I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

Just went and picked up Smith and Wesson M&P Shield .40 subcompact on saturday. Going to be my CC gun I have with me most of the time. Got fingerprinted and Background checked on monday and got the call today that my CC Card is ready for pickup!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My AR arrives tomorrow. Purchased it for the pre-panic price on GunBroker. I could kick myself for not picking up a few extra mags while I was at it. And ammo for that matter.

AJGlobal - get the Colt m4 Magpul edition for $1,599 I told you about? that was the deal of the day today my friend!

thank god pro gun people are speaking out at the stupidity of some peoples comments.

I particularly loved it when David Gregory got investigated for bringing a hi cap mag to dc

http://news.msn.com/politics/dc-police-inv...-press-incident

Looking for a Colt 6920 or 6940 myself but havent been able to track one down at a reasonable price.

Also, what's everyone think of the Kal-Tec KSG 12? My LSG had 4 of them yesterday when I went in, thought it could be good for home defense!

Looking for a Colt 6920 or 6940 myself but havent been able to track one down at a reasonable price.

Also, what's everyone think of the Kal-Tec KSG 12? My LSG had 4 of them yesterday when I went in, thought it could be good for home defense!

I saw a 6920 at a gun show last week. Asking price....$5,000. Whew.

I have no personal experience with the KSG. But I want one bad. MSRP was like $800 and it would be great at that price. Panic buyers have it jacked up into the mid $2000 range as far as I have seen. Another cool shotgun similar to the KSG is the SRM 1216 semi auto shotgun. Check out FSPrussia's review video on it on YouTube. Really cool and same price as KSG.

I would love a KSG. Any clue what your LSG was offering them for?

I think they were $1700, but I didn't get a good look at the tag. Called a little while ago and they already sold them all. They are supposed to get more in soon though so I jumped on the waiting list.

Saw one on the store today that was listed as not for sale, but it had a price tag of $1,999. on it.

On a good note, my FS2000 came in. This thing is BAD ASS. The looks are subjective, but I like them. The overall balance of the gun is perfect, it's light, and the ergonomics are awesome. Depending on reliability, I'd take this think over an AR carbine any day. The barrel length is actually 17.5", but because the bullpup design, the gun is so short that it's basically a short barreled rifle. Nice and compact feeling. Not front heavy at all becuase the action is in the buttsock. The best news is there's no room for all the AR15 Magpul fags to buy them and ruin them by covering them in rails and mounting Magpul crap all over it. There is an aftermarket front rail that FN makes, but most that buy it dont' like it and say it messes up the balance of the gun and they put the "breadloaf" front grip back on.

AAA+++

post-5221-1357254894_thumb.jpg

I just picked up an AR 15. Put a sweet EO tech red dot on it and also the EO tech 3x magnifier that flips to the side when you hit the button. Bought about 20 30 round clips.

Not sure what I will use this for but it looks awesome.

2k for the KSG is really steep. Have to wait for them to come down. I have always loved the looks of the ps90 way more then the 2000 but it is growing on me. I willhave to take a look at one.

Duhawks...pics of the ar pronto!!! ;)

It is pretty sweet. The magnifier really helps when you are shooting at the range and if you are really close to the targets you just flip the silver switch and it flips to the side.

I dont know what I got a stranger look from my Fiancee for...... coming home with this, or telling her that I put twin turbos on the car :)

photo_1.JPG

photo_2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Sounds like she is a keeper if all she did was give you the stank eye! Gun looks sweet but don't let Castor see it all magpul'd out!! Do you like have the vertical grip that far back?

Haha yep. Did that all last month too. Gave her a ring and we bought a house. My toy fund has gone dry and need to build it back up!

I do like it there. It was really awkward to have it further up the gun. I am a horrible shot with a hand gun but this thing is a breeze to shoot accurate.

Gun looks sweet but don't let Castor see it all magpul'd out!! Do you like have the vertical grip that far back?

LOL. It's a cool gun. I just don't understand why everyone buys a 6 pound AR, then put 7 pounds of stuff on them.

I agree. The. Thing is really light but heavy as crap with all that stuff on it. Really the EO Tech red dot is all you need. I just have issues with getting carried away.

Duhawks, please remember your ammo goes in a magazine. A clip is literally a clip that holds the ammo to load your magazine - clip assists in loading ammo into the metal magazines primarily for military (the clip does not work with pmags).

Castor Troy - every firearm should have a light source and scope or red dot. In my eyes this is a must. Reason why AR's are so popular is because ammo, parts, etc are readily available.

If you are just going to the gun range and are not doing anything serious then just a red dot or scope is fine. You definitely want your firearm to be as light as possible and balanced (agreed). BUT their is no way I am going into any scenario without a light source (firefight can easily go into the night), red dot with magnifier (great option and proven), or something like a Leupold Mark 6 (which I like if I am not doing all CQB training), and if you have NV, etc then IR etc is paramount.

Duhawks set up is perfect (not overdone). His vertical grip does appear to be pretty close to magazine - If you like it that close you may just want to use the magazine as your vertical and then you have room for a good hand forward grip...best way to engage if you ask me.

Duhawks, please remember your ammo goes in a magazine. A clip is literally a clip that holds the ammo to load your magazine - clip assists in loading ammo into the metal magazines primarily for military (the clip does not work with pmags).

Castor Troy - every firearm should have a light source and scope or red dot. In my eyes this is a must. Reason why AR's are so popular is because ammo, parts, etc are readily available.

Duhawks set up is perfect (not overdone). His vertical grip does appear to be pretty close to magazine - If you like it that close you may just want to use the magazine as your vertical and then you have room for a good hand forward grip...best way to engage if you ask me.

Clip loads a magazine, magazine feeds a gun.

7327194a88ded23fcc1484c973a3435f.jpg

I am partial to acogs, have them on two rifles now and had them on a bunch in the past. The flip magnifier is cool but I would be worried about how it holds zero. With all that being said, I think BUIS (backup iron sights) are a must, batteries die and the Eotech would just get in the way at that point (another reason I like tritium) everyone learning to use long guns should learn on iron sights in my opinion. I agree his setup is almost perfect, I'd add iron sights (flip up ones for this application probably),

AJGlobal - get the Colt m4 Magpul edition for $1,599 I told you about? that was the deal of the day today my friend!

I have that exact model already but thanks for looking out. Appreciate the phone call. Bought before all this craziness from one of my employees that was moving back to San Fran A couple months ago.

Here is pic. Got it just as it sits with exception of scope/laser set up which I added. Have a quad rail coming and a ASAP swivel for the sling. flashlight will go on after quad rail is in.

image.jpg

image.jpg