So I saw the SLS and the Tramontana @ CEC

Allan-Herbie

Don't judge the SLS by that one, it's the wrong color, and has fugly wheels... It's still a hell of a lot better than that Tramontana POS though. $850K for THAT thing??? :shocked:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my neighbors has had one for a couple of months (the silver one that's been used by cigarette). It's really disappointing in person (at least for me). For once I'd have to say I'd take the SLR. They could have at least made it look as good as the Black SL.

From those pics, not feeling the SLS at all but it probably is quite a nice car to cruise around and have a little fun now & then.

The Tramontana --- speechless. Are those Dymag wheels?

It's not trying to be an slr, that's why it's half price. I think it is going to be a killer DD, especially in chrome.

I think it is important to step back and understand it's purpose, it's no Enzo, it's the James Dean DD.

Probably be a great car, but I wouldn't buy one simply because I think it's looks are mediocre. Give me the performance of the SLS in the SL65 BS and I'm sold. Also sell it to me for $150K.

I get that its cheaper than the SLR, and that makes sense, but honestly I don't get what this car does, they already have the SL for this slot.

I have yet to see one on the road, but at the autoshow next to the SLR, it just had nothing on the SLR. it was the same story with the 65BS. Though I think the 65BS looks better.

How much does it cost compared to a 997TT?

I have yet to see one on the road, but at the autoshow next to the SLR, it just had nothing on the SLR. it was the same story with the 65BS. Though I think the 65BS looks better.

How much does it cost compared to a 997TT?

$132,800 coupe - $143,800 cabrio 997 tt 2010 base price.

SLS, rumored $ 183,000 base price.

I am in the minority here perhaps, but I think the SLS looks very sleek. With nicer wheels, I'd still take it in black, although white must be a killer color.

$132,800 coupe - $143,800 cabrio 997 tt 2010 base price.

SLS, rumored $ 183,000 base price.

looks like the 997TT is the better buy, no?

The SLS to me is a mix of a BMW Z8 and older MB 300SL. I'm sure it's fast and fun, but underwhelming in those pictures.

:iamwithstupid:

As soon as I saw it the first thing that came to mind was Z8. The entire front end is Z4 BMW all day long. Fugly IMO

How could you not love this..

(pics)

The main reason the SLS isn't attractive, to me at least, is that it looks a bit of a porker. When the photographer is crouching over like they're trying to give head to a prone eunach, you're not going to get the same impression you do when viewing it from a normal angle.

for the money i would go with another brand, the way MB drops price on new cars would this be at 100k in 2 years ?

Do you think the SLS could grow on you?

So many of the most sought after cars dont grab you from the first viewing.

when a car has to grow on you, then you really don't like it. the cars that you really love make you weak in the knees the moment you lay eyes on them.

I asked my friends this question - "Would you take a 458 or an SLS?"

It's divided. Sure, totally different cars - but just to prove a point where I think Ferrari has gone.

Me personally, I think the SLS is a beautiful car, and will just continue to grow on me.

for the money i would go with another brand, the way MB drops price on new cars would this be at 100k in 2 years ?

I don't think it will be that bad, MB is only selling 400 units in the US per year. At 183K(205 loaded) MB has priced this car right. Also, this is a halo car for AMG, don't think they will be flooding the market, whoring it out to pay the bills..... that will happen to the new SL series coming out next year, which is built on the same platform.

when a car has to grow on you, then you really don't like it. the cars that you really love make you weak in the knees the moment you lay eyes on them.

Not true

There are plenty cars that require some getting used to. I started a thread about that topic a while back and most members had experienced this

Not true

There are plenty cars that require some getting used to. I started a thread about that topic a while back and most members had experienced this

:iamwithstupid:

Not true

The SLR especially. The 458 I am sure will be one that grows on people even though it is ugly as dog $hit.

Guest SP-superJay

Allan, I love your pictures...but......BUY A CAMERA!!! My eyes are burning with all the diffusion!

Allan, I love your pictures...but......BUY A CAMERA!!! My eyes are burning with all the diffusion!

Im POOOOOORRRRR