C7 Cor-POS leaked...

MHaynes772

Impressed.

I can't remember the Mantide front end, but for some reason Jason Castra-however you spell it, popped to mind.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A word about the transmissions – the optional Hydramatic six-speed carries the same model number as before – 6L80 – but incorporates a host of new internals, including revised gears, a different torque converter and active fuel management software.

More interestingly, the all-new seven-speed manual is a Tremec unit, and it incorporates rev-matching for both downshifts and upshifts (it's also defeatable via a steering-wheel paddle). We've seen rev-matching tech before, but generally such systems only goose the throttle on downshifts. This system is predictive, too, in that it "sees" which gate the gearshift lever is going and adjusts its response in anticipation. Engineers are particularly proud of the fact that they've gotten cylinder deactivation to play nice with the manual transmission (it might be the industry's first such application), as apparently it's much harder to get variable displacement technology to play without a torque converter to smooth out transitions

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/13/2014-ch...ere-is-to-know/

That has me confused. So it is still a true 3 pedal manual? How does the 'steering wheel paddle' play in. Is that just a term for an on off button or does it mean shifter paddles?

That has me confused. So it is still a true 3 pedal manual? How does the 'steering wheel paddle' play in. Is that just a term for an on off button or does it mean shifter paddles?

Yes, 3 pedals. The paddles are for the auto. The "button" to defeat the rev-match manual is on the wheel.

It's just like the 370z and 991 Carrera manuals that offer this feature also, it takes care of heel/toeing for you (pretty sweet btw).

I was a little thrown off by that as well. I think they meant by a button. Not sure why a manual would have a shifter and paddles.

Edit: Just read single paddle to activate/de-activate the rev match. Auto DOES have paddles.

Correct, likely just cheaper for GM to include the same column/wheel on all cars without needing another paddle-less SKU for just the manuals.

So here lies the problem. I like the car and would prob run down to the local dealer to buy one tomorrow. But if they don't arrive till Sept that gives me an awfully long time to talk myself out of it.

The design cues problem - is that the REASON you buy certain cars is to be unique, to not look like every other car out there. Unique design coupled with some awe-inspiring driving and handling is why you don't take it over any car. I get that they wil take certain design cues, but it seems like they just stole from Nissan here, instead of trying to be unique. Just my opinion though.

Complete package doesn't look anything like a GTR...

So here lies the problem. I like the car and would prob run down to the local dealer to buy one tomorrow. But if they don't arrive till Sept that gives me an awfully long time to talk myself out of it.

Plus it's probably going to be tough to get the car without paying above MSRP In year one, and that things like those sport seats are clearly part of optional packages that will similarly inflate the price tag to higher levels.

Can't see anyone in their right mind buying a first year GM product. This thing will be a recall magnet for the first while. Wait a year or two until they come out with a Zee Oh Six or ZR1 equivalent

Complete package doesn't look anything like a GTR...

:iamwithstupid:

GM did a great job with design compared to previous models. The interior is a big step up as well. It no longer looks like they took the interior from an entry level car and added leather to make it a Corvette interior.

Ok...great shot from the rear (mako's red, not the black) as when viewed from the side, the rear quarter is deceptively slabbed and flat. In the that shot, the taper and curve is apparent and makes all the difference.

holy shit !! i am in love with that look !! cant wait for the real deal Z-O-6 !!

bravo GM

:iamwithstupid:

Truly impressive.