I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

If Obama really follows through with an aggressive push for gun control while they're already dealing with the debt ceiling issue and the two controversial cabinet appointments he announced this week it should make for an interesting next couple of months.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gun sales are through the roof right now. It is crazy how fast they are selling guns.

Yep-the $825 Spikes I got for Christmas I hear is $1800-$2000+ now.

Most of those "old foagies" have smoked it themselves... Marijuana is illegal because organized crime wants it illegal and they lobby just as hard (and harder) than anybody....

Why do you say they want it illegal? The only reason I can think of is being illegal drives the prices higher, much like prohibition and dry counties did for the moonshiners. I don't smoke so I don't have 1st hand info, but friends in Denver that do have told me the prices have gone way down since they allowed the sale of medical marijuana years ago.

Yep-the $825 Spikes I got for Christmas I hear is $1800-$2000+ now.

Yeah no kidding. If you have any spare AR you could make a fortune right now!

Last I heard they were going for 5 to 6k. They were around 1200 to 1500 a year ago.

Why do you say they want it illegal? The only reason I can think of is being illegal drives the prices higher, much like prohibition and dry counties did for the moonshiners. I don't smoke so I don't have 1st hand info, but friends in Denver that do have told me the prices have gone way down since they allowed the sale of medical marijuana years ago.

Nobody is going to buy it unregulated off the street if you can walk into a legal government sponsored place and buy it for the same price. The dealers will have to start pushing other stuff or move on to a different line of work..

Nobody is going to buy it unregulated off the street if you can walk into a legal government sponsored place and buy it for the same price. The dealers will have to start pushing other stuff or move on to a different line of work..

Good ole human trafficking arms trafficking and prostitution will spike through the roof.

Gun sales are through the roof right now. It is crazy how fast they are selling guns.

2.3 Million sales in december.

A fool and his money are soon parted if you're paying 5k for a freaking AR... Black helos are coming, don your tin foil hats!

The AWB ban had prices that were doubled for prebans, that's it. And regardless, nothing is going to pass the GOP House...

A fool and his money are soon parted if you're paying 5k for a freaking AR... Black helos are coming, don your tin foil hats!

The AWB ban had prices that were doubled for prebans, that's it. And regardless, nothing is going to pass the GOP House...

:iamwithstupid:

And even if it somehow does, how long until it gets challenged in the SCOTUS?

Here in my state, we also have Cuomo to deal with.

Have you seen Feinstein's new proposed AWB?

I'd still be cautious. It is unlikely to pass the GOP House, but you never know.

:iamwithstupid:

And even if it somehow does, how long until it gets challenged in the SCOTUS?

What if they refuse to hear it? Also, there's always the chance they might rule it constitutional. I would hope that's unlikely as they ruled in Heller that "arms" are weapons in common use among the citizens, and that would include weapons like the AR-15 since it is so prevalent now, but would the justices know that at all? People also need to remember that some of the conservative justices might die along the way too due to old age at some point.

Here in my state, we also have Cuomo to deal with.

Have you seen Feinstein's new proposed AWB?

I'd still be cautious. It is unlikely to pass the GOP House, but you never know.

Maybe it is time for you to pack your bag's up and leave NY State, my wife and I did almost 17 years ago. A bit of advice Wheels, leave when you are still young so you do not grow old and die in NY. That advise goes to anyone living in one of those Government handout and support Blue States! Leave while you can get the Hell out.

The AWB ban had prices that were doubled for prebans, that's it.

Does anyone know what the deal is with "pre-bans"? It's certain states where they command a premium, right? I believe I have a preban AR, and I want to unload it.... but I live in AZ and this preban nonsense is beyond me.

Pre ban usually refers to flash hiders, bayonet lugs, and collapsible stocks. Problem is every state has different guidelines

As an aside, did anyone see what popped on eBay? AR15 Good Q&A too. I'd jump on it if I had the money.

People are just selling these things on eBay with no background checks now?! Where are the regulations!

Pre ban usually refers to flash hiders, bayonet lugs, and collapsible stocks. Problem is every state has different guidelines

Pre ban is not an accessory. It's a pre 94 gun. Has nothing to do with accessories.

Does anyone know what the deal is with "pre-bans"? It's certain states where they command a premium, right? I believe I have a preban AR, and I want to unload it.... but I live in AZ and this preban nonsense is beyond me.

Pre ban guns are guns that were manufactured pre 1994 (before the 1994 Assault Weapon Ban). The only people looking for prebans are certain collectors (looking for swiss cheese Vietnam era models) and those who live in States where the dictator leaders decided the 1994 Assault Weapon ban does not sunset and no evil features are allowed ever again (New York is one I think), thus if they want evil features now, such as a flash hider, they have to buy a "pre ban".

There was not many AR15 makers back then. Colt was the big one, Armalite, Bushmaster and Olympic Arms. Those were the big 4. Preban AR's usually said "Sporter" and "Goverment carbine", Tactical Carbine" and such on the side of the mag well. Some are popular with collectors and fetch a premium. I don't live in a pre ban State, but would still like one, just for nostalgia sake.

Post a pic of the left side of the receiver and you can pretty much tell if it's preban or not. Colt quit making ARs after the ban, and all the other makers neutered them, so if it's preban, it will have evil features, and look old.

EDIT: Not sure how "the" was edited to be "Swiss Cheese". LOL. Anyway..

The $5,000 ones I saw were the rare green box prebans. Not your average Joe Schmoe Bushmaster decked out in Magpul gear and 30 feet of rail bolted to it for them to stare at as they play Call of Duty all day till mom calls them up from the basement to eat dinner.

Would I pay $5,000 for an off the rack modern AR15? Hell no. Would I pay $5,000 for a green box? That's a stiff price, but I would think about it if t came with the original box.

So what exactly is the deal with purchasing AR15s in CT? From what I can tell in the legislative definition, they are illegal.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/current/pub/Chap943.htm#Sec53-202a.htm

No telescoping action on the Stock. It's pinned in the open position, no threaded barrel and detachable 10 round Mag = Winning ( for now )