joebiz

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I feel for you.

Its good that everyone came out of this ok, and yes it is only a car and can be replaced but I still understand that feeling in your gut.

Russell

ohhh!! very sad!!!!! hope next year will be more better than this one.

dupontregistry

Sorry to hear that Joe Biz....Best of luck to you getting it fixed, and I hope you walk away unscathed from this.

On another note why the fcuk does this guy post a link to dupontregistry in every post?

Youch. Glad to see you are ok.

How does the other drivers' insurance look? Do you carry underinsured?

Sorry to see/hear man! :( Glad you are okay though, that is the most important thing. I am sure it will all work out. Keep us posted!

Wow! :( But as long as you (and, if applicable, your passenger) are ok, that's what matters most. Car is replaceable and in a twisted way, it's also a good excuse to get another one. All the best in 2010.

Very true, as usual!

Good luck!

I did not need this in my life right now.

So briefly-

I was traveling south bound in the #2 lane (outside) and other driver was traveling north bound in the dedicated turn lane. I was traveling 35-40MPH as I had just turned on to the road about 1/10th of a mile earlier. He turned left without looking and his bumper snagged the front right of my car and yanked it so hard that the car was lifted off the ground. I had -0- time to react. It spun me out into a curb and the car was well on it's way to flipping over when it fell over the opposite side of the curb. My car ended up facing the opposite direction on a small private road that paralleled the highway I was traveling on. Smashed down hard and broke or bent 3 of the 4 wheels. Something under the front bonnet flashed really brightly and smoke was pouring out everywhere. All of the electronics went berzerk, the airbag and warning lights were flashing like mad and the motor made this God-awful mechanical gnashing sound like the transmission was between gears.

Cops showed up. He was cited for a few things, illegal left turn I think was what they said was the contributing factor to the wreck. He was very apologetic, and very concerned that he just ruined my car. Lambo was towed off by a really professional team.

David over at Moorespeed has it now.

I'm very grateful nobody got hurt. I'm also grateful that there is no question as to fault, which should help with the liability issue. Liability without the ability to compensate, however, is of little consequence.

Mostly, I am just super bummed out because I *really* loved this car and I really, really don't have the bandwidth or capacity to deal with this right now.

Thanks for all the well-wishes. I am sure that this was just the gravestone on 2009 and that 2010 will be the best year ever!

Picture_1.png

spun.jpg

First of all i am glad you are ok. As irritating as it is don't sweat it too much . The car can be fixed and will be fixed. You health is the most important thing and you are ok.

Everything else will fall into place.

Of course happy to see everyone is OK, that's priority number one. Sad to see the banged up Gallardo but hopefully everything goes smoothly and you can get back into a Bull soon.

Maybe we should look at this as a little reminder to be safe out there considering tonight is NYE. Everyone drive carefully and watch out for the amateurs out there.