TWIN TURBO GALLARDO CUSTOMERS PAST AND PRESENT

AllanLambo

2004 Heffner TT Gallardo..

Approx 2 1/2 years of ownership

When I first recieved the car on Heffners Gen 1 Turbokit, it tripped a check Engine light.. Jason walked me through checking the code, then clearing the code.

After approx 1 year car was sent to Jason for his Gen 2 Turbokit update, went from 740rwhp to 850rwhp on pump gas... Zero issues

Maintence-oil change, transmission fluid and diff fluid change

Driven approx 4500 miles..

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh forgot an issue with my car.. It had a tiny pinhole leak coming from the transmission casing which Jason Heffner could not find and fix.. It was a defect in the factory casing.. Chinaman found it and fixed it and it never leaked again..

2004 Underground bolt-on TT Gallardo. Approx. 1 1/2 years of ownership with the TT system and 4,000 miles of driving, zero issues. I hear regularly from the current owner also, who has now had it for an additional year, and has had zero issues. The only issue I ever had with the car was an E-gear system leak before the TT system went on, so it was more reliable with the TT's than stock. :)

I just recieved a PM from a former TTG owner who wishes to remain private and does not want to disclose the tuner or private info on the car, so I will leave it as somewhat generic info....

My car was perfect until I put 15,000 on the motor and then it blew. the low oil light came on so I pulled over checked the oil and it was fine, drove a couple hundred feet and something did not feel right so I pulled over again. We where on a drive and mechanic friend was with us and he found the motor seized. I sent the car on my dime and it was fixed under warranty! I was happy with that but the car never ran right after that. When I sold my TTG, the tuner gave the new owner a 1 year warranty. He needed it because less then 15,000 after the first motor went the second rebuilt motor had a major problem. It was fixed but I'm not sure if the tuner ever came good with the warranty this time .

I also had a couple other smaller issues with this car that where because of the Turbo's.

The tuner built 4 cars for us and 3 of them have blow motors. One just blew a tranny. The one that hasn't blown is a Murci and he doesn't drive it because he is scared it will blow the motor.

One of the cars has had nothing but issues!

I could have put this on the net but I don't think the tuner deserves that, they have tried very hard to make these cars work for us but we put to many miles on them and drive them very hard and they just can't handle the abuse!

2005 Underground Racing Twin Turbo - "R" build

The car makes 1000 whp on pump and 1538 whp on race gas. Having gone through 25 modified cars ranging from 1200 whp Supra's to a 1500 whp twin turbo Viper, the Gallardo that UGR built for me is nothing short of amazing. I am in love with the car, the way it drives, the way it runs, the quality of the build, the over fit/finish, the experience dealing with UGR, etc...I just can't say enough good things about UGR. Anyone considering one of their kits, DO IT!!!

I have put about 500 miles on the car (not many) but all have been at the 1500 whp level, no issues whatsoever, runs like a stock lambo until you plant the throttle. I am in the process of trying to sell the car....so I can buy a 2011 and do an "R" build with UGR on the 2011. :)

Peter

I just recieved a PM from a former TTG owner who wishes to remain private and does not want to disclose the tuner or private info on the car, so I will leave it as somewhat generic info....

My car was perfect until I put 15,000 on the motor and then it blew. the low oil light came on so I pulled over checked the oil and it was fine, drove a couple hundred feet and something did not feel right so I pulled over again. We where on a drive and mechanic friend was with us and he found the motor seized. I sent the car on my dime and it was fixed under warranty! I was happy with that but the car never ran right after that. When I sold my TTG, the tuner gave the new owner a 1 year warranty. He needed it because less then 15,000 after the first motor went the second rebuilt motor had a major problem. It was fixed but I'm not sure if the tuner ever came good with the warranty this time .

I also had a couple other smaller issues with this car that where because of the Turbo's.

The tuner built 4 cars for us and 3 of them have blow motors. One just blew a tranny. The one that hasn't blown is a Murci and he doesn't drive it because he is scared it will blow the motor.

One of the cars has had nothing but issues!

I could have put this on the net but I don't think the tuner deserves that, they have tried very hard to make these cars work for us but we put to many miles on them and drive them very hard and they just can't handle the abuse!

