What started your fascination for Lamborghini?

lambolp400s

Inspired by Cowchasers photo of the two Miuras he have had stored for 40 years (in old school Lamborghini), I wanted to see who else have kept their first models/magazines or item that started their fascination for the best supercar in the world. Obviously, there will be different models that captured the mind of the differet members here, du to some agedifference, but please show me that I am not the only weirdo that have collected these items for so long.

Here is mine. Short story:

Model: Majorette. Got it around age of 7-8. Thought it was the most amacing shape! Out of 200+ metalcars, the one I carried in the pocket everywhere. Reason for item 2:

Magazine: Bilsport, Swedish magazine that I begged my parents for advance on the the next weeks weekly allowance to buy. I bought it at the age of 9, in june 1983. Still after all these years in allmost prestine condition (considdering I as a kid read the article 100's of times...), and containing the still favorite combo of a black car with gold wheels.

IMG_2718.JPG

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had one of those 6 foot long posters of a Lamborghini countach on the wall next to my bed. Bought it at a book fair thing when I was in elementary school. It got ripped so I don't have it anymore and couldn't ever find another.

I had seen the Countach in the Cannonball movies and on various posters, but I don't think I was quite old enough to be mesmerized at the time. But when I saw the Diablo in Guinness book of records 1991 listed as the fastest car in the world, I was sold. This was the picture I think:

dia14.jpg

It seems you are posting/answering more and more on my behalf... ?? But yeah my fascination for cars indeed started with the Matchbox series.

Word goes that I could say the names of the car brands of those days even before saying mommy and daddy.... :D

Had one of those 6 foot long posters of a Lamborghini countach on the wall next to my bed. Bought it at a book fair thing when I was in elementary school. It got ripped so I don't have it anymore and couldn't ever find another.

Exactly the same!! The good old Countach Poster!

1987 60 Minutes Episode featuring Lamborghini. 10 years old at the time... and I knew I had to own one someday and meet "Valentino Balboni, who is licensed to drive at high speeds on these roads.."

Had a red Countach matchbox car with big wing as a 4 or 5 year old, the wing and most of the paint fell off it. Long gone now. I wrote a book about a fast red Lamborghini at age 5 or 6 at school.

It wasn't until hearing then seeing a Diablo roar then flash past me up Pitt street in the middle of Sydney late one summer afternoon did I really take notice. I heard what I thought to be a some kind of plane flying between the buildings coming from behind. (we had radial engined planes skycrop the farm back in the day) I turn around to see a silver Diablo flash past. There were no gearchanges. Pretty sure the driver maxed out 1st gear to the aural pleasure of anyone in the suburb. Scared the fcuk out of me.

when i was eighteen (in 1980...) i saw here in my little village a copper LP400S with tan interior, an enormous rear wing and a shouting Ansa sport exhaust, brand new: that thing looked like a Starship landed here for a route error.

I told myself "i must have one of that thing, i do not know when, but i will have it".

I waited for just 30 years and during that time i switched from copper to black and to 5000S, the most powerful model of the S series i saw in 1980: i'm too happy of this old scrap.

I do not remeber if that copper was an S1 or an S2, i do not remeber the rims shape, but it was gorgeous

ciao

It seems you are posting/answering more and more on my behalf... ?? But yeah my fascination for cars indeed started with the Matchbox series.

Word goes that I could say the names of the car brands of those days even before saying mommy and daddy.... :D

More and more? Just posted this since it is what got my head going. No offence intended.

Well I have always loved Lamborghini just like every kid did. I always thought they were nice but the price was just not worth it. Then in the about Spring/Winter of 2006 I got my first ride in a Lamborghini Murcielago. Ever since that day and joining this website(about the same time) I have decided average isnt good enough for me and have been learning as much as I can about business and thinking of an idea. I have something Im working on now, Im not sure if it will get me where I want to be. If not I will continue working on ideas. An income high enough to comfortably own the current body style Lamborghini is my goal.

