I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tired to but the Gcode leg holsters but couldn't figure out what I needed to buy to make it work

I just spent a day in the Utah backcountry with a G-code REAC drop leg, SOC holster, and my G19. I like it because it can be adjusted to ride higher on the leg than other drop leg holsters I've tried... but I found the whole setup sticks out a bit far and would scrap/bang on rocks when going up a tight canyon section. I wished the package was lower profile and hugged in tighter on my thigh. Overall it seemed to work OK.

Yeah I'm really liking my high speed gear drop leg mag holster. It's worked quite well so far. My instructor has G code stuff and he doesn't have any complaints.

I just spent a day in the Utah backcountry with a G-code REAC drop leg, SOC holster, and my G19. I like it because it can be adjusted to ride higher on the leg than other drop leg holsters I've tried... but I found the whole setup sticks out a bit far and would scrap/bang on rocks when going up a tight canyon section. I wished the package was lower profile and hugged in tighter on my thigh. Overall it seemed to work OK.

Yeah I like that it can ride a little higher on the thigh, like it should. It being slightly spaced out helps when your running full kit. And I love how easy it is for you to transition from the drop leg to having it on your carrier when driving. As long as you have that quick detatch wheel thing on your carrier.

Just curious, and I don't mean anything negative at all. But how come your running a 19 on a drop leg? Also I bet it was nice up there in the back country. Better then the hot desert here. Haha.

Yeah I like that it can ride a little higher on the thigh, like it should. It being slightly spaced out helps when your running full kit. And I love how easy it is for you to transition from the drop leg to having it on your carrier when driving. As long as you have that quick detatch wheel thing on your carrier.

Just curious, and I don't mean anything negative at all. But how come your running a 19 on a drop leg? Also I bet it was nice up there in the back country. Better then the hot desert here. Haha.

Yeah I bought a few extra of the wheel things. And a paddle. The modularity is a nice benefit of the system.

I was backpacking and needed the gun off my waist (backpack waist belt would interfere) but still on my person with quick access. Seemed like a good solution - is there a better way?

Yeah I bought a few extra of the wheel things. And a paddle. The modularity is a nice benefit of the system.

I was backpacking and needed the gun off my waist (backpack waist belt would interfere) but still on my person with quick access. Seemed like a good solution - is there a better way?

I was more curious on the choice of the 19 on a drop leg. A 19 isn't usually carried in a open environment type of rig. It's more of a concealed carry Glock. But if it works for you that is the main thing bud. I am in no way criticizing you, was more curious then anything. :-)

I was more curious on the choice of the 19 on a drop leg.

No criticism taken! I am far from an expert, and enjoy learning from you more experienced guys.

Yeah for CC I usually carry a G26 or G19, so I have several of each. This drop leg ordeal was simply because I needed to move that weapon off my waist while maintaining quick accessibility. I could easily carry a bigger caliber weapon in that rig, and perhaps now I have an excuse to get one! G20 here I come.

No criticism taken! I am far from an expert, and enjoy learning from you more experienced guys.

Yeah for CC I usually carry a G26 or G19, so I have several of each. This drop leg ordeal was simply because I needed to move that weapon off my waist while maintaining quick accessibility. I could easily carry a bigger caliber weapon in that rig, and perhaps now I have an excuse to get one! G20 here I come.

I usually run a 19 as a daily when I'm not on job. Sometimes I use the 19 as well for on assignment pending what clothing I'm wearing, and even a M&P Shield....But it's usually my 17 or M&P9 VTAC on a thigh or chest rig (pending the situation), or on a belt holster. It's super easy to switch from the drop leg to chest rig once you have the G Code wheel things. I picked up a few of the wheels attachments so I can transition the holster super easy and fast. Sorry I don't have the technical name for the g code wheel thing, hahaha.

Ive been reading up on the page so it seems like charlie is the guy so anyways i was wondering has anyone used this guy gun I've been seen a lot of his work lately and wanted to get my glock 17 and sig p226 done in the battle worn look as well and my noveske ar I'm open to all suggestions

I think Im a little opinionated towards the "battle worn" look, I believe it should look like that due to actual use...But some of the work you linked looks actually pretty good!

I think Im a little opinionated towards the "battle worn" look, I believe it should look like that due to actual use...But some of the work you linked looks actually pretty good!

:iamwithstupid: Looks cool but if you want battle warn do it yourself. Too be honest out of all the guns I take out the 2 I painted myself are the ones I worry the least about beating up. If the ODG or FDE color starts to wear off I will either embrace it or just hit it with the rattle can and a sealer again.

I took my first can out and it got beat up on a concrete table like 30 seconds after we took it out of the case. I went to cringe and then I said "F it" and embraced the wear and tear. If it gets bad enough I will just get it cerakoted again.

I know what you mean but ive got an itch to do a Boba Fett themed DMR style ar 15 (OD green with a little bit of yellow and maroon peppered in) and I feel like it needs to be "battle worn".

:iamwithstupid: Looks cool but if you want battle warn do it yourself. Too be honest out of all the guns I take out the 2 I painted myself are the ones I worry the least about beating up. If the ODG or FDE color starts to wear off I will either embrace it or just hit it with the rattle can and a sealer again.

I took my first can out and it got beat up on a concrete table like 30 seconds after we took it out of the case. I went to cringe and then I said "F it" and embraced the wear and tear. If it gets bad enough I will just get it cerakoted again.

No problems with fitment? at all?