Lotto

thecyrax

Correct, same odds no matter what.

That said if it's a big pot I will throw 500 bucks at it to at least have a fistful of tickets. I went to a hockey game in September and bought twenty 50/50 tickets as I usually do. The jackpot was $72,000 that night and I ended up winning so I went home with $36,000. Better than a kick to the nuts.

My Dad won a house a few years ago worth around 1MM. He just sold it and called it a day.

What the fcuk! Only a couple years later and I've doubled my spending. That's messed.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

powerball is $500,000,000 in FL right now-buying $50 or $60 tomorrow for shits and giggles.

I bought a few. Ill probably buy some more tomorrow. What the hell. As long as you keep it small enough its a non issue. I never play until it hits the news, I would never pay attention other wise.

I picked up $20 worth (10 tickets) today for fun as well. Regardless of the one in 178-million odds ( :lol2: ), its not everyday you have the chance to win half a BILLION dollars for a mere $2 ticket. People are going to be buying tickets like crazy tomorrow.

We don't get Powerball and the mega-lotteries here. Big ones are around 50MM and aren't often.

The biggest ones in Poland are around $15m. My cousin won a lottery a few years ago (~$2m), the same year his mother died of cancer. Karma is a bitch.

Purchased $6 worth :icon_mrgreen: No need to spend anymore than that. However, the 4 people in front of me played and the guy behind me played. I asked the clerk, "Seems to be a theme here, huh?" She rolled her eyes and said, "Ooooh yeah..."

The biggest ones in Poland are around $15m. My cousin won a lottery a few years ago (~$2m), the same year his mother died of cancer. Karma is a bitch.

Not in that case shes not! ;) In that case shes an absolute sweetheart! :)

I think I will pick up some tickets tonight (my second time playing the lottery ever) -- if I win, I will host a massive LP party!

I think I will pick up some tickets tonight (my second time playing the lottery ever) -- if I win, I will host a massive LP party!

Lets get this one, Paul! :eusa_dance:

I never buy tickets for lotto but if I ever will and it happens to be a winner I won't cash it because I don't want to upset family and friends or maybe I just wait for the last day before expiry date :icon_mrgreen:

Unreal...like someone else said, I only buy tickets when it gets to this level of news coverage. I've actually only done it once and that was earlier in this year when it was like 750 million or whatever the hell is was. Might as well throw a couple bucks on it.

I work at a place with 27 employees. Someone went around and did a pool. Almost everyone got in on it. If they win maybe Ill inherit a new company, even the owners did.

I work at a place with 27 employees. Someone went around and did a pool. Almost everyone got in on it. If they win maybe Ill inherit a new company, even the owners did.

I always contribute to the office pools. Hell with my luck i'd be the only one left coming to work the next day. :eusa_wall:

We have an office pool as well (lady comes around and collects $2 for about 50 of us in the command that want to play whenever the jackpot is $100 million or more). 8 years now and the most we've ever won is about $100. Maybe tonights the night! ;)

You guys are lucky. I have to driver two hours to Idaho if I want a ticket..I've done it twice in the past with friends.

Dude, fcuk that. Just put in with someone on here and have them buy you a ticket or ten. I guess the road trip could be fun too though, especially with your particularly hot group of "friends" that I see regularly on your FB pictures.