Finally a woman who gets it.

Guest Rob Burgundy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good article. Liked this line the most:

Because ultimately, marriage is not about getting something -- it's about giving it. Strangely, men understand this more than we do. Probably because for them marriage involves sacrificing their most treasured possession -- a free-agent penis -- and for us, it's the culmination of a princess fantasy so universal, it built Disneyland.

Dear god I can't tell you how much hope this gives me for the female gender. I want to find this woman and give her a big fat kiss right on her lips.

"why you're not married"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tracy-mcmill...d_b_822088.html

All I needed to see was this in her byline:

"Tracy McMillan is a TV writer whose credits include Mad Men ..."

SOLD

Guest Rob Burgundy
Good article. Liked this line the most:

Because ultimately, marriage is not about getting something -- it's about giving it. Strangely, men understand this more than we do. Probably because for them marriage involves sacrificing their most treasured possession -- a free-agent penis -- and for us, it's the culmination of a princess fantasy so universal, it built Disneyland.

I agree! It was one of the most solid thoughts in there. I also liked this

"Here is what you need to know: You are enough right this minute. Period. Not understanding this is a major obstacle to getting married, since women who don't know their own worth make terrible wives. Why? You can fake it for a while, but ultimately you won't love your spouse any better than you love yourself. Smart men know this."

Crap now I need to go and hurry and check and make sure this was an ok link to post under roman dads guidelines so he doesn't ban me lol

Crap now I need to go and hurry and check and make sure this was an ok link to post under roman dads guidelines so he doesn't ban me lol

:lol2:

I was thinking the same thing

No bad, but I don't really get this bit:

"Female anger terrifies men. I know it seems unfair that you have to work around a man's fear and insecurity in order to get married -- but actually, it's perfect, since working around a man's fear and insecurity is big part of what you'll be doing as a wife."

I think men are terrified of the stupidity and bullshit behind nearly all female anger not the female anger itself. An intelligent unbiassed female in an angry but controlled state about something important hardly makes me feel insecure. It can be quite sexy if anything.

Working around a mans insecurity and fear? Completely lost me there. My only insecurity and fear is marrying or having anything to do with some stupid angry bitch. If a woman has to work around that then she has some big psychological issues, that I am scared of!

BTW I've never been married.

All I needed to see was this in her byline:

"Tracy McMillan is a TV writer whose credits include Mad Men ..."

SOLD

:iamwithstupid:

I think the angry thing pertains to women who are ALWAYS angry. Angry about life, angry they aren't married, angry about their job, angry about the 10 pounds they put on, and angry about being angry.

If a women is happy for the majority of the time you are with her, it is hard NOT to like her.

If a woman is always angry and always in a bad mood, it is very easy to move on to the next one.

No bad, but I don't really get this bit:

I think men are terrified of the stupidity and bullshit behind nearly all female anger not the female anger itself. An intelligent unbiassed female in an angry but controlled state about something important hardly makes me feel insecure. It can be quite sexy if anything.

Working around a mans insecurity and fear? Completely lost me there. My only insecurity and fear is marrying or having anything to do with some stupid angry bitch. If a woman has to work around that then she has some big psychological issues, that I am scared of!

BTW I've never been married.

How old are you? I won't lie and say I am perfect - we all have insecurities and fears, and a good wife must understand how to support her husband and make him into a better man. I never really understood that concept until the last girl I dated - i wanted to go out and accomplish shit because I wanted to be a better man (for her as well) - I think this might need some exploring because this path could lead to "60 hours paying for stuff she buys to keep her happy" land but at first..it feels kind of great..

Cool that she talks about oxytocin.. males produce it as well during orgasm, only about 1/10 as much as women do. What is also funny is people will then further try to amplify orgasms by adding subconscious mind fcuking, like saying "I love you" to a hooker as you are cumming - and then instantly ready for her to disappear 8 seconds later. The part of fcuk buddy transitioning to something more is spot on, you can NOT keep it FB only with a woman for long periods of time unless she knows that is EXACTLY what she also wants. Most don't because they lie to themselves.

