I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got bored of listening to Hillary talk about gun control today and decided to buy a new sock drawer gun that make a Liberal make a sad face.

microdraco.gif

Hahahaha that will shoot fireballs the size of jupiter.

Also you should SBR it and throw a stock on it cause that would be awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had some time to do some personal tactical training with some Bro's. We worked on Strong and weak hand shooting (while moving as well carrying a full ammo can), shooting behind barricades - moving from one stage to the next under time. Any shots missed you must do burpees or push-ups depending on drill. Was a fun day. Also posted pics of firearms I brought out - just cleaned them for the day...

post-10287-1449017872_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1449017910_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1449017933_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1449017957_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1449018027_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1449018048_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1449018061_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1449018074_thumb.jpg

Charlie, who did the work on your Glock 35? You have posted pics of it in the past and it is exactly what I would like to build, but I can't place the logo on the magazine.

Arsenal Democracy did a very nice G17 build that they showed off at SHOT show but I haven't seen anything on their website about it. I like the look of this build rather than some of the Call of Duty gamer style Glocks that Zev Tech turns out. Having no experience with Zev tech they might make excellent upgrades, but some of their slides are just over the top IMO.

Any preference between the Leupold, Trijicon, and Docter Optics reflex sights?

Finally had some time to do some personal tactical training with some Bro's. We worked on Strong and weak hand shooting (while moving as well carrying a full ammo can), shooting behind barricades - moving from one stage to the next under time. Any shots missed you must do burpees or push-ups depending on drill. Was a fun day. Also posted pics of firearms I brought out - just cleaned them for the day...

Looks awesome! :icon_thumleft: What branch were you in, brother?

Charlie, who did the work on your Glock 35? You have posted pics of it in the past and it is exactly what I would like to build, but I can't place the logo on the magazine.

Arsenal Democracy did a very nice G17 build that they showed off at SHOT show but I haven't seen anything on their website about it. I like the look of this build rather than some of the Call of Duty gamer style Glocks that Zev Tech turns out. Having no experience with Zev tech they might make excellent upgrades, but some of their slides are just over the top IMO.

Any preference between the Leupold, Trijicon, and Docter Optics reflex sights?

I am friends with the owner's of Arsenal Democracy but would no longer recommend them. Their customer service and getting firearms done in a timely manner is horrific. I have sold many weapons for them and own a Glock, 300 BO 8.5" and a 5.56 10.5" of theirs. Solid builds but gain, because of their poor customer service I will never recommend them.

The other glock was done by Taran Tactical. My company did the slide work. Taran is a great guy and does amazing work for less than Zev. Zev does great work as well so either one is a good way to go! I love the Glock 35 because I can run 40 or 9 buy just changing the barrel.

optics - Depends on what you want out of your pistol. 2-3 MOA are harder to pick up fast on your first shot so bigger is better in CQB. 8 MOA is really not as bad as it sounds for pistol...2" at 25 yards, 4" at 50 and 8" at 100 so again depends are what you are using the pistol for. But with that said My Dr Sight is 3.5 and Delta is a 2.5 (dot). As for which is better RMR or Delta...it is a toss up. I do like the Delta better but feel the RMR is more durable. IF you go with the RMR make sure you stick with battery powered. The self illuminating sometimes does not provide adequate dot brightness in some light conditions.

I am friends with the owner's of Arsenal Democracy but would no longer recommend them. Their customer service and getting firearms done in a timely manner is horrific. I have sold many weapons for them and own a Glock, 300 BO 8.5" and a 5.56 10.5" of theirs. Solid builds but gain, because of their poor customer service I will never recommend them.

The other glock was done by Taran Tactical. My company did the slide work. Taran is a great guy and does amazing work for less than Zev. Zev does great work as well so either one is a good way to go! I love the Glock 35 because I can run 40 or 9 buy just changing the barrel.

optics - Depends on what you want out of your pistol. 2-3 MOA are harder to pick up fast on your first shot so bigger is better in CQB. 8 MOA is really not as bad as it sounds for pistol...2" at 25 yards, 4" at 50 and 8" at 100 so again depends are what you are using the pistol for. But with that said My Dr Sight is 3.5 and Delta is a 2.5 (dot). As for which is better RMR or Delta...it is a toss up. I do like the Delta better but feel the RMR is more durable. IF you go with the RMR make sure you stick with battery powered. The self illuminating sometimes does not provide adequate dot brightness in some light conditions.

Thank you very much for the info. I checked Taran tactical's site and you weren't kidding, they have great pricing and if their work is good enough for you I have no doubt I will be pleased with it.

You mentioned your company did the slide work, was that a one off job because I didn't see slide work listed under gunsmithing on ATACSOL.COM. The only reason I want to replace the slide is to co-witness the fiber optic sights with the RMR.

Thanks again for all the info.

Thank you very much for the info. I checked Taran tactical's site and you weren't kidding, they have great pricing and if their work is good enough for you I have no doubt I will be pleased with it.

