I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I built an AOW just because it was a cheap NFA stamp ($5). But i can't say that shooting a 12Ga pistol is may favorite gun to shoot! It's a calmer with the shorty rounds, but they dont cycle that reliably.

Get rid of that crappy plastic grip and put a Hogue Tamer grip on it. It will help a lot.

Need glass for my Remington 700 AAC-SD in 308 with a 20in barrel and AAC Cyclone can. I would like to be able to ring steel at 1000 yards and don't mind paying for something nicer than I normally would buy. Discuss below.

Anybody in this thread have any experience with FN Five seven?

Charlie had/has one and one of the guys from the ATL was selling one. I wouldn't mind picking one up to go with my PS90 but the price tag is a bit steep for me. I LOVE the idea of the FiveseveN and the PS90 as a paired set and I am a big fan of the 5.7x28 cartridge.

Thanks Hannibal for a quick reply. One of my buddies swears by this gun calling it THE best gun ever made. Just don't know if such a boast is guaranteed.

Thanks Hannibal for a quick reply. One of my buddies swears by this gun calling it THE best gun ever made. Just don't know if such a boast is guaranteed.

i should be sleeping as it's midnight over here. The 5.7 round has a really interesting history. It should have replaced the 9mm but HK got their panties in a bunch and basically blocked it from being adopted via NATO. Then they turned around and developed the 4.6 which wasn't as good.

I really was disappointed to be unable to shoot my PS90 before leaving but I have no doubt I will be happy with it. CarnikCon has a hilarious video about the PS90 on his YouTube channel.

i should be sleeping as it's midnight over here. The 5.7 round has a really interesting history. It should have replaced the 9mm but HK got their panties in a bunch and basically blocked it from being adopted via NATO. Then they turned around and developed the 4.6 which wasn't as good.

I really was disappointed to be unable to shoot my PS90 before leaving but I have no doubt I will be happy with it. CarnikCon has a hilarious video about the PS90 on his YouTube channel.

Searching youtube as we speak.

Go to bed, sleep tight :)

Anybody in this thread have any experience with FN Five seven?

Yes, I own one. Definitely like the weapon and the round.

Get rid of that crappy plastic grip and put a Hogue Tamer grip on it. It will help a lot.

Good call. I had one on my .50 DE and really helped. I also have one of those Knoxx breacher grips laying around. I should try that one out too, but I've been gun-lazy since it's not much fun to shoot during the AZ summertime. Just built up a fun suppressor host a few weeks ago, too:

post-59242-1443201107_thumb.jpg

post-59242-1443201057_thumb.jpg

Good call. I had one on my .50 DE and really helped. I also have one of those Knoxx breacher grips laying around. I should try that one out too, but I've been gun-lazy since it's not much fun to shoot during the AZ summertime. Just built up a fun suppressor host a few weeks ago, too:

post-59242-1443201107_thumb.jpg

post-59242-1443201057_thumb.jpg

That looks great!

Thanks! It's built specifically for the 60gr. Aguila SSS subsonic stuff, but should shoot standard rounds pretty well too.

The ballistics on the subsonic stuff just dies past 50 yards. That being said my savage mark ii with a huntertown can is silly quiet with regular rounds. I can't imagine how quiet this will be with sub sonic!

The ballistics on the subsonic stuff just dies past 50 yards. That being said my savage mark ii with a huntertown can is silly quiet with regular rounds. I can't imagine how quiet this will be with sub sonic!

Dang, I was hoping to enter a 1000 yard match this weekend. :icon_mrgreen:

This stuff does better since it starts out subsonic and doesn't suffer from '22 drag syndrome' like the other supersonic stuff does. it's also 50% heavier, so that helps maintain some velocity too. I have a Huntertown .22 can, and plan to test it on this rifle. Right now I've got my Sparrow on it. Should be a fun gun for the backyard and whatnot.

• 3 weeks later...

How much do silencers silence the gun? I had read that they often are still loud but just not as loud because they reduce the decibel level a good deal, but not anything like in the movies, because the gun shot sound is a combination of the gunpowder combusting and a miniature sonic boom created (I am assuming hence how sub-sonic rounds would be quieter).

How much do silencers silence the gun? I had read that they often are still loud but just not as loud because they reduce the decibel level a good deal, but not anything like in the movies, because the gun shot sound is a combination of the gunpowder combusting and a miniature sonic boom created (I am assuming hence how sub-sonic rounds would be quieter).

About 30dB-40dB I believe.

Not even that much...

20-30 and down from there...

They take the ear ringing/ hearing damaging "bang" off the sound. But if the bullet goes far enough, you still hear the supersonic crack down range and the cycling of the action is pretty loud itself.

But its still going to be 120db+ which is loud as fcuk. Like rock concert loud.

But its a different type of loud... It doesnt "hurt" like an unsuppressed gunshot does... I can shoot my mp5sd all day without ears... wouldnt do that once without the suppressor...

Wheels. Really depends on the caliber of the round you are shooting, the barrel length, type of suppressor and whether your round is subsonic or not.

That's pretty high for a sound reduction but shooting 300BLK sub sonic and you will see high 30s.

Not even that much...

20-30 and down from there...

They take the ear ringing/ hearing damaging "bang" off the sound. But if the bullet goes far enough, you still hear the supersonic crack down range and the cycling of the action is pretty loud itself.

But its still going to be 120db+ which is loud as fcuk. Like rock concert loud.

But its a different type of loud... It doesnt "hurt" like an unsuppressed gunshot does... I can shoot my mp5sd all day without ears... wouldnt do that once without the suppressor...

20-30 is much more likely to be seen with a can on a 5.56 or 7.62 round. Remember guys that the point of the suppressor isn't to make it super quiet for you the shooter. It is to mask the sound down range at what you are shooting. There is a drastic difference in how the suppressor sounds at the muzzle and 20-30 feet away let alone 100 yards down range. THAT is the point of a can!

20-30 is much more likely to be seen with a can on a 5.56 or 7.62 round. Remember guys that the point of the suppressor isn't to make it super quiet for you the shooter. It is to mask the sound down range at what you are shooting. There is a drastic difference in how the suppressor sounds at the muzzle and 20-30 feet away let alone 100 yards down range. THAT is the point of a can!

So suppressors aren't so much for protecting one's hearing but rather to prevent say the enemy from knowing where the gun fire is coming from?

So suppressors aren't so much for protecting one's hearing but rather to prevent say the enemy from knowing where the gun fire is coming from?

IMHO yes but they do both well.