Hello! New Murci TT owner

tomlang89

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Lamborghini ownership and thought i'd say hi and introduce myself, i've met a few people like Stimpy who have welcomed me tot he family!

Since moving to the US 4 years ago I've not needed a car due to living in NYC, however 6 months ago the withdraws got so bad I had to resolve this so I started searching for my dream Lamborghini. I used to flip cars back in the UK but mainly older 4x4's to export to central / eastern Europe but always had a cheap and relatively quick toy to play with (tuned golf / Alfa Romeo GTV V6, 996 4S) but nothing too fancy.

I've always loved the Murcielago and when I found a 2003 Manual in my favorite colour blue I had to buy her (I've added a couple of pics to this post). An added bonus is the 1,100 bhp from the Racing Underground twin turbo set up!

I look forward to burdening you all with my troubles and helping in any way I can!

Thanks,

Tom

IMG_7239.JPG

IMG_7236.JPG

I saw that car at Driving Emotions. Is that where you got it? Gorgeous and TT to boot!!!

Yes I did indeed after 3 months of discussing and negotiating I got the courage to pull the trigger, no regrets so far!

Congrats. Glad you were able to work it out with David/Driving Emotions. They have alot of really nice cars but he's a pain to deal with. Nevertheless - you buy the car, not the dealer.

Have fun be safe.

Yes I did indeed after 3 months of discussing and negotiating I got the courage to pull the trigger, no regrets so far!

I hope you got a killer deal as it was there a while. Gorgeous car.

Congrats. Glad you were able to work it out with David/Driving Emotions. They have alot of really nice cars but he's a pain to deal with. Nevertheless - you buy the car, not the dealer.

Have fun be safe.

Thanks - I didn't encounter too many problems, the biggest thing was the complete lack of history with the can which Driving Emotions weren't able to help with from the previous owner, Kevin at UGR was very helpful piecing together some of the history since the TT upgrade was installed as well as calling Lamborghini Dallas where it had a service many moons ago. I anticipated there would be a few things needed doing to the car and i'm working through them.

UGR car if I remember.

UGR indeed!

I was local and called on it but the asking price was just too much and there didn't seem to be much room to discuss with little history. Love the car and wish I could have driven it. Congrats and enjoy!

Looks gorgeous. I have contemplated having my LP640 TT'd many times but never had the balls to pull the trigger. Not sure how the tranny/diff on the Murcis like to hold up with double the power. Is yours Egear? Have you had a chance to really step on it and did UGR do anything to beef up the drive train besides the engine build?

Looks gorgeous. I have contemplated having my LP640 TT'd many times but never had the balls to pull the trigger. Not sure how the tranny/diff on the Murcis like to hold up with double the power. Is yours Egear? Have you had a chance to really step on it and did UGR do anything to beef up the drive train besides the engine build?

Its a manual..prob at minimum a kevlar clutch if not billet gears.

Thanks!

I've had no major problems so far, along with a number of things which can be found on the UGR site - http://www.undergroundracing.com/vehicles/...murcielago.html

My clutch has been since upgrade again but unfortunately there's no paperwork to see what too... si I have no idea right now....

I have had to replace the alternator as it was completely fried will all the extra power needed

Great color choice! If you ever consider enhancing the exhaust, give me a call!

Lmao...Seriously enhancing a TT UGR v12? I'm not sure there is an exhaust on the car. It's straight pipe with an x merge and some small resonators.

Video of this car sounds amazing btw from what I remember.

Btw my fabspeed cat bypass is nice. Lol

• 2 months later...
Its a manual..prob at minimum a kevlar clutch if not billet gears.

Unfortunately, no, not billet gears. I talked to Kevin a couple years back, and their belief is that murciealgo (base) has a strong enough drive-line that it doesn't necessitate upgrades other then the clutch change. Unfortunately after breaking both a transmission and two differentials (I had egear), I have to disagree with him, but I do acknowledge he is the expert in the field. Now as far as LP640, that is a stronger driveline, and I'd be more inclined to push power levels on that setup over the murcielago. Good news for you, is I know what to do when you break any of it :) (the driveline), feel free to ask.

Also, funny that shameless plug for Fabspeed. But is he crazy? You think an exhaust company would know their system for stock cars would never work on a turbo car that has turbo's hanging off the exhaust system. lol. Oh fabspeed....