You mentioned your company did the slide work, was that a one off job because I didn't see slide work listed under gunsmithing on ATACSOL.COM. The only reason I want to replace the slide is to co-witness the fiber optic sights with the RMR.

Thanks again for all the info.

We do a ton of work and custom firearm builds (primarily for close friends/govt). The site developed when we were considering to start doing civilian training. We have been too busy with Govt/OGA training so we have not touched the site since (to busy to do civilian since our primary work picked back up). We will be adding some precision rifle build sales on the site that have been in demand through us in January 2016. We can do your slide for you if you wish and you will need to go to suppressor series iron sights to work with your optic correctly. Message me if wanting us to do your slide - provide color, and any cuts or etching wanted etc.

Dumb question and I've asked more embarrassing things haha but...I may go to the NRA range Sunday and they say they allow up to a .500 s&w. Does that mean I could shoot my 50ae Desert Eagle there? I emailed them too but just curious. Also they say no steel core ammo. None of my ammo boxes say steel anywhere but how do I know? It's Hornady 50ae and then I have a bunch of Magtech 40 s&w range ammo.

Dumb question and I've asked more embarrassing things haha but...I may go to the NRA range Sunday and they say they allow up to a .500 s&w. Does that mean I could shoot my 50ae Desert Eagle there? I emailed them too but just curious. Also they say no steel core ammo. None of my ammo boxes say steel anywhere but how do I know? It's Hornady 50ae and then I have a bunch of Magtech 40 s&w range ammo.

You'll be fine, the S&W 500 Magnum is A LOT nastier round than the .50AE.

You don't have steel core ammo.

Your average American brass ammo won't be steel core. If in doubt, just put a magnet to it to check. That's what they will do at the range.

I went to the gun show today.

Boring. Usual stuff, ARs, handguns, tactical gear, flashlights, beef jerky.

I miss the gun shows of the 80's. Tables full of Norinco AKs and various imports packed in styrofoam and cosmoline grease, M-11's, M-12s, Tec-9's, piles of SKS, parts kits galore, stacks and stacks of 1000 rounds Wolf for $120, the ever present Hellfire Trigger table....

And what's with the assholes that have to dry fire every gun they touch. Saw a guy pick up a PS90. Snap the zip tie off it and proceeds to mess with the bolt and dry fire it like 5 times. Owners walk over ask him to please stop and he looks at them like "why" and walks off. Then they have to put a new zip tie on it. If I had guns at at show I would electrical tape up slides and charging handles on my guns so they can't.

I went to the gun show today.

Boring. Usual stuff, ARs, handguns, tactical gear, flashlights, beef jerky.

I miss the gun shows of the 80's. Tables full of Norinco AKs and various imports packed in styrofoam and cosmoline grease, M-11's, M-12s, Tec-9's, piles of SKS, parts kits galore, stacks and stacks of 1000 rounds Wolf for $120, the ever present Hellfire Trigger table....

And what's with the assholes that have to dry fire every gun they touch. Saw a guy pick up a PS90. Snap the zip tie off it and proceeds to mess with the bolt and dry fire it like 5 times. Owners walk over ask him to please stop and he looks at them like "why" and walks off. Then they have to put a new zip tie on it. If I had guns at at show I would electrical tape up slides and charging handles on my guns so they can't.

I never went to gun shows until recently and honestly I don't even know why I go now.

Pay a cover to pay for over priced/tacky crap. 99% of the time the internet will get you a much better deal than anything you can find at these shows. The only exception I've found is when bulk buying ammo and not having to pay for shipping. The only purchased I've ever made at these shows is for thousands of rounds and I literally pulled out a calculator (phone) and compared the price per round of what I could get online after shipping vs walk away from right now.

If I wanted to man handle a gun to see if I liked it prior to purchase I'd go to an FFL.

Agreed. This weekend is the best show of the year out here, but I still pass. Seems like the gun show is the place to go for the worst customer service and retail+ pricing. Also a great place to rub elbows and share BO with the area's best examples of cretin/prepper/homeless/men with braided pony tails/etc. Bonus points: Yesterday at the show, one of them accidentally shot another in the gut.

I got bored of listening to Hillary talk about gun control today and decided to buy a new sock drawer gun that make a Liberal make a sad face.

microdraco.gif

I finally shot the 50 today. Definitely some kick and it got a lot of attention. Gf didn't want to touch it lol. Definitely felt the weight when aiming compared to my little S&W 40.

I'm pretty sure a guy was shooting a gun like pictured above and good lord that thing was loud!

Hey guys what are your thoughts on the SIG 516 AR? I am looking at getting one. Also anyone use EOTech for the sights?

Hey guys what are your thoughts on the SIG 516 AR? I am looking at getting one. Also anyone use EOTech for the sights?

My father in law has one with an EOTech 512, no complaints what so ever, seems to be a pretty well sorted out piston AR.

Love mine. A good magnifier is needed but the reticle is awesome.