UFC DISCUSSION NWS!

porter

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damn. Ronda looked awful. She got her ass beat from start to finish.

Her standup game has always been awkward and basic at best, standing toe-to-toe with a boxing champ totally exposed her. She'd had a better chance bum rushing Holm than trying to box with her.

Her standup game has always been awkward and basic at best, standing toe-to-toe with a boxing champ totally exposed her. She'd had a better chance bum rushing Holm than trying to box with her.

Agree! Man she got whooped.

It was only a matter of time. Miesha Tate lit her up pretty easily but always made the mistake of going to the ground. This is what happens when you stand with a pedigree boxer who has reach on you.

Guess who won some money on this fight? :)

The most amazing thing to me in this fight was the ability Holly had to compose her self, and not let the nerves get to her to deviate her away from her game plan. Ronda likes to blitz and be in your face and very aggressive in the opening round(s), and this flusters her opponents and gets them out of their element which provokes them to make mistakes regardless of the game plan they had coming into the fight. Holly did not let Ronda's aggression phase her, and when she got passed that step, it was skill for skill, which Holly obviously has a lot more of.

I also think Ronda's ego got in the way as she wanted to prove to the world that she can stand with a top level boxer. Silly! No one saw Holly try to grapple with Ronda, just like Ronda shouldn't have tried to stand up with Holly, just like all the other girls don't go in there trying to get Ronda to the ground.

I will say that I feel bad for Ronda. She has a family history of depression which isn't going to help. Even though I never liked her, I feel bad for her.

I mean, can you imagine coming home from the hospital and seeing things like this ALL OVER the internet?

https://www.facebook.com/PakaluPapitoOffici...42133006097734/

Anyway, I can say a lot about this fight. In the end, Ronda got KTFO and hopefully that humbles her down a tad.

Looking forward to seeing more of Holly and how the UFC is going to move forward with the Woman's Bantam weight match-ups from here.

Good comments.

Ronda definitely bought into her own hype. Seriously, calling yourself best fighter on the planet? Even if it was true which was highly debatable, who goes around calling themselves that?

Not saying Ronda defeated herself, far from it, Holly had a great fight and beat the living shit out of Rousey. Holm looked a weight class larger than Ronda by fight time... and shredded whereas Rousey looked a little soft.

I cringed every time Rogan praised her "new and improved" boxing. She has always looked like an amateur flailing her arms, the fact that she has used it to win is only a testament to the lack of skill she has met.

There is no question about her submission pedigree, but as they say; jujitsu goes out the window when you add punches to the game.

In other news, Létourneau did much better than I expected against Joanna, creds to her!

Let's not forget who the real winner is: Floyd Mayweather. I'm sure he made a ton betting against her.

Oh wow. So many good fights this round.

LeTourneau great fighter I hoped whe to win.

But Rousey vs Holm.

1st round was furious both ways but second round it was open hunting season for Holm.

Let's not forget who the real winner is: Floyd Mayweather. I'm sure he made a ton betting against her.

I've been thinking about betting against her for awhile. Just dont know how to go about betting on sports. I did bet a guy at the bar last night though, made 10 bucks.

I'll bet Miesha Tate smells blood in the water now. Didn't know Ronda was calling herself the best fighter on the planet. Only watched the second round on Youtube, but it looked like a professional against an amateur. Holly Holm I read managed to take down Rousey, but then immediately got back up, not trying to grapple with her.

Joe Rogan was saying in the commentary about Ronda that her hands were low and her chin is up and that she looks desperate. Ironic for me because I was just thinking, "I wonder how Ronda will take it if/when she gets beaten..." then I come online and find out she got clobbered.

ExhaustedWindingDassie.gif

LMFAO! There's so much going around on social media, this is by far the best one. Did anyone see the interview between Rhonda and I believe it was Jimmy Fallen where she says the only way she'd lose is if she got kicked in the head? Lol.

I haven't followed Rousey closely at all, and knew nothing about Holm, but what I did know was that I'd never heard of Rousey until 6-8 months ago, and since then she has been all over everything--making the rounds on late night talk shows, in commercials, magazines, tremendous amounts of press coverage, etc. So I was wondering before the fight if Rousey might lose just because she wasn't as focused on preparing for the fight as she was in the past. Not saying that is correct; maybe Holm is simply better than she is.

I haven't followed Rousey closely at all, and knew nothing about Holm, but what I did know was that I'd never heard of Rousey until 6-8 months ago, and since then she has been all over everything--making the rounds on late night talk shows, in commercials, magazines, tremendous amounts of press coverage, etc. So I was wondering before the fight if Rousey might lose just because she wasn't as focused on preparing for the fight as she was in the past. Not saying that is correct; maybe Holm is simply better than she is.

From what was displayed in that fight, Holm isn't just better than her, she is on a completely different level, especially in striking. I am looking forward for the rematch.

And Tate is a cunt for being so insensitive and cruel....regardless of their past. Two wrongs don't make a right, and she needs to remember that Ronda whooped her ass....twice!

Seems to me a few things that did Ronda in:

1) Lack of cardio - she was gassed by the end of the first round. Seemed she pulled a Shayna Baszler and let her cardio slip, which is a mistake many a fighter with great skills has made. They get cocky and don't train their cardio as much as they should (as hard cardio training is tough) and then they end up against a lesser-skilled opponent who has superior cardio and is skilled enough to keep the fight going and then they lose. Also Rousey seemed to get desperate as she was exhausted; a major part of cardio training from what I understand is to get extremely exhausted in training and then learn how to concentrate and fight through the exhaustion. But Rousey seemed to just get totally sloppy.

2) Lack of striking - seems she came up against a world-class striker finally. I am no expert at all on combat sports, but I have always thought her striking looked weak. Amazing that there was talk of her transitioning to women's professional boxing and Dana White (I think) and her coach Edmond saying that she could beat any female boxer (female boxers themselves say that's hogwash and seems they were right). I have always thought her beatable though, as Miesha Tate took her to a third round before finally being defeated.

3) Bad coach - her mom says her coach Edmond Tarverdyan is a terrible coach and just got lucky in that his was the first gym Rousey walked into. Baszler and Jessamyn Duke also have gone down under his coaching apparently. She apparently remains with him out of loyalty, but may need to get a truly world-class coach

4) Holly Holm game-plan - Holm executed a specific game plan and Rousey played right into it to a tee. Reminds me of when Royce Gracie was steamrolling people in the early UFC, but then as people studied his fighting, they realized there was a pattern to what he was doing. Holm and her coaches studied Rousey and her coaches say the same: that Rousey has been utilizing the same techniques over and over to beat opponents. So they studied her and came up specifically with how to counter her. That her own team didn't realize this might happen at some point I think reflects poorly on them. If you keep having success in the cage with the exact same stuff, you need to take into account that people are going to study it and come up with specific counters.