1 Badass Mom

Moronzilla

Holy crap! Someone who owns a gun and knows how to use it (nor afraid). Can safely say I'd do the same for my family. Oregon law says the same. An intruder who has broken into your home authorizes use of deadly force.

Super unfortunate to hear about her husband though and horrible timing.

Super unfortunate to hear about her husband though and horrible timing.

widow with an infant child at the age of 18. sad.

58 year old husband... to an 18 year old with a child already. The whole event took roughly 21 minutes as well. Lots of weird things going on in the story. Good that she was able to defend herself though.

58 year old husband... to an 18 year old with a child already. The whole event took roughly 21 minutes as well. Lots of weird things going on in the story. Good that she was able to defend herself though.

Wondering if I was the only one that noticed that part. I guess when you look at the numbers its better than Heff marrying 22 year olds.

Glad she made it though ok and wont be charged.

Good outcome considering the circumstances. She has a lot of poise for a young woman under tremendous stress.

Strikes me as very odd that she was so calm on the phone with 911.

I'm not sure if its that badass, seeing as she was posing with guns for the press afterwards. Nothing to be proud of.

That might be the coolest part about it. You come in my house as a threat to me, my wife or my kids and your life is over. I'll take a Texas Grand jury any day of the week. Props to this woman.

That might be the coolest part about it. You come in my house as a threat to me, my wife or my kids and your life is over. I'll take a Texas Grand jury any day of the week. Props to this woman.

:iamwithstupid: F.UC.K YES ITS SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF.

I'm not sure if its that badass, seeing as she was posing with guns for the press afterwards. Nothing to be proud of.

Unless I missed something, I think she was reenacting what happened for the media, not posing with guns. IMO she should absolutely be proud of herself, her #1 responsibility is protecting her child, and that is what she did.

Good for her. I hope my wifey would have the same steady hand. (although i think we'd be in a ton of trouble...I love castle defence states)

My brother tests his wife on loading and unloading the handgun anytime he leaves for business trips. Make sure shes ready to pop off incase of emergency.

:iamwithstupid: icing on the cake.

:D Texas is a much more understanding state for that sort of thing, it's in states like California or New York where they will throw the book at you.