The List!

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drophead and Mclaren are tops. Drophead is different than the others, Mclaren is going to better than everything else. In LA traffic I'd be in the drophead....

Allen,

I don't know you from a hole in the wall but I have a feeling you will be board real quick if you do another TT G. Any of those other cars you listed will probably keep you interested for little bit longer than a TT G. IMO what you should do, mod the VW you have now so you have the speed you like and get the drophead.

option #1 LP560 spyder in white! with a Heff TT kit! you will love it!!!

ask anyone with a spyder and TT's if they like the car. everyone will agree that it is the best car ever, if not one of the best cars.

Yes, a TTG Spyder works surprisingly well.

Based on your list I would go with the McLaren and leave it stock for a while. Cost for a new one should not be much more than LP560 Spyder, even used. The only problem would be the wait.

Make: Lamborghini (same)

Model: Murcielago (different)

Trim: convertible (different)

Year: 2005 (savings for TT+misc)

Same idea you did with the G, the only difference is it's convertible and a different model and best of all you don't have to change your user name because it's TTed, and if not convertible stick with coupe.

Last but not least pro is the ttd Murci is much more rare than the ttd g, you would have greater exclusivity.

Forsure no Murci.. Old caca

Yes, a TTG Spyder works surprisingly well.

Based on your list I would go with the McLaren and leave it stock for a while. Cost for a new one should not be much more than LP560 Spyder, even used. The only problem would be the wait.

The Mclaren is going to be around 290K, and end of year deliveries..

With the car sold, the heat is on.. I am going to try not to rush into anything but I am impatient.. But the first thing that will happen is the Porsche is becoming an EVT 700! :D So I will have something thats atleast fast enough if I were to get something else and leave stock for awhile..

Drophead. :headbang:

And while you enjoy that sick land yacht you can wait and see how the landscape settles on the McLaren and other entries into the segment. Will give you a little break away from extreme sports, which will make it all the more satisfying when you dip back into the pool. :icon_thumleft:

THIS IS MY LAST POST IN ONE OF THESE THREADS FRUITCAKE

:iamwithstupid:

The only one that really grabs me is the Drophead.

:iamwithstupid:

Drophead all the way. :icon_thumleft: Just find the one you want with the right color choices. For me, the interior wood is the biggest part.

Wait for the McLaren to come down in the used market, and buy one then. It'll be better than anything else out there still.

If you are replacing the G, I don't see the Bentley or Rolls as a viable choice. You are going to want something fast and flickable. The Mclaren would be my personal top choice. Great piece. The wait time will kill you though. The LP 560 spyder is awesome. The one you are looking at is one that I sold them. Really nice car. I am truly fond of the 599 with a Novitec setup. Skokos posted up pictures of one of my guys cars here a year or so ago when it was for sale down south. That car was awesome. Full suspension, full exhaust, oversized HRE wheels and tires. Full body kit. That car stuck to the road, sounded unbelievable and went like stink. I would love to have that car back again, it was just plain awesome.

If you are replacing the G, I don't see the Bentley or Rolls as a viable choice. You are going to want something fast and flickable. The Mclaren would be my personal top choice. Great piece. The wait time will kill you though. The LP 560 spyder is awesome. The one you are looking at is one that I sold them. Really nice car. I am truly fond of the 599 with a Novitec setup. Skokos posted up pictures of one of my guys cars here a year or so ago when it was for sale down south. That car was awesome. Full suspension, full exhaust, oversized HRE wheels and tires. Full body kit. That car stuck to the road, sounded unbelievable and went like stink. I would love to have that car back again, it was just plain awesome.

Im going to drive a 599... see what i think.. Was thinking it might be a more driveable SLR type of ride.. But I think if push came to shove Id rather an SLS, just worry about depreciation on the SLS.

Im going to drive a 599... see what i think.. Was thinking it might be a more driveable SLR type of ride.. But I think if push came to shove Id rather an SLS, just worry about depreciation on the SLS.

your TT-g is sold? someone on the board? congrats!

I don't think the old superleggera even tt'd would suit you. If you go Lambo 560 is it. The guys that went SL to 560 say the 560 is light years ahead.

You have the Porsche and hardly drove the G due to traffic ect. so why got that route again? Time for big pimpin in the Drophead and use the 911 when you need a little speed. That white azure you were looking at isn't too shabby either and would save a bundle over the Rolls. Mclaren will be nice but who wants to ride that depreciation down from new?

Even with the TTG 560 Spyder, you still have a similar machine parked next to it. It makes no sense to go with the Convertible Gallardo. Get the Gallardo and you'll Twin Turbo it, when you're already thinking of sending the 911 to Evoms...you're going to have one car at 1000hp and one at 700hp....kind of useless isn't it? Especially when you never get to use either. It seems like you'd be better off ditching the Porsche as well and grabbing an Egear 560, because in the end both are the same car.

Your reasoning for driving the Porsche was the transmission, so you'd just be back in the Gallardo with the new Egear anyway, so do you really need two of the same car?

You mentioned the Scud...but what about the 16M? Are those still super expensive?

In the end I'd say go with the Drophead/Azure if you want the luxury pimp thing or wait it out for the McLaren...but having a Gallardo next to the 911 seems kind of redundant.

So many votes for the Rolls - It does seem sensible and I would want to see what you would do to it. You got the weather to use it year round and it stands out of your list as exceptional and filling a void for you.

I find myself looking at the Mclaren as well - I`ve never considered buying NEW but this one might be an exception.