What are u wearing

christiann

Not usually a fan of gold but that looks good!

:iamwithstupid: That thing is fcuking money! Very Nice.

I'd love an RB II, but it's so far out of my budget at this point it isn't even funny.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is more of what they did not do. I had my Montoya serviced and refinished, the refinish was terrible, comes back with the chrono not working. I sent it back twice as when it came back the first time, the chrono was still not working and the refinish was still shit. It took 1 year to get it right.

Same story with the shaq, chrono issues, does not get fixed right, had to go back 4 times before it became right.

Totally unacceptable.

Well, I guess this settles the Hublot vs AP debate :icon_butt: :icon_mrgreen:

I never had a problem with any of the 3 Hublots I own (knock on wood) :eusa_dance:

Well, I guess this settles the Hublot vs AP debate :icon_butt: :icon_mrgreen:

I never had a problem with any of the 3 Hublots I own (knock on wood) :eusa_dance:

It settles nothing, I have had problems with Patek service too. It is like they all suck. And the Hublot movement is like timex, no wonder you have no problems

• 3 weeks later...
considering this Hublot... wife tried to buy it for me for my birthday...

She's cheating on you an bought the BF an AP :icon_mrgreen:

That is only the beginning of his issues

Intervention maybe

I heard he has a thing for Oprah.

What's up with you guys not liking Hublot? I reviewed this thread and saw that I posted some months ago about not liking AP or Hublot, but now that I've discovered the King Power Hublots (48mm case), I'm looking around for the Rose Gold Unico watch with the rubber strap. I like the big case AP (like the Shaq), but they're a little out of my price range.

So again I ask, what's wrong with Hublot? Allan mentioned to me that they are shit on resale, but I'd love to pick up the model I want used, and I can't find one for under $30k.

What's up with you guys not liking Hublot? I reviewed this thread and saw that I posted some months ago about not liking AP or Hublot, but now that I've discovered the King Power Hublots (48mm case), I'm looking around for the Rose Gold Unico watch with the rubber strap. I like the big case AP (like the Shaq), but they're a little out of my price range.

So again I ask, what's wrong with Hublot? Allan mentioned to me that they are shit on resale, but I'd love to pick up the model I want used, and I can't find one for under $30k.

did you see this thread, very entertaining :icon_mrgreen:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...p;#entry1106969

Watches

I saw an Associate get picked off for sporting a new Daytona the week before bonus. A quick "if you want watches to matter, go work at Morgan Stanley" wiped that smirk right off his face.

#1: Wearing a Rolex is like driving an Audi. It says you've got some money, but nothing to say.

Thanks to Hank Paulson, Nike running watches and Livestrong bracelets were to 2004 what Lloyd's stubble beard has been to 2012-13. There are quite a few senior guys that still wear a Nike sport watch, intentionally, or even no watch at all.

#1: Not wearing a watch is the new Patek.

Forget all about Hublot. It’s a great way to tell people that you’re an idiot who has more money than taste. Hublot was a second-rate brand with third-rate craftsmanship until about 15 years ago when they arbitrarily doubled the price and started paying celebrities and sport figures to wear them. It's been a marketers wet dream.

#1: Hublot put the ‘whore’ in ‘horology’

Heard the expression "haters gonna hate"?

Hublot is awesome! Sure, they are no Patek or RM, but in general they cost much more and the Patek makes you look older than AllanLAMO, a not so good thing..

I have 3 Hublots and I love them all, they are innovative in their materials, I can't give a ratsass about what type of mechanism is in the Watch more than how I like the looks/feel of them. Just as with a car, I shop with my heart when I shop for watches.

People paying millions for ugly tourbillions makes me wonder why? To each his own I guess.

Good luck in your search!

It's considered to have inferior movement for a high end timepiece and is more of a staple of "new money"/fashion oriented as opposed to having the prestige and better movement compared to some of it's competitors (Patek for instance). It's honestly dependent on what you're looking to use the watch for, if you really like it and just want to wear it all around because of that, go for it...for 'investment' or premium movement, you'd want to look elsewhere.

I suppose it could be considered like the Hyundai Genesis coupe being compared to a Mercedes C-class coupe, if that makes sense...it can do it all, the prices are similar, but in the end, the Mercedes has the prestige, quality and better internals for a sport-luxury coupe.

For curiosity's sake, can someone list out a few (if there are more than one) AP pieces that have 48mm+ cases? I already have a 44m watch and I don't want another one that size, which is borderline small for me.

I may end up with the Hublot, who knows. Regardless of the reasons why it isn't on the same level with AP or Patek, I like it, and that's what important. And on that note, I understand that Patek is a high level watch, but I don't care for them at all. I'd never wear one or buy one - they just aren't my style with their thin 38mm cases. They look tiny and weird on my wrist.

It's considered to have inferior movement for a high end timepiece...

Is this also true of their Unico movement watches?

Is this also true of their Unico movement watches?

From my understanding, their Unico movement watches are actually much better and a cut above the rest of their stuff. I don't know if it's the greatest, but it's a step in the right direction. I think the problem with the Unico isn't completely with the movement (But there is still more to be done to make it perfect...room for improvement), but the fact that Hublot has to mend it's reputation with regards to it's movement.

I came across this that may interest you: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/new-arriva...ive-947412.html