Tesla Model S

ris629

Unbelieveable! This is a great car. I will put it through its paces and write up something later. Charging the battery now!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unbelieveable! This is a great car. I will put it through its paces and write up something later. Charging the battery now!

CONGRATS SCOTTY!! I am very excited for your review!!!

:icon_thumleft: :monkeyleft: :icon_thumleft:

Going for a test-drive next week! European specs and prices not ready yet though, hope they come out soon!

I have a test drive scheduled in January. A friend of mine is having one delivered in the next few weeks. We are seriously considering replacing our X5 diesel with one when our lease is up next year.

Okay, the quick down and dirty version with more updates to follow. This car is freaking amazing, it is unbelievably fast, 0 to 60 in about four seconds. The interior is somewhat sparse and lacking, the large screen in the middle of the dash is a little obtrusive, as you just are not used to it. But it does look pretty cool and almost like something out of the future. The lack of bolsters in the seats is really my only major concern. The car, due to its acceleration capabilities as well as exceptional cornering and handling really needs a good bolstered seat. This would be my only complaint about the car thus far. Although a quick second, would be lack of cupholders in the backseat.

The key fobs looks like a small matchbox version of the car. It has three unidentifiable buttons on the top, one opens the front truck, the second one opens this the rear trunk and the third opens and locks the doors. When you approach the car with fob in your pocket the doorlatch projects out from the body of the car as they are flush when locked and driving. You grab the handle, it does not pull out, the door just opens. The car will light up the interior when you open the door, but the dash stays dark until you sit in the seat. Once in the seat the entire dash lights up and the car is now "on" there is no on or off switch or key. Since the car is now on you can push the Mercedes type gear shift on the column. Hit the accelerator and be surprised. Like I said this car is silly fast. Handling is very good for a sedan, I would equate it with some extremely nice BMWs or Mercedes. Suspension seems a little stiff, but the car is brand-new. I am noticing on the dash that there are some settings for ride height as well as suspension capability. I will play with these and see if they make a difference. That's enough for now, I'm going to do some more driving and test this thing out. I will follow up more later as well as will provide more pictures, but my initial impressions are extremely impressive and I am excited to own this vehicle as a daily driver

... my initial impressions are extremely impressive and I am excited to own this vehicle as a daily driver

That is a great first review! I look forward to more details! Can I fit two baby seats in the back? Is the trunk space decent? I am trying to find the best family sedan for me. If it is silly fast and interesting by your standards, it might just fit the bill! Thanks Scotty!

That is a great first review! I look forward to more details! Can I fit two baby seats in the back? Is the trunk space decent? I am trying to find the best family sedan for me. If it is silly fast and interesting by your standards, it might just fit the bill! Thanks Scotty!

You can fit 3 baby seats in the back easily and add the two rear facing seats....lol. The car does have a capacity of 5 adults and two children with the rear facing jump seats. Come on out and drive it on one of your trips west.

The trunk is huge, but remember since there is no motor...there is another huge trunk in the front!

post-15160-1355285480_thumb.jpg

post-15160-1355285517_thumb.jpg

post-15160-1355285561_thumb.jpg

You can fit 3 baby seats in the back easily and add the two rear facing seats....lol. The car does have a capacity of 5 adults and two children with the rear facing jump seats. Come on out and drive it on one of your trips west.

I'm in! I will try to get a test drive around here asap. This looks like the perfect solution for me! Congrats Again! Thanks Scotty! Pics look amazing! P.S. I will be in your area next week. I will PM you. Maybe we can get lunch or dinner.

I'm in! I will try to get a test drive around here asap. This looks like the perfect solution for me! Congrats Again! Thanks Scotty! Pics look amazing! P.S. I will be in your area next week. I will PM you. Maybe we can get lunch or dinner.

Perfect! Let me know the date as the calendar is booking up fast and I want to block it out.

That is a HOT car! Great color combination! Congrats! So, if you ever need it serviced, what's the deal? Is there a dealer in your area? I heard they will fly out techs if you run into initial problems. True?

That is a HOT car! Great color combination! Congrats! So, if you ever need it serviced, what's the deal? Is there a dealer in your area? I heard they will fly out techs if you run into initial problems. True?

Currently and with my Roadster they sent a technician out of Chicago at no charge. But what needs servicing? I got two software updates, thats it in the Two years I owned the Roadster. There is a new service sales Center opening this spring in Columbus, so I will no longer need to have them come in.

How would you rate the fit and finish?

Fit and finish is excellent and really tight. The dash materials and geometry look a little spacey thus it cheapens he look. The leather seats with alcantera inserts are sweet, but lack bolsters. Clearly Elon does not drive a sports car...... Exterior cannot be better in my mind for a sedan. Bought this for my wife, but I m seriously thinking of stealing it. :eusa_dance:

Nice Scotty, thanks for the write up!

Looking forward to hearing what it's like to live with, so far all I've seen are positive testimonials from those who have taken delivery thus far.

Congrats on the acquisition! I love the Model S. The car is much bigger than I thought it would be, but it is a serious piece of kit.

Minor detail, but do you notice whether or not you need to keep your foot down on the pedal to keep the car moving? I was told that the car decelerates significantly once it's off the pedal, moreso than an internal combustion engine.

Congrats on the acquisition! I love the Model S. The car is much bigger than I thought it would be, but it is a serious piece of kit.

Minor detail, but do you notice whether or not you need to keep your foot down on the pedal to keep the car moving? I was told that the car decelerates significantly once it's off the pedal, moreso than an internal combustion engine.

Absolutely true, it has an adjustable regenerative braking. Meaning, when you brake, energy is created and it is put back into the battery, like a generator. You need to feather the pedal right up to the stop. Letting off complexly will turn on the regenerative. I find you rarely use a brake unless at highway speeds.