From Paris Motor Show - New Lambo Concept Car

a007apl

Fugly car, sadly it looks like the 83x will have the same headlights....

Jim, did you ever try to buy ferraris millechili??

That wasn't a functioning car. I assume this is. I like this a lot better.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's with all the grey colored Lambo's being debuted in the last few years?

I think the Cesto would look much better in a radical color like Verde Ithica or Orancio Borealis.

It looks bad in bare carbon with red. The lines are too sharp to have a subtle color on it.

I like it and am interested in buying it. Perfect for running the Targa Florio.

I remember that you were interested in buying an orange Diablo GT some time ago. Did you get it?

this car looks pretty good. Much better than the rendition and most certainly it should look even better with non studio pictures. Looking at the murcie replacement mule going around, one cant help but think the side styling element of the sesto elemento will work its way to the murcie replacement. The big vents on the side along with the mirrors... Light weight suspension arms and forged carbon are all very trick and would be interesting how these things maybe would extend out the product cycle of the gallardo line...

looking more in details and compairing it to the Jota , you can see alot of "simularities" . Looking at the nose off the Jota and the Cesto makes me think it will get the "same" front .

I think this car would be the "tester" that Lamborghini is throwing out to the public to gauge reaction on the possible styling elements on the murcie replacement.

Just terrible :(. Way, way too much shit going on. The rear almost looks comical. Too high and too short too.

But 1000kg and 500+ hp is super exciting. If they could make those specs work on a car that looked good, it would be amazing.

I'm a fan of the Reventon styling direction. I like the diamond-like facets, the angles, etc.

Not to this extreme, but again, this is a concept car which has to be over the top to register on the radar.

Would much rather have a Lambo be ugly than boring. Which was the exact criticism that the last concept car got, the Estoque. Some marques always need to be out there on that styling edge, with half the public loving it, and half the public hating it. Lambo is one of those marques.

We'll see what develops. As Ken said, many of the less extreme styling cues will show up on the Murcie-replacement. I don't believe however that this concept serves as any sort of public taste-test for a styling direction for the Murcie. That design is already in the can, finished, and will start being shown to people in less than a month. There's just no time to make major revisions that are somehow a response to this Gallardo technology showcase.

One interesting note is that this Hot Wheels design would look a lot better on the Murcie's longer, lower, wheelbase. Stretched out a bit.

Is that the exhaust coming out from under the rear wing?

What an over the top design. So many little details that I love. And everytime I look at it again, I see something new I didn't see before. Simply awesome.

Just terrible :(. Way, way too much shit going on. The rear almost looks comical. Too high and too short too.

But 1000kg and 500+ hp is super exciting. If they could make those specs work on a car that looked good, it would be amazing.

All of which could be said for your Zonda if one just looked at some pics and has never seen one in person.

Let's see it real life before we throw the baby out with the bathwater. It's just a concept.

I am prefer The old and good times art of lamborghini design :)

Ferruccio Lamborghini said:

"Lamborghini is not a car factory , it's the car's boutique..."

I like it....a lot.

Its a concept car so its going to be more extreme than any production version.

But what you need to pay attention to is the "forged carbon fiber" and the partnership with Boeing. This is why Audi has kept them around. This method of making carbon fiber is a revolutionary process and will totally change the way sports cars are built. Take the time and read the details.

IT'S A CONCEPT CAR! It doesn't need any of those.

Murcielago replacement is a completely different car.

Yes it is a concept car. However, it would be contrary to what Lamborghini says that it achieved its targeted weight savings from just the liberal use of carbon fiber. If you delete out alot of those safety and comfort equipment, the weight savings are huge. For example an air bag, 5-10lbs. ac unit 20 lbs with all the ducting. Lamborghini bascially took out these equipment to help achieve the target weight it set. As with any sport compact car, take out those components and it can easily be a 2300lb or less car...

Notice that even with the carbon tub and many weight saving they are going to use on the Murcie replacment which is roughly around 1560 kg, that is still heavy. No doubt from all the safety equipment that is tagged on...

Looked better in 007's pics than the renders, and now the video in HD looks better than the pics.

It's growing on me, but it still looks a bit short/tall.