Two door four seater options must have HP

Charlie

:icon_super:

You can get a nice Gen V for under $80k pretty easily, that will be a hell of a change up.

I already have a two seater (LP640). I must have a two door four seater so I can throw my girlfriend's son in the backseat.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you considered a 2017 Chevrolet SS, the corvette powered 4 door sedan? LS3 with over 400 stock, throw a blower on it and you'll be 600+ EASY. It's the last year and it comes in a manual for no extra charge!

Two door only and four seater. I want a car that will be great on the track and fun drifting car. I have been down the road throwing a ton of money on motors and not wanting to do that...thus something that is already set up like a GTR, ZL1, ZL1 1LE, etc. Thank you though.

I currently own a GTR, Gen V Viper, and H. I like the line-up since they are completely different cars. A little different fun for your fancy. It seems that you already have an itch to try a GTR; I would get one. Especially if you already have american muscle in your line-up.

I understand why people do not like the GTR. They are easy to drive fast (maybe too easy) with all the nannies to help you out. If you think it is boring, just take traction control off. My son and I were at our local track this past weekend and he took somebody for a ride-along in it. The passengers comment after getting out was that he did not know you could drift the GTR. It is all a matter of how much you want to hang it out there. If you do not like it, get rid of it. At least you would have scratched your itch.

Did you buy the ZL1 yet!......don't keep me waiting lol!

The chevy ss pretty unpleasing. I wish they would have left the ss as a trim of the impala especially the 10th generation.

I agree, and it seems there is a hard-on for American Moose-muscle here.

Shit, if I were going by your list, I'd say Raptor or an E92 335i with a single turbo and take the lunch money of (many of) the cars you mentioned. Nothing like a 3l i6 sleeper dropping 900whp getting near 25mpg hwy and able to make turns until you drop the hammer. At that point you get more ass-happy than blowing your nfl draft bonus at an atlanta strip club.

I don't get the BMW love. It's not the glory days of '90s and early '00s anymore. Now it's the rare BMW that's a driver's car and the typical muscle that's fun out of the box.

Two door only and four seater. I want a car that will be great on the track and fun drifting car. I have been down the road throwing a ton of money on motors and not wanting to do that...thus something that is already set up like a GTR, ZL1, ZL1 1LE, etc. Thank you though.

My apologies, i misread. I have a bias for 4-doors, so i just assume everyone wants a high-horsepower sedan, because why not? :lol2:

I don't get the BMW love. It's not the glory days of '90s and early '00s anymore. Now it's the rare BMW that's a driver's car and the typical muscle that's fun out of the box.

I don't follow. I just sold my 650 sedan and loved it and replaced it with a new x6m. The X6M is possibly the best all around DD I've ever driven.

10 speed ZL1-Call it a day. I have strongly considered one myself, but my daily commute is just brutal both in miles and traffic, so it would be a waste unless I keep my DD and buy it for weekend use.

I don't follow. I just sold my 650 sedan and loved it and replaced it with a new x6m. The X6M is possibly the best all around DD I've ever driven.

I'll clarify.

Nice all around cars for sure. They put up all of the obligatory performance metrics, have decent luxury, manual trans, etc. I'm not in love with the styling on all of their cars, but some are okay.

But the Ultimate Driving Machine label to me has passed, and is the one criteria I was using to judge BMWs holistically. Back in the mid to late '90s, either C&D or R&T chose the E36 M3 as the best driver's car one year. An M3 beat out the F355, 993/996 Carrera, POS, Viper, Esprit, etc....!

Then in college, the E39 M5 came out and I remember a bunch of us at lunch just in awe of it in one of the mags. Don't ever recall a sports sedan ever getting quite the fanfare that car got and it had deserved accolades. Only recently, 15 years later has it been "ousted" for it's driving character (Chevy SS per Randy Pobst).

The E46 M3 did up the ante a bit and was another big deal. Some hardcore E36 purists would find things to critique but otherwise it was solid.

E90 3 series going forward the whole character of BMW has started to soften a bit. It has started to move more towards Benz, Infiniti in handling/ride quality tradeoffs. Handling purity has gone down as kinnsella will point out.

Some exceptions still intrigue me on the hardcore end like the 1 and 2 series. I'd get those over the last two generation 3 series cars. Due to their small size and maybe not having to live up to being a 3 series, they could be "more BMW".

The reliability and design of these 3 series motors the last several years have been suspect. The turbo 6 tech has had its issues compared to AMG V8s.

Interestingly enough you point out the 650 and X6M as two BMWs you really like, and those two are of the size and GT character that are more in line with what BMW has become of late. I'd imagine the 7 series is pretty nice and probably the 5 too.

