Fatal Diablo Crash in Durban

dreamcast18

RIP.

Durban - A prominent Durban businessman’s son, who survived being drugged in a kidnapping incident some years back, was burnt beyond recognition when he allegedly lost control of his red Lamborghini while driving along the M4, near Waterkant Road in Durban North, in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Jameel Pandor was the son of Jakes Pandor, who owns Jakes Auto Exports. The business made headlines in 2009, when it lost around 200 cars to a fire which ravaged two floors of its building in central Durban.

Jameel also made the headlines five years ago when he was kidnapped. The alleged kidnapper demanded $1m for his safe return, and he was found a few days later, drugged.

Attempts to speak to the family members were unsuccessful, but a close family friend confirmed that the victim was indeed Jakes’s son. The source said he could not comment any further other than saying the family was still shocked.

Probably drove too fast

Police spokesperson Lieutenant-Colonel Vincent Mdunge said Pandor (in his 30s) probably drove too fast along the M4.

“He lost control of his car, and was burnt beyond recognition,” he said.

He said the deceased’s next of kin were on Sunday preparing for his funeral, which will be performed according to his Islamic religious beliefs.

Spokesperson for Netcare 911, Chris Botha said witnesses at the scene said the Lamborghini was driving along the M4 North at around 03:30 when it left the roadway, ploughed through trees and undergrowth for about 400 metres and finally stopped on its roof near the Broadway conference centre.

“When Netcare 911 paramedics and the fire department arrived at the scene they found the vehicle totally engulfed in flames,” said Botha.

He said after the fire was extinguished they found that the driver, described only as an Indian man in his 30s, had died due to the extensive injuries that he had sustained.

“Emergency personnel had to use the jaws of life to free the body from the crumpled remains of the luxury sports car,” he added.

2rzaxat.jpg

2dhscx0.jpg

Family in shock after Lamborghini crash: News24: South Africa: News

Upside-down in a Diablo... yup that's my nightmare.

RIP

You took the words right out of my mouth - except there's no mention of a passenger - which is the very worst nightmare scenario.

R.I.P.

RIP

That looks horrible!

I want to buy one of these before I drive the D again. Better safe than sorry.

44105.JPG

RIP I don't know if it would have done any good in that crash. I don't think you could have gotten out in the space left at the windows. I hope he was conscious when it was burning.

RIP

I carry an F-4 Phantom "canopy breaker tool " (from my previous life) in my car for this very reason. Side window, windshield, I'm getting out

RIP

I carry an F-4 Phantom "canopy breaker tool " (from my previous life) in my car for this very reason. Side window, windshield, I'm getting out

Good idea, who would ever imagine it could flip upside down, the speed must have been extremely excessive. Sad, so Sad RIP

Wow..RIP..one of my friend had the same thing happen to him..just that his car crashed into a tree and caught fire...really sad

RIP I don't know if it would have done any good in that crash. I don't think you could have gotten out in the space left at the windows. I hope he was conscious when it was burning.

WTF!!!!!???? I hope that was a typo...

"RIP I don't know if it would have done any good in that crash. I don't think you could have gotten out in the space left at the windows. I hope he was unconscious when it was burning."

Fixed

That is horrible. RIP

RIP.

I hope Lamborghini has done something in the Aventador to address this fatal flaw.

Umm.... Does the Murci have an easy way out?

Nick

RIP

That's brilliant.

I am going to pick one up, just in case. As I have been in two roll overs. One of which was into deep snow, so I had to dig myself out of the truck.

Nick

RIP

There are two reasons I ALWAYS drive with my windows down. One is to hear the motor and the other is in the event of a rollover.

I couldn't imagine being trapped in that car in a rollover, fire or no fire.

A CT is even worse, there is no window. Scary in this moment....

Does the M have a solution to this...I dont think so ? Surely it would not be difficult to incorporate a 'push out door from within in case of emergency' release system on scissor door cars...and this proves that fcuk me they should. A hammer is simply not going to help....no exit via windscreen or windows.

Utterly terrible and RIP.