UFC DISCUSSION NWS!

porter

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Dana White is full of it for acting as if there is nothing surprising about what happened, that Holm is a skilled fighter and all that. He was totally stunned. I am wondering even if maybe this fight had been fixed as a sort of hand-out to Rousey, as she was supposed to be fighting Miesha Tate, but the one fighter that she was not able to steamroll in their last fight was Miesha Tate, who took her to a third round. So I am wondering if maybe they decided to hold off on Miesha Tate fighting her and instead hand her a nobody to rack up another win.

OH MAN, some of these memes I swear are so creative:

People calling Ronda Rousey "Ronda Lousey"

Holly's hometown paper saying, "Happy Holly-Day" and "Holly-Lujah"

Rousey has been stretched very thin with all her promotions, interviews, media appearances, and movie shit. There is no way training could have been ideal. Also she's been believing her own hype. Uncle Dana had been promoting her as the lodestar; the screen prior to PPV was a still shot of the words: THE MOST DOMINANT FIGHTER IN THE WORLD. Those are big shoes, even bigger if you're the person actually buying into it.

She needed to get chopped down. She'd been drinking supercunt fuel for months.

Rousey has been stretched very thin with all her promotions, interviews, media appearances, and movie shit. There is no way training could have been ideal. Also she's been believing her own hype. Uncle Dana had been promoting her as the lodestar; the screen prior to PPV was a still shot of the words: THE MOST DOMINANT FIGHTER IN THE WORLD. Those are big shoes, even bigger if you're the person actually buying into it.

Now Turtle can get with her no problem.

Now Turtle can get with her no problem.

Ronda "Didn't you used to be really fat?"

Turtle "Didn't you used to be really good?"

What are some of the "supercunt" things she's been doing? (I haven't been following her closely)

What are some of the "supercunt" things she's been doing? (I haven't been following her closely)

Too many to list. If you are an MMA fan who watches the show, you'd know exactly what Porter and everyone else is talking about. She needed a kick to the face to humble her down a tad.

Here is one thing that hasn't been talked about.....what did Holly say to her after she got announced the new champion? She hugged her and said something. I am surprised Rogan didn't ask her that question during the interview.

Too many to list. If you are an MMA fan who watches the show, you'd know exactly what Porter and everyone else is talking about. She needed a kick to the face to humble her down a tad.

Here is one thing that hasn't been talked about.....what did Holly say to her after she got announced the new champion? She hugged her and said something. I am surprised Rogan didn't ask her that question during the interview.

I am light-casual MMA fan, like I watch some fights occasionally, I'll check up to see how the big names are doing, etc...but I do not per se follow the sport as a fan.

In the pre-fight face-off, Rousey got up in Holm's face. Holm's pushed a face into Rousey's face and pushed her away. Rousey seemed to then go psycho and then afterwards posted:

Fake ass cheap shotting fake respect fake humility bitch - "preacher's daughter" my ass - I see through your fake sweet act now - you're getting your ass kicked tomorrow, and I'm really going to enjoy the beating I give you

Wow, I totally didn't see this coming. Ironically, the person Rousey dogged and disrespected the most for some time now took the high road when asked about her loss. If there's anyone who can get Rousey's striking game on the right track, it's Mayweather.

She needs a lot of work on her striking. But equipped w/May's striking lessons, the rematch would be epic to say the least!

Here is an article that was written five months ago that explains in detail how vulnerable Rousey was, what all of her opponents were doing wrong, and how one could go about defeating her. It is amazingly precise, pretty much laying out EXACTLY, to a tee, what Holly Holmes did before she did it. It's almost like Holmes read the article and then proceeded to do these things: Killing the Queen: Ronda Rousey

Here is a follow-up article, post-fight, that expounds on the above article: How Holly Holm Killed Queen Ronda Rousey

Here is another article that was dead-on as well: The Impossible Task: Meet the Fighter Who Beat UFC Champion Ronda Rousey

They are beating the living out from ronda and all the hype and snobbery there was.

The burns are so bad. :badgrin:

They are beating the living out from ronda and all the hype and snobbery there was.

That was fantastic stuff, thank you!!!

OH WOW, those are good. Hadn't seen the gif with Holly knifing Ronda. There is also a suggestion I've read for a gif where when Holly kicks Ronda, a bunch of rings (like from Sonic the Hedgehog) pop out.

I had no idea Joe Rogan had fallen so much for the Ronda myth. I mean there's where you say someone is clit-sucking (or cock-sucking), but he really seemed to have fallen for the whole thing. And yet he's a knowledgeable martial artist and martial arts commentator. I wonder if the Ronda hype is like a case study in how some people can so fall for something that it causes them to end up completely suspending their critical faculties and see what they want to see versus what is actually there if they fall for the hype of something (people who knew boxing and even MMA but who were not on the Ronda cult easily saw the holes in her game).

And Joe Rogan's face after the knockout is just gold.

"I see lot of myself in Ronda Rousey like her footwork, of course I do have Parkinsons."

-Muhammad Ali

post-20201-1448428397.jpg

I had no idea Joe Rogan had fallen so much for the Ronda myth. I mean there's where you say someone is clit-sucking (or cock-sucking), but he really seemed to have fallen for the whole thing. And yet he's a knowledgeable martial artist and martial arts commentator. I wonder if the Ronda hype is like a case study in how some people can so fall for something that it causes them to end up completely suspending their critical faculties and see what they want to see versus what is actually there if they fall for the hype of something (people who knew boxing and even MMA but who were not on the Ronda cult easily saw the holes in her game).

And Joe Rogan's face after the knockout is just gold.

As with any professional sport, there are certain "golden children" that all commentators are "highly encouraged" to talk up. It's about bringing in more people to the sport, and half of that is with commentators running the hype-machine to get people watching. In the NBA once Jordan left there was a desperate scrape to find the next messiah of hoops and for a while Kobe Bryant and Lebron James held the crown. So with UFC, a sport that is gaining more and more national attention, having the "best athlete in all of sports" as Rhonda has been hailed, of course they want every commentator parroting that to the public.

As with any professional sport, there are certain "golden children" that all commentators are "highly encouraged" to talk up. It's about bringing in more people to the sport, and half of that is with commentators running the hype-machine to get people watching. In the NBA once Jordan left there was a desperate scrape to find the next messiah of hoops and for a while Kobe Bryant and Lebron James held the crown. So with UFC, a sport that is gaining more and more national attention, having the "best athlete in all of sports" as Rhonda has been hailed, of course they want every commentator parroting that to the public.

Yeah, I get that they have to hype the "franchise" player, but Rogan went a cut above that IMO. If you watch some of his interviews it's ridiculous. There a snippet of one where he is practically crying, praising Rousey's skill as a gifted athlete from another planet..

I'm glad for Holly. Rhonda was the bully and got served. Hopefully Holly will get some of the well deserved spotlight.