I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! I have some for my 12 gauge but I wish they had gone with a smaller slug and packed a few more BBs in. I love the .410 with the discs and the BBs. No doubt whatever gets hit with that will not be getting back up.

My Dad was against guns his whole life, so i bought him a ruger .22 rifle today and he loves it. He caught the bug and now wants to buy more guns.

10/22 is not only a great entry level rifle/firearm, but a gun every enthusiast should own. So cheap, so reliable, and highly customizable...nice choice! I've got a 10/22 that is mostly stock right now, but starting to turn into a little project.

10/22 is not only a great entry level rifle/firearm, but a gun every enthusiast should own. So cheap, so reliable, and highly customizable...nice choice! I've got a 10/22 that is mostly stock right now, but starting to turn into a little project.

who didn't love shooting a 10/22 as a kid!

Saw one of these in the .338 lapua the other day..been drooling since

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/110BA

My dad has that exact gun. I got to shoot it for the first time a couple weeks ago. I have never shot a rifle with kind of power. It is unreal. You can certainly spend more for a better gun, but its a great gun for the price.

My dad has that exact gun. I got to shoot it for the first time a couple weeks ago. I have never shot a rifle with kind of power. It is unreal. You can certainly spend more for a better gun, but its a great gun for the price.

I read that it's the same gun that holds the record for the longest confirmed kill in Afghanashithole at 2700 yards!!

I can't even begin to imagine the drop compensation and wind factors that would have to be figured in.

A tip from RD-

BUY AMMO NOW....

Thank me later.

This have anything to do with the POTUS commiting the US to the UN talks on the weapons treaty? Or the taxes on ammo being shoved down our throats.

This have anything to do with the POTUS commiting the US to the UN talks on the weapons treaty? Or the taxes on ammo being shoved down our throats.

Nope.... Theres just going to be a run on it and its going to be scarce for a while....

Son of a....im surprised more ammo mfg's havent popped up. Not that i have any idea what it takes to get into that inudstry, but it just seems like there is ALWAYS a need for more ammo and the current supplier cannot keep up with demand....

I've been itching to pickup a new piece the last year or so, but prices have just been so high at my local show... AK's that normally used to go for 400 are now 800+.

I'd really like to pickup either a SIG 226 or a Glock 19 for carry/vehicle gun. And an AR project is also enticing.

A few months ago I took my girlfriend to the gun show here in Indy looking for a basic shotgun for her to get (for skeet). No one really had anything that wasn't setup solely for defense purposes. And the PRICES! Too damn high even if I were feeling generous.

Son of a....im surprised more ammo mfg's havent popped up. Not that i have any idea what it takes to get into that inudstry, but it just seems like there is ALWAYS a need for more ammo and the current supplier cannot keep up with demand....

I've been wondering this same thing myself. I need to research it because I'd be interested in getting into the business.

I've been wondering this same thing myself. I need to research it because I'd be interested in getting into the business.

Hell, if anything, it can make an expensive hobby that much cheaper.

Hell, if anything, it can make an expensive hobby that much cheaper.

I roll my own ammo... To do it for commercial purposes you have to have an 06 FFL manufacturing license (or an 07 for things that go BOOM instead of BANG).

Prices on there seem to be high from what I've been told/seen. Great inventory if they really have all that stuff on hand though...

:iamwithstupid: Been a while since Ive priced one but theyre charging about 2K more for an Uzi than Ive seen them...

BLK85 - I owned a 1911 Kimber and it is an excellent sidearm. I still have my Nighthawk Custom Predator II and it has been to hell and back and still is my favorite 1911. I personally feel that if you have all the firearms you need then the next step is to always move into suppressor and full auto weapons. Once you own a suppressor you will want one for everything you shoot!

I still need a few before Im to the point of buying suppressors. Right now I can think of only two, 1911 and AR15. Passed on a cheap AR last night so I can instead build exactly what I want.

:iamwithstupid: Been a while since Ive priced one but theyre charging about 2K more for an Uzi than Ive seen them...

Yep and the Mac11 I just saw at a local gun show for $2500 last weekend. They want 1300 more.

I'm a big 1911 fan. I bought a Springfield "loaded" model about 5 years ago and gave it to a local smith to do his magic. He replaced most of the guts and did some hand fitting. It runs like a champ and I'd put it up against some of the wilsons and nighthawks as far as trigger and smoothness of the action.

I roll my own ammo... To do it for commercial purposes you have to have an 06 FFL manufacturing license (or an 07 for things that go BOOM instead of BANG).

The fees to get the necessary paperwork, approvals etc. isn't the main cost I'm worried about. I need to find out how much the machines cost to make the ammunition and how many people it takes to run them. I'm not talking about selling a few thousand rounds. I want to sell millions of rounds/month.

The fees to get the necessary paperwork, approvals etc. isn't the main cost I'm worried about. I need to find out how much the machines cost to make the ammunition and how many people it takes to run them. I'm not talking about selling a few thousand rounds. I want to sell millions of rounds/month.

Thats a big deal... There are about a dozen steps in the commercial manufacturing process, and they each require a different machine. QC is a major issue and pretty labor intensive, but its vital, especially if you want to be competitive in the high end match grade market.... Face it... You can never compete in the low quality ammo market... Youre up against military surplus, often from countries you cant find on a map any more, and JUNK like wolf and white box...

To make the really great beyond match grade stuff is HARD... You are literally making it one round at a time. And there you're competing with the home loaders...

Its that middle ground in between where there may be room for growth....

!

My dad who is a gun fanatic like RD and Charlie just told me prices of Certain AR's are already selling $300 higher this week than last week.

Are guns the new gold?