Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I was looking at the prototype pictures, and noticed this one doesn`t have the SV style side vents.

lamborghini-aventador-svj-c431516052018220742_8.jpg

What color do you all think Lamborghini will launch it in?

That prototype seems to be yellow/giallo underneath.

It would be cool if they launched it in orange/red similar to the original Miura SVJ.

It's gonna be one one of the six standard SVJ colours - matte white, matte green, red, yellow, Grigio telesto, dark purple.

Everything else Ad Personam. Credit for this info to you know who you are :icon_mrgreen:

It's gonna be one one of the six standard SVJ colours - matte white, matte green, red, yellow, Grigio telesto, dark purple.

Everything else Ad Personam. Credit for this info to you know who you are :icon_mrgreen:

Hmmm Dark Purple. That sounds interesting. Wonder if that is going to be like Porsche Viola Metallic.

Matte Green doesn't sound good though!

So, I don't know how legit this is, but Manhattan Motorcars in NJ told Salomondrin that there will be 300 Coupes and 300 Roadsters. The total will be 600 cars if this isn't bullshit.

So, I don't know how legit this is, but Manhattan Motorcars in NJ told Salomondrin that there will be 300 Coupes and 300 Roadsters. The total will be 600 cars if this isn't bullshit.

Could be true. It's in line with rumors the SVJ will be a limited model. Good news for the lucky few who get allocation.

But who would buy an S in the next 2+ years ? Not limited enough to stop it killing normal sales, must be nearer to 1000 units or they won’t sell enough cars until the replacement if you look at previous sales. IMO

But who would buy an S in the next 2+ years ? Not limited enough to stop it killing normal sales, must be nearer to 1000 units or they won’t sell enough cars until the replacement if you look at previous sales. IMO

How many V12 do they make in a year ?

2019 they will start building the replacement. If they make 600 SVJ plus the S which is in the pipeline plus sales to people who will not get an allocation/afford/like the SVJ and still want Lambo’ last NA V12 with that amazing single clutch they could easily sell 500 plus S cars, they usually give incentives/discounts on run out models, so potentially they could have between 1000 to 1200 plus units to build. Is that filling the production year? That I don’t know.

How many V12 do they make in a year ?

2019 they will start building the replacement. If they make 600 SVJ plus the S which is in the pipeline plus sales to people who will not get an allocation/afford/like the SVJ and still want Lambo’ last NA V12 with that amazing single clutch they could easily sell 500 plus S cars, they usually give incentives/discounts on run out models, so potentially they could have between 1000 to 1200 plus units to build. Is that filling the production year? That I don’t know.

In 2017 Lamborghini delivered 1,173 Aventador ... so I think 1,200 is about the maximum production number for the V12 per year ... I also think the assembly line will be converted for the replacement either in August 2019 ... or August 2020 at the lastest, when the factory closes for the Summer.

The Roadster seen in the video looks to be blue. I have also seen a coupé without the wing, but with those goldish wheels, that car was lime green. Lamborghini seem to have a lot of prototypes out :)

In 2017 Lamborghini delivered 1,173 Aventador ... so I think 1,200 is about the maximum production number for the V12 per year ... I also think the assembly line will be converted for the replacement either in August 2019 ... or August 2020 at the lastest, when the factory closes for the Summer.

If that’s the case they can’t physically fit 1,100 to 1,200 SVJ and keep the S going, interesting.

If that’s the case they can’t physically fit 1,100 to 1,200 SVJ and keep the S going, interesting.

Yah, it doesn't make sense if Lambo builds say 1000 SVJ's when production for the A is winding down unless they double production for the last MY but I highly doubt it. I feel the 600 number sounds about right.

Production is only capped by demand. If they could, Lambo would sell 2,000 - 3,000 Aventadors in a year but the market just isn't there.

Remember that 600 might be the total number with both Coupes and Roadsters. Since the Roadsters are coming out later, SVJs should have a 2 year run. Coupes in the U.S will most likely be delivered as 2019 models. Some Roadsters will be delivered as 2020 models.

Say if they produce around 1200 Aventadors a year, that means 300 of those 1200 will be SVJs for the next 2 years. SVJs will account for around 25% of the Aventador' s production if my math is correct?

They will make more GP on a Jota than an S. Satisfying Jota demand will be priority one. If that means not making S’s, that’s not a problem.

I was told of a strategy to decide numbers which is both happy and sad LOL

It will be interesting to see if it will happen that way.

Production is only capped by demand. If they could, Lambo would sell 2,000 - 3,000 Aventadors in a year but the market just isn't there.

If you have been to the factory you can clearly see that the issue for them is producing the carbon tubs - I think they said the carbon plant is now running 24 hours but they still can only make something like 6 per day

The production line itself is also limited

Now clearly they could invest in another production line - but that would be mega money which I doubt VW currently want them to spend

As such I don't think they are able to increase V12 production

If you have been to the factory you can clearly see that the issue for them is producing the carbon tubs - I think they said the carbon plant is now running 24 hours but they still can only make something like 6 per day

The production line itself is also limited

Now clearly they could invest in another production line - but that would be mega money which I doubt VW currently want them to spend

As such I don't think they are able to increase V12 production

Right, if the demand was significant enough, then yes they'd get an expansion on the line going. But the big money makers are Huracan and (they are hoping) the Urus so those get priority, as a $200k car is easier to sell than a $400k car.

https://www.motor1.com/news/242907/lamborgh...ris-motor-show/ looks like the SVJ will be shown at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show then ...

Count on it. But the likely good news is the car will go on tour in between the unveil at Quail and the official display in Geneva.

Lamborghini SpA will offer the car to dealers (at a cost, of course) for their own unveiling events. So dealers of the upper echelon would probably take that opportunity for mutual benefits to all parties.

Very wise of Lamborghini actually. Rather than going through the costly display, logistics, staffs' time & PR at the Paris show, they just offer the car to the dealers for a day or two here and there and cash in from the process.