Gentlemen, I present to you...

VCR

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, looks just like a modernized 6.0 SE, that is sweet Al. :icon_thumleft: :icon_super:

:iamwithstupid: I was thinking the same thing! I instantly thought of the SE when I opened the pics. WOW does this car wear that color well! Amazing choice and very unique!!! :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super: Congrats and best of luck with her!

Huge congrats, VCR!!! :icon_super:

Love the color - very unique. Performante bumper treatment looks great too! :icon_thumleft:

Can't wait for your review.

That is just WOW and fantastic, so happy for you. I LOVE the color..of course I am a little bias as I have it on my SE#12..this color and the Maronnes eclipse were first presented on the 2001 Diablo SE cars, the last 40 to be bult of the Diablo line...the factory stated the Gold was to represent the "rising of the sun" and the brown the "setting of the sun". At the time of production, they said they would not reproduce the color, much like the SE30 Purple color as well.

I was at the factory in 2004 and requested a builf of a new Murcie in this color, they would not do it..but since have released a few cars in this color "special order" (not cheap) as well as I know of one LP670-4SV in Europe finished in the Maronne's Eclipse shade. These are very very special colors..AND NO picture can do either justice..you need to see it in person to see how deep and rich the color is..again congrats and a beautiful car!!

post-23696-1303481986.jpg

but since have released a few cars in this color "special order" (not cheap) as well as I know of one LP670-4SV in Europe finished in the Maronne's Eclipse shade. These are very very special colors..AND NO picture can do either justice..you need to see it in person to see how deep and rich the color is..again congrats and a beautiful car!!

i'm sure you got some poeple interested in that SV so here are some pics :)

post-11539-1303484357_thumb.jpg

post-11539-1303484389_thumb.jpg

post-11539-1303484451_thumb.jpg

i'm sure you got some poeple interested in that SV so here are some pics :)

If I am not mistaken it lives in Switzerland..those pics are not good as the car is sitting up on the front lift..but I love it with the small wing like my SV#12 as well..AND its a REAL 6 speed "self rower"..tried to buy the car but was told it is not for sale..dont know where it is now..?

If I am not mistaken it lives in Switzerland..those pics are not good as the car is sitting up on the front lift..but I love it with the small wing like my SV#12 as well..AND its a REAL 6 speed "self rower"..tried to buy the car but was told it is not for sale..dont know where it is now..?

You are right. Those pics were taken in Porrentruy, Switzerland.

Thank you again everyone!

Took a fairly bold step forward to choose this colour. There is one member here that I asked about the idea and he supported it all the way so thank you --- you know who you are.

Lambo was apprehensive at first but finally okayed it. They also sent a few paint chips over just to make sure that we were talking about the same colour --- that was kind of cool. Not much of a gold-colour car person myself but every since I saw the 6.0SE, I knew I wanted a Lambo with Oro Elios some day. This colour shifts tone & hue like crazy under different ambient lighting.

Allan, I am quite sure that a 458 in this colour would fail totally --- the lines on that car will not highlight the hue shift well at all and it would be an absolute mess. :)

Awesome.......I like it! Congrats and enjoy it in the best of health.

What mods are coming? Is there a way to lower the car (alot) other than getting new coilovers?

Very unique choice. Congrats!

I tried to see if making the lip black would have an effect but I failed with the shadow blending in

post-11867-1303496958.jpg

I LOVE GOOOOLD!

Austin-Powers-Goldmember.jpg

damnit! you beat me.

This was the first thing i thought of when i saw the car.

2 pages in i thought i was gonna be the first :P

VCR, awesome car man. Looks fantastic!