My G fire

norcal2

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, makes me nervous putting my car right in the garage after driving.....

Thanks everyone, and yes, I will NEVER put a car away right after driving again....i may even install sprinklers in the garage as this scared the heck out of me...

Lucky escape.

Thank you so much for the posting, I'm adding a fire alarm to the garage refit spec. Negligible cost. The post has really made me think, despite fireproof drywall on the ceiling, with everything else in the garage it would all go up like a bomb if a similar thing happend to a car in the garage.

Best of luck with the insurance claim !

Esp. for some of you guys who have race fuel in their garages - a fire system of some kind just makes sense in the garage. In-car - not sure. Maybe a button on the dash like in race cars that you can hit "if" you want to - otherwise, let her burn!

I'm glad your okay, let us know what caused it, I'm betting electrical. I have a friend that had an airplane catch fire after shutdown recently, ended up being a wiring short if it had happened in the

air he'd be dead.

You're damn lucky, I'd say !! Thank your lucky stars. A large home in my area completely burned to the ground a few weeks ago in the middle of the night; could have been tragic but, it was unoccupied (vacation) at the time.

wow, makes me nervous putting my car right in the garage after driving.....

Just pulled mine outside. Nervous nellie here :icon_mrgreen:

Glad nobody was hurt.

Bummer, can't believe you put that out with a garden hose, you are a brave man. Good luck with the insurance co, hoping they total it for you.

Esp. for some of you guys who have race fuel in their garages - a fire system of some kind just makes sense in the garage. In-car - not sure. Maybe a button on the dash like in race cars that you can hit "if" you want to - otherwise, let her burn!

:iamwithstupid:

That really sucks, but glad you're ok. Did you confirm that it was a blown oil cooler line that caused the fire?

No i havent confirmed it yet, its being towed out today to Copart, and they will do an investigation, Ill post as I find out new information, and I think there is enough damage to total it. I feel the insurance nightmare is only just beginning.

Glad you are ok man!!! Jesus, that is crazy! I have never seen that happen before. Thank God you are ok. As advised before, let it burn. Not just for the insurance money, but if the fucker blew up it could take you with it and we cannot replace you!

Thanks everyone, and yes, I will NEVER put a car away right after driving again....i may even install sprinklers in the garage as this scared the heck out of me...

yicks..glad you are ok...defintely have sprinklers installed in the garage. We have two sprinklers in the garage as the water heater (gas driven) is also in the garage.

> have two sprinklers in the garage as the water heater (gas driven) is also in the garage.

Same here: gas-powered water heater and two sprinkler heads

in the garage. Plus my living room right above it. Though... I'm

left wondering how effective the sprinklers would be in case of

up to 30 gallons of fuel and various oils fueling a fire... I mean

just look at what a full tank did in the Trofeo crash at Brno...

But hey... catalytic converters that can reach 900 C or 1,650 F,

and roughly a megawatt of thermal power which has to be dis-

sipated somehow... well... that's not an easy challenge... :-)

Glad you are ok man!!! Jesus, that is crazy! I have never seen that happen before. Thank God you are ok. As advised before, let it burn. Not just for the insurance money, but if the fucker blew up it could take you with it and we cannot replace you!

easy to say..but i think when i see my car up in flames..first thing i would think of is "oh shoot..put the fire out!" i wouldn't think of insurance until its all over..maybe its just me..but when i see a fire..i always think of putting it out..

and very glad you are not hurt or is anyone in the family.. :icon_thumleft: sucks to hear about the car.

Man, glad you are okay. Anxious to hear what failed. I will get my car checked out once we know. Seems like there are enough youtube videos of Gallardo fires to question a manufacturer defect of some sort.

Jeez...That would have been horrible if you did park the car in the garage!

I know it sucks but consider yourself lucky, your car had insurance and caught fire outside the house while no one in it.

did you start this fire?