18 y/o on L4P bought new car

PCow

I knew this was coming. :lol2:

If you had your way he wouldnt have made it through last night. I will probably at some point lift my quarter of a millennium ban on him.... If for no other reason than you can take a crack at him if he screws up again (Im hoping he wont... He seems like a decent kid and I really thought we had reached an accord.... )

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome, would love to hear your thoughts on Zonda

I think this line kills it:

what was B) and C) :icon_mrgreen:

The Zonda is an amazing car the main factors of selling the Zonda Cinque Roadster, was mainly due to the fact that the car was simply just too hard to drive. The car is lower than a Carrera GT and everything on it is from Carbon Fiber - Carbo Titanium inlaced Fiber. The other issues were that of not have a rear window and the possibility of a lift kit was not an option as well as a skid plate. Overall we opted out and sold the car at auction. This is when we decided hey may as well get the Zonda R. After a month of ordering the Zonda R I soon realized that i will easily kill myself out on the track with this car and that this car is going to be quite the handful. Another issue was that there are no readily available parts for this car so if I do end up in a ditch well thats up to 6 months for new parts to arrive. That won't be much fun will it? So we are selling the Zonda R for three hyper exotic vehicles. I have sold the 430 Scuderia for the Super Trofeo due to first of all loving Ferrari's but buying a 430 challenge car let a lone a 458 Challenge car would be well more or less idiotic due to the 430 Scuderia being a street legal Challenge car to begin with. I will be considering the 458 GT2 spec car for FIA racing although in the future. The Porsche RSR Cup Car was something else on my mind but I am not very good at SMG so I will be going through quite a few clutches, transmissions, and gearboxes. I would rather have a car that I was familiar with as well. I had owned a Superleggera in the past so getting into the Super Trofeo will not be a drastic change from the norm.

I personally don't see anything wrong with this. It's always those who never had the opportunity/envy that makes such ridiculous comments about how his/her parents have bad parenting skills or that the driver are too young.

There are other things that make parents bad, apart from purchasing luxury goods for their kids.

The Zonda is an amazing car the main factors of selling the Zonda Cinque Roadster, was mainly due to the fact that the car was simply just too hard to drive. The car is lower than a Carrera GT and everything on it is from Carbon Fiber - Carbo Titanium inlaced Fiber. The other issues were that of not have a rear window and the possibility of a lift kit was not an option as well as a skid plate. Overall we opted out and sold the car at auction. This is when we decided hey may as well get the Zonda R. After a month of ordering the Zonda R I soon realized that i will easily kill myself out on the track with this car and that this car is going to be quite the handful. Another issue was that there are no readily available parts for this car so if I do end up in a ditch well thats up to 6 months for new parts to arrive. That won't be much fun will it? So we are selling the Zonda R for three hyper exotic vehicles. I have sold the 430 Scuderia for the Super Trofeo due to first of all loving Ferrari's but buying a 430 challenge car let a lone a 458 Challenge car would be well more or less idiotic due to the 430 Scuderia being a street legal Challenge car to begin with. I will be considering the 458 GT2 spec car for FIA racing although in the future. The Porsche RSR Cup Car was something else on my mind but I am not very good at SMG so I will be going through quite a few clutches, transmissions, and gearboxes. I would rather have a car that I was familiar with as well. I had owned a Superleggera in the past so getting into the Super Trofeo will not be a drastic change from the norm.

Thanks for your reply, sounds like you know your cars, you will have a blast here!

I know 18 year olds that are more mature then 40 year olds.

:iamwithstupid:

I know a couple of 15 year olds and a 14 year old who are more mature than some 40 year olds... And they can out drive most of them too! They've all raced since they were 5 and are moving well up the ladder.

It's not the age of the kid, it's the maturity and the experience. Not all kids do stupid shit and give in to peer pressure.

Welcome Ghost, sounds like you've got some nice toys.

Reading your post about how you feel about these hyper cars are hurting me man, I'm still focusing on hunting down a Heavily mod AE86.

By any chance you heard of it? LOL.

I'm so Jealoused and Hating Haha. And Please don't tell me you're Chinese!

After a month of ordering the Zonda R I soon realized that i will easily kill myself out on the track with this car and that this car is going to be quite the handful.

Mr. Ghost,

you sound like an intelligent YOUNG man. if you really want to race cars or participate in track days, from a safety standpoint i would recommend 2 things.

1. a driving and racing school. both are VERY fun especially Skip Barber's Racing school. plus you get to drive at some great tracks like Laguna Seca.

2. if you want to race or do track days as safely as possible, the purchase of a RACE car would be prudent. Roll cages, etc. can safe your life.

additionally, food for thought, some people like cars and for them, cars are fun... for others, cars are just transportation..