Here is what you need to know: You are enough right this minute. Period.

Mind fcuking right here.. and something we all have to deal with at some point. Joe you want insecurity? Think about how you feel when a gorgeous girl you are with is going out with her friends. You know what you should do - be cool, let her have fun, enjoy your own free time. But you might also have that little voice going "there is probably better looking richer guy with huge dong hitting on her tonight!" That's what a woman will also work around by calling you, showing you she is happy with YOU and wants to keep it that way

The bottom line is that marriage is just a long-term opportunity to practice loving someone even when they don't deserve it.

This right here is gold. True love is what happens after 18-24 months when initial affection and love pheromones wear off.. that's when real work starts.

"You are ready to marry when you find someone whose happiness is more important than your own" - that's all it is really, but to know your own happiness one must know himself very well - hence so many points to discovering yourself in the article

I think the angry thing pertains to women who are ALWAYS angry. Angry about life, angry they aren't married, angry about their job, angry about the 10 pounds they put on, and angry about being angry.

If a women is happy for the majority of the time you are with her, it is hard NOT to like her.

If a woman is always angry and always in a bad mood, it is very easy to move on to the next one.

Exactly what I thought but how is that related to mens fears and insecurities??

How old are you? I won't lie and say I am perfect - we all have insecurities and fears, and a good wife must understand how to support her husband and make him into a better man.

I'm 30 and I yeah know all about what you mentioned here. If that's what she meant then yes that makes perfect sense but having the two separate points in the same paragraph and talkng about them as though they are the same thing is not really where it's at. Male insecurity and fear have nothing to do with not wanting to be around angry women, apart from the fear of wasting a shitload of time! The way it was written gave me the impression that she is saying to women "it's ok the be angry just like you always have been, just bottle it up to appease your partner". But hey maybe I'm the only one that read it that way.

I never really understood that concept until the last girl I dated - i wanted to go out and accomplish shit because I wanted to be a better man (for her as well) - I think this might need some exploring because this path could lead to "60 hours paying for stuff she buys to keep her happy" land but at first..it feels kind of great..

I don't really know what you are saying here. Any path that leads to indefinite 60hr weeks is a bad path! Do shit for yourself, not someone else.

Guest Rob Burgundy
So how do we go about getting the "lady" in our lives to read this...?

I posted it on my facebook and more then 2/3 of the "likes" were from girls and nearly all the comments were girls agreeing and saying this was DEAD on! Pretty amazing if you ask me..or I just have really cool girlfriends!

http://www.facebook.com/robertskokos#!...179018892142545

Guest Rob Burgundy
I sent it to my soon to be ex.

Lol! Good..stick one in her side.. Doubt someone in that frame of my will even let it sink in though :-/

I have to say that this article makes me feel better. I have been single pretty much forever with some sparse dating here and there (very picky). So for a long time I was definitely thinking I was the problem, I was actually sure of it. Come this November, I finally met someone who seemed like a good match. I found out she had some "issues" but I told her I wanted to see where this went and would be patient and not rush anything. Come Christmas, I ended up smoothly finding out where she would be at Xmas, her sister helped me out and (her sister loved me just from what she'd heard about me) sent her some flowers. Then she didn't seem to want to hang out for a couple weeks and ended up telling me she had commitment issues but she wasn't wanting to see someone else. So we talked a little bit but nothing like before and then after a few weeks she tells me she wants to see me again. We saw each other twice and then she tells me she's freaking out again and that she thinks something is wrong with her. So i've finally come to believe that i'm not the problem and this article helps with that.

I mean I think that while this article mentions marriage, it's true for dating in general. Honest to god, it seems impossible to find a hot girl who has her head on straight and is going somewhere in life. But anyways, good find Rob!

I have to admit, she worded it better than I ever could....I also know a few girls who fit in those categories and one or two that are the ideal she describes...the latter two are both engaged...the others...not so much.