So it all depends what you're looking for.

But the generic snobbery one would take for granted of a BMW being more sporty than xyz American car, Infiniti, Benz.....nah, not anymore.

BTW, I read somewhere that engineers for BMW have the ability to tweak their own personal cars and have it built their way off the assembly line. I'd imagine those cars could be something special if they made them feel like Bimmers of old.

• 1 month later...
I thought I might give this thread a bump when I saw this.

No affiliation.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/6181139889.html

That is actually pretty sick. I've always wondered though - how do you even see where you are driving with that much of your vision being blocked? If you could make that engine fit under a non ridiculous hood it'd be a lot better in the long run imo

Tara, I looked at the new C63 S 2017 and the interior is gorgeous but the exterior does not do it for me. It is too smooth...I honestly would take a black series 2012 or 2013 over a brand new C63 S. But those are hard to find and wanting big money.

TestShoot - I have driven several GTR and for some reason some I fit in the seat and some I do not - the side bolster typically dig into my back instead of me fitting into the seat properly - just too small of a seat. I have the same issue with the LP640 seats but at least I can tolerate those better. So I am back to the Camaro ZL1. Their is a convertible here new that I was considering but not sure about a convertible. It would be a cool change and I am sure I will use a convertible with my girlfriend's 11 year old in the back and his friends.. So I am trying to digest that...a coupe or convertible. The new ZL1 auto ten speed is just a great all around car...plenty fast, shifts fast, handles and brakes great, can do do burnouts and drift all day long...and I fit in it comfortably. So that is where I am leaning. Now just need to decide convertible or not since it will be my fourth car.

Brother!! I see you made a thread on your search. Ill share a little more of my humble opinion.

GTR is boring. Like you know I have had one which was initially built by SPE as a complete FBO E85, no corners cut. Then I went full big build back when there were just a handful of 1300awhp GTR floating around. Mine put down 1418awhp...Its fast for sure but in no way exciting. I know you want something that will get you excited to drive and give you the same fix as if you were running opps with the teams (well close to that feeling haha). GTR just doesnt do it...The reason you fit in some and other you dont is, black and track editions have different seat. They are uncomfortable for stockier guys. And that controller you are talking about should not be ran all the time to keep it in rear wheel drive. It was mainly released for the burn out box at the drags. So only used for a few seconds.

Demon looks like will need to be sold at MSRP, that is what I heard dodge is making there dealers do. Its the best bang for your buck for power and 1/4 mile. Hellcat could be really fun with a few mods...Pulleys, Flex Fuel, Exhaust, and Tune...

I know you said you want 2 door, but I just finished a build on my wifes CLS63. Puts down high 800s to the wheels. It will get sideways with out and problems. Quick, loud, and comfy.

Resto-mod and Pro Touring hot roads are amazing. I love love love my 56 Chevy. I will never sell that thing. So the old school Camaro option is a solid one. But they are up in price for a well built one.

Other then what you listed I cant think of anything else to mention. Shoot me a text anything brother!

-Will

my girlfriend's 11 year old in the back and his friends.
A tiny 11 year old turns in to a lanky 13 year old teenager in growth spurts pretty fast. 'maro might be an ok choice for a while. I know getting a 4-door probably feels like you are getting domesticated and comfortable, but you are not getting a minivan.

A tiny 11 year old turns in to a lanky 13 year old teenager in growth spurts pretty fast. 'maro might be an ok choice for a while. I know getting a 4-door probably feels like you are getting domesticated and comfortable, but you are not getting a minivan.

We're all 2 door guys at heart, but only having 2 door cars can get old sometimes when you're moving people around.

Truly appreciate all of your feedback. If I can find a 1969 Camaro pro touring that would be great. If not the ZL1 would be perfect.

What Dodge is doing for potential Demon owners is badass! I will call the Dodge dealer I know tomorrow to see what the cost is and go from there. That would be a great option for me as well with the rear seating.

Thank you all for the help! We do have a four door and a Tundra but we would love to have a 2 door four seater since we all love to drive sports cars so that is the next car to get ;)

CL65

A Great car but I want something that does 0-60 in 3.5 or better and that you can drift. The CL65 when drifting the stability control will stop you even with it off. It is a monster of a motor though but does not meet this criteria I seek.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/dodge-gives...1FA610EB256A1F0

Dealers are already getting huge pushback if they try to ask over MSRP. Woodhouse will get you setup for a great price if you're looking for one.

For what its worth on Reddit there is a customer that has an order in and the dealer wanted MRSP for the car but $100K for the accessory package. No idea if its true or if its just one shady dealer or how it will turn out.