Best cars as investments

Ag02M5

Sorry if this is a repost.

What are y'alls thoughts for some cars that may prove good long term investments at a reasonable $ amount?

Could be anything...classic, muscle, import, exotic (semi at this price range).

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Porsche 964 Turbo S Flachbau

Porsche 993 Turbo S

Ford GT

BMW Z8

Out of the 200k range but probably the strongest potential gainer, if you can get it, get it and never sell it: Carrera GT

After factoring reasonable inflation rates and sales fees on both ends, maintenance and repair, storage and insurance, please show me any car between 50 and 200k that could be considered a long term investment (10 years or more, provides rate of return over capital of greater than say 5% per annum).

My guess - nothing.

Guest Rob Burgundy
After factoring reasonable inflation rates and sales fees on both ends, maintenance and repair, storage and insurance, please show me any car between 50 and 200k that could be considered a long term investment (10 years or more, provides rate of return over capital of greater than say 5% per annum).

My guess - nothing.

:iamwithstupid: None ever.

get it and never sell it: Carrera GT

:icon_mrgreen:

I dont know, I could sell mine soon as I got my eye on other cars and dont have space or time to accommodate lots of cars at once.

My guess - nothing.

Bingo

Give me $200k and let's talk 10 years from now :icon_thumleft:

big difference between not depreciating and make good solid money.

With my Diablos, I made a good return on the resale, but nothing compared to investing the money.

My guess - nothing.

:iamwithstupid: None ever.

Bingo

Give me $200k and let's talk 10 years from now :icon_thumleft:

Eh.....what do you guys know about investing? :icon_mrgreen:

My guess - nothing.

After you figure all of this in I would say nothing.

But my best guess would be a rarer Hemi car like a 70 Cuda or Challenger. Im not completely up on their value but I know they have tanked a lot. There was a 71 Cuda Hemi that sold on BJ for 4 mil a few years ago. 71s are FAR rarer than 70s. This would be my best guess, but still probably not very likely.

Buying a 60's Shelby GT500, etc. American muscle has appreciated immensely over the years.