18 y/o on L4P bought new car

PCow

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was going to jump in here, but it looks like Chaos has it covered....

Just a question to provoke someone else not you.

It's the internet's, if stupidity is what offends you might just rip the DSL line out of the wall and just start reading the paper.

I think you can learn a lot from your dog

Your M3 is the slowest car you own? What kind of fcuking mods are in the ML?! :icon_mrgreen:

ROMNS ML is a BEAST baby.... :lol2:

006-2.jpg

Speaking of schooling at 18, arrh I forgot all my shxt now..

What's Calculus 1, 2 or AP?

Did we do Calculus, Organic Chemistry,Fluid mechanics and Thermodynamics in High school?

For the last few years I have only been using Matrix and Laplas Transform( First/second year Uni?)which I will need a text book to fully understand it.

BTW, I don't know the math skill of an average person on the street, but America do have the most and best Mathematicians, Scientists and Engineers in the world according to one of my Professors.

It was Laplace Transforms when I was a lad...

Not grammer policing, just wondering if you've invented a whole new branch of maths ?!

12 pages and I have no clue what the fcuk we are discussing here :eusa_think:

No kidding, I should have picked up a program on the way in.

No kidding, I should have picked up a program on the way in.

Welcome to Lambo-Power.com!

Welcome to Lambo-Power.com!

Hahahaha. You'd think I'd learn after 750+ posts, huh? That's what I get for not checking in on weekends.

Not grammer policing, just wondering if you've invented a whole new branch of maths ?!

Damn, Laplace.....poor you. :icon_mrgreen:

I'm still trying to get past "fuckwittery"

I now have a classy sounding version of fcuk in my vocabulary. Gold medal goes to the Brits for the best and most original use of profanity.

Yeh Laplace, Now you see my poor math skills, I couldn't even spell it after 4 years of using it.

I'm still trying to get past "fuckwittery"

I've just managed to use this in a heated business conversation with a crappy supplier. When put in the phrase;

"...... the fuckwittery displayed by your minions of questionable competence..."

It has the desired affect of putting a rocket up their arse, and clarifying the fact that I currently propose to file their invoice in the circular filing cabinet.

I've just managed to use this in a heated business conversation with a crappy supplier. When put in the phrase;

"...... the fuckwittery displayed by your minions of questionable competence..."

I am going to do my best to use this phrase sometime soon as well, and in the identical situation! You've motivated me deekss. And I thank you.

• 1 month later...

Is this thread still about Carter? You can confirm this whole story as true through speedracer38, though I am not sure they are friends anymore.

A good friend of mine that is no longer with us had an F40 when he was 18.

Is this thread still about Carter? You can confirm this whole story as true through speedracer38, though I am not sure they are friends anymore.

A good friend of mine that is no longer with us had an F40 when he was 18.

Didnt that friend inherit that money through the passing of his mother? And if it is that guy, his story about going in and buying the F40 when he was 18 is one of the best car buying stories ive ever heard.....

Thread was not 'about' anyone. The initial post cited him as a reference and a few jackwagons decided to be Mr.StickUpForSomeoneNotInPeril and turned it into that. However, make of it what you want.

Best

here's the F40 story:

I got an inheritance when I was 18 and I invested some of it and blew some of it. I will tell the story when I bought my F-40 it was 1993 and it was the day of the Newport fires, we went to Newport Ferrari and the did not have a F-40 so we drove to Beverly Hills Ferrari and pulled in to the hotel next door. I walked in with long hair a Grateful Dead tye-dyed shirt torn jeans and Birkenstocks, you know your average Ferrari buyer. There it was on the showroom floor with ropes and a "DO NOT TOUCH" sign on it, so I moved the ropes and tossed the sign and open the door and sat in it, just then as you could imagine a not so nice salesman came out and asked me what the hell I was doing to which I answered " I want to buy this car" he laughed and proceeded to tell me this was a "Half a million dollar car" I told him "No S*#%!, go get the manager" This guy comes out of the office and in a prickish manner says "May I help you?" and I said "How much out the door?" he told me like "478,???.01" The penny I remember because I reached into my pocket and handed him the penny and said "Don't sell this car for 30 minutes while I go get a cashiers check" to which he agreed with a scoff. So I haul ass to my bank First Innermistake on Wilshire a couple blocks away and I get the cashiers check and return in 20 or so minutes. I hand him the cashiers check which he took and went to his office, I followed and he called the bank to make sure that it was real, to which my banker replied "Do you know who that is???? He could buy your whole store!" You should have seen the look on that pricks face look up from the phone and look at me and said "Sir, I, I am so sorry! I didn't know Uh, Uh," he runs out to the show room floor and proceeds to yell "Get these Fuc***g cars moved" referring to the rest of the cars on the showroom floor. This is when the service department was in the back there not down the street. Boy you should have seen them tripping over their own dicks at that point!!! It was the funniest thing I had seen. The manager asked if I wanted anything to which I replied in front of the first guy who did not help me and said "Yeah, as a matter fact I do. I want HIM fired!" and pointed to the prick who did not help me. You should have seen the look on his face, because the guy was going to do it! He really was. After about a minute of the guy trying to say everything under the sun, I looked at him and said "I was just kidding, you did not like that did you? Hope you learned a lesson, now get my car ready I want to leave." I signed the paperwork and drove off into the sunset back to Rolling Hills where I lived. And yes I ran that thing through its paces the whole way home. They still have not forgotten that at BH Ferrari, I was there recently and asked them their strangest sales story, to which the guy replied "This kid came in here looking like a Hippie and bought an F-40 CASH........." To which I replied "So how did you treat him?" "Well..."The guy said. I said "I know how you treated him, cuz you’re looking at him!" We laughed a little and talked, but still I don't think they learned a thing!

i think alot of Ferrari showrooms are the same..i had a friend who was wearing shorts and shirt into the Ferrari showroom..he went there in his company van..he walked around the showroom for awhile and nobody came to serve him..until he got into the seat of a Maserati..they started to ask him questions and giving him a bad attitude..so he came out and said "i'll take this car".

salesman face must be stunned. took delivery of the car and sold it months later..lol

Yeah cool story but the guy is a tool if he thinks he can throw down the ropes and sign and just enter the car.

I'd be pissed off as well, just imagine if he wasn't a buyer and just a lunactic messing up your 500k car. If you have some dignity you stay polite and ask for it.

Agreed. Being the salesman for high end cars is not easy. Can you imagine the pretenders. That sales guy has a job that feeds his family and if you do not believe that is his only motivation you are wrong. I don't care how much money one has, it does not induce class. If I was the manager I would have sold him the car over sticker and would have been 'booked' when he needed service work. Period.

Best

Agreed. Being the salesman for high end cars is not easy. Can you imagine the pretenders. That sales guy has a job that feeds his family and if you do not believe that is his only motivation you are wrong. I don't care how much money one has, it does not induce class. If I was the manager I would have sold him the car over sticker and would have been 'booked' when he needed service work. Period.

Best

Missed the part with the ropes, yikes.

It kind of reminds me of the movie Exit Wounds though when he (DMX) goes in to buy the Lamborghini Diablo, except without the theatrics..