My fascination with cars in general came from my dad who was and still is a huge petrolhead. He always took the time to explain stuff about cars to me, allowed me to drive on a closed stretch of road at a factory he used to own, that was the best time of the week :) Going to the factory! We also had a sort of a family tradition, he'd take me and my brother for a ride every time he got a new car which was pretty often back then :) I remember when he got a Maserati Quattroporte Biturbo I must have been 10 or 11 years old at the time, but I still remember the awesome feeling the turbos gave us when they kicked in. That car rocked, and my dad loved it! Kept it for a few good years even if it broke down a lot. :) I'm actually surprised I remember all this, I don't think about it often.

Needless to say I had every possible kind of model car as a kid, but I loved some more than others. Among them was my red Lamborghini Diablo made by a model car company called Burago. Loved that model car and I still have it somewhere around here.

And when I saw my first Lamborghini for real it was 1993, I was on vacation with my mother and brother in Paris, our hotel was on a street called Victor Hugo. Adjacent to this one was another boulevard that back then had a Lamborghini dealership although I don't recall the name of the street, but I know it was within walking distance. They had a yellow Diablo with beige interior (weird color combo, I know but that's how I remember it) inside and I begged my mother to go in and have a look. We went inside and the salesman there allowed us to take pictures of it, and I was THE COOLEST kid in school when I showed my classmates a picture of me next to the Diablo :)

I've loved Lambos ever since, and followed their evolution closely, and although I haven't had the privilege to own one just yet, I will pretty soon. There is always something higher up on my priority list it seems...

I'd love to attach the picture I mentioned above but I don't have it, it must be in some family album somewhere, but now that I remembered it I'm going to look for it, frame it and hang it somewhere on a wall. Or maybe I should put it in the garage after I have purchased my first Lambo. :)

Yep, same here.

For me it was a sunny day in 2002 when I visited Lamborghini Ohio for a day. (The one in Marysville, not MAG) Greg Nelson's niece was a friend and classmate and she suggested I shadow him for a day. So, after an afternoon of checking out Diablos and Countachs, one of their people took a shiny black/black 01 Diablo 6.0 out of the showroom and told me I could go for a ride with them. 0-160mph later, I was hooked for life.

Car: Countach

My dads friend had a red one when I was like 6.

Hot wheels

Cannonball Run

I had a build it your self remote control lp 400 when I was about 8. It had a wire going from the car to the controller so you had to run behind it. I loved that thing, I was totally obsessed with the shape and would stare and stare at it. After that cannon ball run, then there was a commercial which would play in NZ for some razors and there was a dude it in driving a countach. I can't remember it entirely but he's driving somewhere in Europe and drives over a bridge on which a cute girl is walking. He flips the lights up and down and honks the horns at her - I thought that was soooo suave!

My Dad always bought me die-cast cars when I was a kid; I was into cars & bikes from a very early age. One day he bought me a Corgi Lamborghini Miura in yellow; it wasn't the best model ever made, but it came with a plastic bull! Sadly, I no longer have it, but that's my earliest recollection of a Lamborghini & when I fell in love with them; I guess I was around 6 years old.

When I started to read about Sig. Lamborghini, the thing that struck me about him was his apparent "up yours" attitude towards the establishment, especially Ferrari. This struck a chord with me; being British, we tend to back the underdog. This attitude was not only public, but came across in the execution of his cars & indeed those that followed after he left the company.

For me, Lamborghini has always represented the slightly unhinged side of motoring; I love their cars in spite of their flaws, even perhaps because of them, as picked out with regular monotony by the press. To this day my favourite piece of automotive writing is Convoy by Mel Nichols which appeared in Car Magazine back in the 70's; the story of a Countach, Urraco & Silhouette being driven back to the UK. Awesome stuff.

I was at a sports sleep away camp for the first time around 10 y.o. I was really home sick and walked across campus to make a call home on the pay phone. After hearing my parents voice i was really upset and on my way out of the building starting my walk back I ran into the owner of the camp who offered to drive me back to the dorms, it was a considerable walk, and what car did he happen to be driving? a diablo. I immediately forgot about being home sick and fell in love. Unfortunately too young to remember enough details to figure which diablo it was, but I was hooked from that moment on on lamborghini's.