Things that make you say DAMN!

88 1/2 QV

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did that car have a fire-suppression system? Sure didn't look like it. And man-o-live to hit like that and still have the wherewithal to get out as fast as he did, that's impressive.

Granted, i still can't understand how he hit that car. There wasn't anyone to his immediate left or right that i could tell, and he saw it far enough out to lock up the brakes. Glad he was ok, wonder about the other driver.

He had .001 seconds to decide whether to go wide or cut left, and he chose wrong.

Go back and watch the video again, he did turn, the car didn't respond therefore leaving him skidding into the other car.

Go back and watch the video again, he did turn, the car didn't respond therefore leaving him skidding into the other car.

I don't think this driver could have seen this happen, there was a slight bend with on the left and right side you had cars driving so it blocked the middle view and then after the bend there is a car in the middle of the road and you can't stop...

It's crazy how fast that thing was on fire.

That's my point. He fought the natural momentum of the car when exiting a left turn, instead of using it to his advantage. He tried to go more even more left, instead of drifting wide (right).

That's my point. He fought the natural momentum of the car when exiting a left turn, instead of using it to his advantage. He tried to go more even more left, instead of drifting wide (right).

Its pretty easy to critique a thousandth of a second decision when sitting in a chair in front of your computer...

Its pretty easy to critique a thousandth of a second decision when sitting in a chair in front of your computer...

Yeah originally I had a part in my post about armchair internet racers having the benefit of hindsight... but figured it went without saying. Guess not. You win!

:shock:

A friend sent this to me a while ago... very impressive indeed. Deserves acknowledgement and a slight bump :)

No shit Sherlock. I thought that went without saying, apparently not.