7.2 quake rocks japan

Roman

Two survivors in Japan reunited by rescuer.

Its heartwarming that two gay men could be reunited.... But why did he have to choke the rescue dog to death?

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This video deserves to be in the DAYM thread as much as it does in this thread. That's just plain freaky!

Holy nuts! :eek3dance: I kept waiting for a giant sink-hole to open up and swallow the poor dude up...

who buys japans debt?

Interestingly enough, the Japanese themselves. Japan is still a very "inner" country. 92% of its debt are brought by their own citizens.

really a very good place where to build a Nuclear Power Plant, isn't it?

True, but they don't have much choice considering the entire country more or less lies on top of one or more fault lines.

This video deserves to be in the DAYM thread as much as it does in this thread. That's just plain freaky!

This video was on CNN, that's in Tokyo, and is an area of reclaimed land. It used to be part of Tokyo bay. Reclaimed land is like Jello in an earthquake, that's why you're getting that much movement and also the liquefaction.

BTW- Reactor #4 at the Nuclear plant is now on fire, so that's all four of them now!

BTW- Reactor #4 at the Nuclear plant is now on fire, so that's all four of them now!

Total disaster there now, they have no control it seems. Good thing all civilians are evacuated, so it will "just" be an environmental disaster in addition to what happens to those who work there.

Guest Rob Burgundy

So what now? They just sit and wait for it to melt?

So what now? They just sit and wait for it to melt?

If they've had to abandon the plant, its safe to say its fate has been sealed. :(

I honestly would be amazed if anyone could contain such a disaster this late into it.

ACTUAL LEVEL 6 NUCLEAR DISASTER, HIGHEST LEVEL 7 POSSIBLE

7:25 Japan government admits reactor number 3 shell damage and heavy radioactive pollution.

8:08 Japan government will raise evacuation range order around Fukushima nuclear power plants up to 31 miles (actual range is 12 miles).

10:22 at least 70% uranium barrels in the Fukushima reactors 1 and 2 are melting. Tokyo Italian embassy says.

10:45 Radioactivity too high over reactor 4: firefighters helicopters carrying water can no more fly over the reactor.

Current time: 10:58

This could be even worse than Cernobyl, as we have four reactors heavily damaged instead of just one blown up.

Now what? Is there anything that can be done, or is it just sit back and wait for a nuke holocaust?

i think they have already done what they could do: i do not know what they will now do, probably they will do like at Cernobyl, burying the reactor under a concrete sarcophagus and leave it as is.

10:54 Japan TEPCO technicians have core temperature problems also with reactors 5 and 6!!! Japanese Kyodo agency says.

now we have 6 reactors with problems... may be God wants to destroy Japan?

France says reactor no.4 is the main concern: this could go to level 7 disaster.

current time: 12:00

If they can't pour water over it safely, how are they going to go there and put a concrete sarcophagus over it?

i do not know, what i know is that all URSS helicopter pilots dropping concrete over the Cernobyl power plant died, but they saved many lives. Heroes.

I think they should start dropping concrete over those plants before the radiations increase too much: may be they are late, but better now than next week or later. I think it is the time to start: better leave 10 lives now than 100K lives in a year or two.

Dropping water will not stop the problem and you leave lives, dropping concrete at least will save lives.

i think they also should ask to soviets how they covered with concrete Cernobyl power plant and starting to do what soviets did, quickly: Tokyo is too close to wait again.

This is just my opinion, of course

50 techinicians choose to stay in the Fukushima Power Plant, despite the evacuation order: they are the only possibility to avoid a biblical disaster. Those brave men are sacrificing themselves hoping to save many Japan people.

i'm wondering if replace the skin of my fourth car, an old V12 Lamborghini Countach, and in japan they are struggling with giant earthquake, giant tsunami, giant nuclear disaster and snow too...

There is no justice in the world: every day we should thank God for what we have. Sorry but i'm a bit under the strong emotion of this umbelievable disaster that becomes worse and worse every day.

ciao