Generally, cars come and go in our lives and yes, they can give great enjoyment but at the end of the day, unless they are very special cars, they are depreciating assets that don't, in any way, change WHO you are. i would rather be remembered as a good person than a guy with some cool cars. Hopefully, you'll be both.

welcome and congrats !!

Mr. Ghost,

you sound like an intelligent YOUNG man. if you really want to race cars or participate in track days, from a safety standpoint i would recommend 2 things.

1. a driving and racing school. both are VERY fun especially Skip Barber's Racing school. plus you get to drive at some great tracks like Laguna Seca.

2. if you want to race or do track days as safely as possible, the purchase of a RACE car would be prudent. Roll cages, etc. can safe your life.

Roll cages DO save lives. And racing school(s) help a ton. There's tons around, esp. if you're out in Cali.

Mr. Ghost,

additionally, food for thought, some people like cars and for them, cars are fun... for others, car are just transportation..

Generally, cars come and go in our lives and yes, they can give great enjoyment but at the end of the day, unless they are very special cars, they are depreciating assets that don't, in any way, change WHO you are. i would rather be remembered as a good person than a guy with some cool cars. Hopefully, you'll be both.

welcome and congrats !!

yes i do know about the racing schools and that is why i am buying a super trofeo. It already has all the roll cages pre installed as well as some other safety equipment.

yes i do know about the racing schools and that is why i am buying a super trofeo. It already has all the roll cages pre installed as well as some other safety equipment.

racing schools are VERY fun. generally, like minded, fun people.. i think every young person should do performance driving schools and for those who like to go FAST, racing schools are perfect. they are very educational and worthwhile, because at the end of the day, it's all about car control.

racing go karts are a blast as well. a bunch of friends and i all have the same race go karts. blasting around at speed 1/2" off the track is total fun.

and for THE Most Fun, i must say motorcycle track days are kick ass. high speed balanced with some risk and dragging your knee creates extreme positive sensations..!!

i forgot to mention one thing and i am sure that your family tries to "teach" you about this. life is about balance. cars can be GREAT fun but cars should only be one segment in your life. many guys/gals here have tons of OTHER cool things that they do. stuff that they can be proud of, stuff that can make a difference in someone else' life.

Welcome Ghost! I also know many young drivers that are very good too. Age isnt always a sign of bad drivers, but most times it is. If I ever have kids they will be started young with karts or something.

and for THE Most Fun, i must say motorcycle track days are kick ass. high speed balanced with some risk and dragging your knee creates extreme positive sensations..!!

Hope to do my first motorcycle track day/School next spring. I cant wait. :icon_thumleft:

racing schools are VERY fun. generally, like minded, fun people.. i think every young person should do performance driving schools and for those who like to go FAST, racing schools are perfect. they are very educational and worthwhile, because at the end of the day, it's all about car control.

racing go karts are a blast as well. a bunch of friends and i all have the same race go karts. blasting around at speed 1/2" off the track is total fun.

i forgot to mention one thing and i am sure that your family tries to "teach" you about this. life is about balance. cars can be GREAT fun but cars should only be one segment in your life. many guys/gals here have tons of OTHER cool things that they do. stuff that they can be proud of, stuff that can make a difference in someone else' life.

I agree here, the racing class I took was phenomenal. I'm going to go back to do the full school, my car isn't all that decent when compared to what's around, but the techniques they teach you are easily ported. Up here they also have ice driving schools on the lake, I plan to try that one day too.

I know 18 year olds that are more mature then 40 year olds.

My son and I just almost got run over by one of those 40 year olds while we were walking to school.

Roll cages DO save lives. And racing school(s) help a ton. There's tons around, esp. if you're out in Cali.

Only if you want to always have to wear a helmet when you drive.

Guest Rob Burgundy

Ghost,I remember Nick who was head sales guy at Lamborghini Las Vegas a few years back telling me about a 16-18 year old,I can't remember exactly ,that was waiting to take delivery of a Reventon that he had purchashed and his brother of a similar age already had a LP640. That wouldn't happen to be you as well would it?

Ghost,I remember Nick who was head sales guy at Lamborghini Las Vegas a few years back telling me about a 16-18 year old,I can't remember exactly ,that was waiting to take delivery of a Reventon that he had purchashed and his brother of a similar age already had a LP640. That wouldn't happen to be you as well would it?

[/

Probably not, but i have relatives who owned a reventon as well as many hyper exotics at the same time.

This thread is still WORTHLESS without pics. :eusa_think:

This thread was never about pics tp begin with. I chimed in when there was this whole issue of younger drivers and then subsequently the topic had changed to me