Things that make you say DAMN!

88 1/2 QV

You spent over 19 mins of your life recording a moose eating leaves? How boring is Finland and is this something that really "makes you say damn?"

In all seriousness, nature stuff is awesome.

:D It did not make me say anything as can be witnessed from video. ;P I did not want to scare it away.

These are 500-800Kg wild animals (Alces Alces), close to 3 meter in height, female because it has no big horns. Standing only 5-7 meters from it was interesting.

I had seen this animal once before when it came very close to our car one week before.

Our family friend has retarded brother who -I heard- for some reasons likes very much elks, so wanted to video this for that person. I don't know him but if it makes his day, then how awesome is that!

But I go to our summer house almost daily nowadays and enjoy few moments of calm.

For all my life so far I have partied all over the world and been very socialite, etc but after I turned 30 I started to find much happiness from occasional solitude and getting close to some animals etc. I quess apple did not drop to far from tree, because my father has always been going to our another cottage and I did not get that at all when I was teenager or 20-something.

If you really want to know how boring Finland is, then I have great news! How about awesome photos of big Limax Cinereoniger snails having sex. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sold my house in just a few hours over ask. Damn!

• 2 weeks later...
This Camaro ZL1’s Airbags Deploy Due To The Sheer Volume Of Its Exhaust: Video

Aaron Birch— May 2, 2017

How will this affect my car’s safety systems? is probably not a question that the average gearhead ponders while plotting out their next vehicle mod, but if we are to learn anything from the video above, it’s that this is definitely worthy of consideration.

YouTuber “GuitarmageddonZL1” just installed a pair of electronic exhaust diverters on his Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, which allow the exhaust gases from the car’s 650-horsepower, 6.2-liter LT4 to be diverted away from the mufflers at the push of a button. It’s a fairly simple modification, requiring just a couple of quick cuts on the factory exhaust system and some basic wiring, which allows the driver to open up the exhaust each time he feels he hasn’t been quite loud enough.

GuitarmageddonZL1’s install went smoothly, and the system functioned exactly as advertised. That is, right up until the exhaust got so monstrously loud during some spirited driving that it triggered the side-airbag sensors, causing them to deploy without warning while the ZL1 was traveling at a brisk 140 miles per hour. The look on his face is priceless.

At the end, the YouTuber and his mechanic conclude that one or both side-airbag sensors were tripped because of their proximity to the diverter outlets. We can’t imagine a worse car to experience this in, as the Camaro‘s notoriously bad rear visibility, coupled with the obstruction of the side windows, mean that the driver was essentially flying blind.

On the other hand, that just sort of makes it funnier.

• 2 weeks later...
That was crazy! That guy ate at least 6 bullets.

That is what is crazy. People seem to think that it is like the movies, one shot and they drop. It doesn't often work like that. You can see why he kept firing, the guy not only ran away, but never dropped the gun. He is lucky the guy didn't fire back.

That is what is crazy. People seem to think that it is like the movies, one shot and they drop. It doesn't often work like that. You can see why he kept firing, the guy not only ran away, but never dropped the gun. He is lucky the guy didn't fire back.

He tried to fire back for sure, looks like a round went into the wall, about the time he had already received 3 or 4.

You can see the round in the left side of his back that finished the job, guy drops like you pulled his plug. :icon_thumleft:

• 2 weeks later...
Congrats, did you underprice it?

Probably a bit. But I needed a quick sale since I was rolling over the equity into the purchase of a new house. I closed on both of them Friday! I love the new place.

Damn that NASCAR crash was scary!! :shock:

That is why NASCAR is different from most other sports when it comes to ticket prices, the closer you sit the cheaper the tickets.

I wonder if NASCAR offered replacement pants to fans in the 1st 10 rows.

Probably a bit. But I needed a quick sale since I was rolling over the equity into the purchase of a new house. I closed on both of them Friday! I love the new place.

That's fantastic, congrats 👍

• 3 weeks later...