dtrax

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest skokos
Wow, and here I thought they couldn't get any worse. Absolutely awful. Not one design element is even slightly appealing on the car from any angle.

It looks even more Japanese in heritage than the Enzo, which I didn't think was possible. Can't believe some of the people commenting positively on it in this thread, clearly there are F-car blinders on a bit. If it was sourced from Hyundai, or Lamborghini for that matter, our veterans would be screaming bloody murder.

Ferrari/Pininfarina of the 90s is clearly dead...we're never going to get another balanced beauty like the 355 past this point. Instead the bizarre look of the Enzo/599 continues, only now spiced up with a bit of overly soft R8 cues. What a shame.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

LOL This is what Ferrari is going to bring out to compete against the LP560 and whatever Lambo comes up with next? What a joke

If i was an F430 owner i'd be pissed..This will add fuel to the already plummeting prices.

I really like the new look!

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

LOL This is what Ferrari is going to bring out to compete against the LP560 and whatever Lambo comes up with next? What a joke

This car will run circles around a 560.

It will be faster, handle better, and more exploitable. I've driven both the 560 and the Scuderia and they are almost dead ass even in most aspects. This car will out do both of those by a significant margin. Especially on any normal canyon or driving road.

You better hope Lamborghini even has a "next" car. Like I said, they need money and are not getting it from Audi. They have no money for serious R and D that it takes to make it in the "A" league as Mako said.

Think about this. Audi (VAG) was a pioneer of 7 speed duel clutch technology. Yet, it hasn't made it to a Lamborghini yet. To top that off, Lamborghini could have bought the same system that Ferrari uses, yet they chose not to even purchase that. Their transmission was behind the last generation Ferrari's. Now its just plain antiquated.

It all comes down to money.

How one feels about the look of the car is strictly personal preference and can't be debated. I happen to think it looks good and has pretty clean lines especially compared to the 430.

Mechanically though it appears that it will be quite an outstanding car. Porsche and Lambo better really step up their game if they hope to compete with this thing.

I'll be putting my name on the list for one for sure.

I love it! It looks good and sounds like it's going to be pretty impressive. Lamborghini better be working on one hell of a LP560 replacement or they're in serious trouble.

This car just goes to show that competition really does breed quality. Lambo, Audi, and Porsche stepped up their games in this market, and even Ferrari had to respond to get back on top, and look at what a gem of technology they come up with.

Styling-wise: I think it's a clean design from the side, and I appreciate the aerodynamic efficiency, but the rear is extremely busy (those vents...ick...) and the front looks a bit retarded.

570hp from a road-legal 4.5l V8? That really is something. Bravo, Ferrari...

The early leaked mules led to some photoshop efforts by random people on the internet...always liked these two best and prefer them by a wide margin over the actual F458:

car_photo_304746_25.jpg

Autoweek_F430_Successor.jpg

Did anyone notice the HP is listed as 570cv **

**= 5cv of ram effect

that seems like stretching things a bit they could say 580 on a good day. I have never seen anyone do that

I'm not overly impressed with the styling, it's just a 360 with a face lift IMO. Imagine tightening a saggy old ladies face, and now it's tight again, this is the result.

I like the exterior, a bit more angular, but the interior is a joke to me, some kind of an F1 racecar wannabe with a giantic rev counter, I don't get it.

+1

Exterior is pure Ferrari. Back to the beautiful designs of years past.

Interior is pure Honda Civic. It insults the great lines of the exterior.

The early leaked mules led to some photoshop efforts by random people on the internet...always liked these two best and prefer them by a wide margin over the actual F458:

The F458 looks much nicer IMO. This might turn out to be the first Ferrari I lust over since the F40!

But you apparently seem to think Angelina Jolie is hot... :icon_mrgreen:

the 458 leaves these 2 sketches for dead.

What is "ram effect"?

"Ram-air intake is any intake design which uses the dynamic air pressure created by vehicle motion to increase the static air pressure inside of the intake manifold on an engine, thus allowing a greater flow through the engine and hence increasing engine power"

What is "ram effect"?

Forcing air into the engine intake manifold thanks to increasing speed, racing cars usually have it. For instance Diablo SV or SE Jota also have it.

You can see it on the top of the engine cover on the pic.

se30jota.jpg

If anyone is curious as to why Ferrari went with the three pipe route, it was to lose weight. On the f430 the bypass pipes were the innermost pipes, and the muffler pipers are the outermost. Lose quite a bit of weight by removing an entire steel pipe unit.