Sorry to hear that above experience.

Out of the near 50 cars we have built, we have had only one engine failure at a race. That Gallardo was racing at the Texas Mile at near 40psi with over revving playing a huge factor in the loss of the engine. Other than that while racing we have hurt a camshaft and lifted a head all while COMPETING at a high level.

All of our engines in the street Twin Turbo Gallardos have been PERFECT!

Had a stock Gallardo for about 8 months before having Heffner install a bolt-on kit where it was making 650-800 whp.... I sent it back after a couple months for a full build, the car is done, making 1050 whp on 93 octane, and 1200+ on ms109, just waiting for the rain to stop so it can be track tested and I can pick it up!

Out of the near 50 cars we have built, we have had only one engine failure. That Gallardo was racing at the Texas mile at near 40psi with over revving playing a huge factor in the loss of the engine. Other than that while racing we have hurt a camshaft and lifted a head all while COMPETING at a high level.

All of our engines in the street Gallardos have been perfect!

That's Respectable ! I think anyone playing around with 1500whp should expect "some" issues along the way.. its how the builder handles the issue that important to me..

Current UR TTG owner, have owned the car for a little over a year - have put just over 7,000 miles on it. The only issue I have ever had was a faulty fuel pump. I called Kevin at 9pm as I was on the road, he met me at their shop at midnight, put my wife & I up in the Marriott, repaired the fuel pump, washed/waxed the car and, picked me up early the next morning and, we were on our way. The car has always been set at over 900RWHP. We have beat on the car repeatedly, racing anyone who was willing without issue.

Put around 15k miles on my Heffner TT with zero issues. I was always very careful to let car get fully warmed up before beating on it though.

I'm really not trying to stir up a shitstorm here but I just want to clarify that a tuned car "not holding up" and "giving you headaches" doesn't necessarly mean the engine has to blow up..

Let me clarify for you with first hand information as you seem to keep taking underhanded shots at Underground Racing. Even though I can, with first hand information, I'm not going to speak for OTHER TT Gallardo tuners. I can however tell you that all of Underground Racing's STREET cars have had very little issues and out of the few minor issues, they were dealt with very quickly and the majority of those few issues were not even turbo engine build related.

Now, what I mean by "street car" is our systems Stage 1, Stage 2 and stage 3 Twin Turbo systems, all power levels 1300 WHP and lower. That makes up over 90% of our Gallardo builds.

"Race Version" Twin Turbo systems which are between 1500-1950 WHP are a different story. While all engines have been perfect other than the few issues, as I have stated in my above post. I always make clear to ALL customers, when choosing a "Race Version" build, there will be a good possibility of drivetrain failure IF they compete with these cars at a high level at 1500+ WHP

For our Race Version builds in the US and especially out of the country, I make it very clear before they purchase that they must supply me with good feed back when they are at these RACE events, via MOTEC Data logs and ETC. If they don't, while competing at high levels the risk of failure becomes more possible as again, I make very clear. I also clearly let them know all of the risk involved

Now, if you think you have FACTS of any wrong doing on my end which behind the scenes you claim to have, post them up and I will spend my much needed Saturday off that I should be spending with my young kids picking apart your false accusations.

I love this car, over a year on the build and not one issue. It does use a lot more gas. :icon_mrgreen:

I love this car, over a year on the build and not one issue. It does use a lot more gas. :icon_mrgreen:

That is usually because of the interface between the Throttle and the Steering wheel. :icon_super:

It also becomes.. lets say a oil pump goes.. whose fault is that? If a rod breaks...whose fault is that? There are plenty of STOCK Gallardos that have broken rods.. Hard to judge some instances as a stock Gallardo has not always proven to be 100% reliable..

Well... This thread took a big flying shit

I was under the assumption the posting in here would be TTG owners voicing their experiences regarding the cars.

Allan, can you start this over? Maybe pull out some of that Fancy Ferrari Mod Shit or something? :D

Slowpoke, You and I are in the same boat so repeat after me " I don't have a TT anything, therefore I don't know shit about it and shouldn't be posting here"

I don't see UGR being picked on specifically so i don't understand why there is a need from UGR to be so defencive. I also do not understand why slowpoke is being attacked for speaking his mind and expressing his opinion. He is entitled to his opinion just like everyone else is and just because he is not in agreement with the aftermarket tuners do not mean he is necessarily wrong or the bad guy.

For what it is worth, i agree with his opinion to a certain extent. The TT cars could very well be reliable short term but i don't see them racking up a whole bunch of miles while being as reliable as a stock factory car. And for those who find that offensive, it is too bad. Time will tell and i don't particluarily want to see cars fail and engines blow up but i wouldn't be shocked if it happened as it is the price to pay in the quest for maximum HP.

A lot of race cars, mine included need an engine rebuilt after 20 to 25 hours of track time. We are using the best materials and components building these motors and they could very well last more than 25 hours but i can guarantee you they will not last 100 hours+ without something breaking or a major failure. That is what happens when you stress motors to the max trying to squeeze the maximum amount of power out of them. The TT Gallardos are in the same boat and the more HP they have, the more stress to the motor. The biggest difference between the street and race cars is that the street car is not using full load all the time so the engine should have a longer life. But do not expect miracles and while the factories build the engines to a specific tune to ensure there is a safety and longevity factor, the same does not apply to the TT engines, irrelevent of all the mods done to the stock engines for the TT build.

Does one really think Lambo could not squeeze more HP out of the Gallardo or Muri motors. Sure they can, and they have and the motors have been detuned to ensure better longevity.

It also becomes.. lets say a oil pump goes.. whose fault is that? If a rod breaks...whose fault is that? There are plenty of STOCK Gallardos that have broken rods.. Hard to judge some instances as a stock Gallardo has not always proven to be 100% reliable..

Hater!!!!! :icon_mrgreen:

2011 UGR LP570

Stage 1.5 w/Motec boost by gear & fast shift program.

Car was delivered to UGR with less than 100 miles. Currently, the odometer show just under 1100 miles and has been

perfect. Only one time when I started the car, it had a little rough idle but it cleared up in about 10 - 15 seconds. Nothing else negative to report.

To date, I have only run the 93 octane pump gas level, 7LBS boost netting 750WHP.

I've always have been hesitant to modify any car to this level but from reading all of the positive posts is what helped me make the decision to do it.

Mirroring what others have said, there has been no loss of drivability to the car when just cruising around, it feels stock.

This was the key thing that I expressed to Kevin before sending them the car. I wanted the stock feeling, just faster....which is exactly what they delivered!

Highly recommend UGR and this modification.

I don't see UGR being picked on specifically so i don't understand why there is a need from UGR to be so defencive. I also do not understand why slowpoke is being attacked for speaking his mind and expressing his opinion. He is entitled to his opinion just like everyone else is and just because he is not in agreement with the aftermarket tuners do not mean he is necessarily wrong or the bad guy..

Because you don't know what's going on behind the scenes with false accusation pointed at us. If you read my prior post more carefully, you would have picked that up.

Because you don't know what's going on behind the scenes with false accusation pointed at us. If you read my prior post more carefully, you would have picked that up.

I know you have a persecution problem. I haven't driven any of your cars so i cannot comment first hand but given all the testimonials and the results plastered all over the net, it looks like your product is top notch and i commend you for that. However, given the nature of your business and how you are pushing the envelope, it is inevitable there are going to be problems wit some of the cars and any customer who choses to go down that route hopefully undertands that. How a business or an outift handles issues is what separates them from the rest and you seem to have that down pat so i don't see why you are sweating it so much. You don't need to rebuff every and any rumour as none of us walk on water.

I know you have a persecution problem. I haven't driven any of your cars so i cannot comment first hand but given all the testimonials and the results plastered all over the net, it looks like your product is top notch and i commend you for that. However, given the nature of your business and how you are pushing the envelope, it is inevitable there are going to be problems wit some of the cars and any customer who choses to go down that route hopefully undertands that. How a business or an outift handles issues is what separates them from the rest and you seem to have that down pat so i don't see why you are sweating it so much. You don't need to rebuff every and any rumour as none of us walk on water.

I walk on water :icon_mrgreen: