What are u wearing

christiann

How much is this ? Regardless of the discount you get, be prepared to own it for life as resale is very tough, especially if it pricey. A TAG Tourbillon is not a highly desirable collectible so if you ever get tired of it, you will pretty much have to give it away

It's $21k, not too concerned about resale.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

$21k for a tourbillon?! Wow! Not too concerned is right. :icon_thumleft:

Yeah I just placed an order. They weren't willing to discount it, but I've always been a tag fan and not really looking at resale value anyways if it does tank. Here is some more info on the watch: http://www.calibre11.com/the-inside-story-...000-tourbillon/

They are making 750 of the regular tourbillon and 250 pieces of the phantom black. The regular one is priced at $15,950 and $21,300 for the phantom.

Ok RG AP GP watch for you AP lovers

Is that pic a subtle way of letting us know you got a 488 or did I miss the new car thread? BTW, stunning AP.

Is that pic a subtle way of letting us know you got a 488 or did I miss the new car thread? BTW, stunning AP.

:iamwithstupid:

Congrats dtrax! Hope you are well!

What are your thoughts on Blancpain?

I have an opportunity on a 42mm platinum case leather strap split second perpetual calendar moonphase. Like new w/ box and papers. Retail 66k, wants 20k. Limited xx/100 watches.

I have an opportunity on a 42mm platinum case leather strap split second perpetual calendar moonphase. Like new w/ box and papers. Retail 66k, wants 20k. Limited xx/100 watches.

Lovely watches, the sale price gives you a good indication on how soft the resale is on them . Do you have pictures of the watch ? At 20k , if you love it, you cannot go wrong

I like the brand and their products seem fine & reliable. Their original styling looks delicate and perhaps a bit fragile but it's also very elegant. The past few years, they had taken a more rugged/sporty look but the calibre is more or less the same. Personally, I prefer the elegance over the sporty look as their "sportiness" just cannot compare to the looks of the ROO, Big Bang, Submariner, Yachtmaster etc... The Blancpain 1735 is very cool and so are its derivatives of the less complicated movements but overall, again, they just cannot compete with the Big 3. Like daddy said, its retail vs. its current asking price tells you about its realistic resale value. I also agree that at 20k, if you like it, get it. No big.

It is like this, but the one I am trying to get is platinum not rose gold. Sorry this is not my picture.

Screen_Shot_2016_02_05_at_2.13.17_PM.png

^Yup, trickled down technology from the 1735. Keep in mind that being platinum, the case would be a lot softer than yellow/white/rose gold so you might need to be careful when you wear it.

I talked to my watch dealer a few days ago. Lots of preowned high end watches are coming from Russia now. Due to the economy in Russia.

You guys know your stuff. Any ideas what a Big Bang 1 of 25 Ferrari skeleton UAE edition is worth? I ask because I'm not very familiar with Hublot and they seem to depreciate more than twice as fast as ROOs at half the price. Even this limited edition seems cheap but really looks cool!

You guys know your stuff. Any ideas what a Big Bang 1 of 25 Ferrari skeleton UAE edition is worth? I ask because I'm not very familiar with Hublot and they seem to depreciate more than twice as fast as ROOs at half the price. Even this limited edition seems cheap but really looks cool!

How much do you love it ? I don't know the value but you should not buy if you don't get it for 30% off MSRP . I don't like Hublot's period and would never buy one but I have to admit some of them look nice

This one should be interesting: Big Bang Unico Sapphire.

IMO, regrettably, I think it looks like a glorified Swatch (sapphire case vs. plastic, titanium vs. steel) and I'm not sure if the Unico movement is any superior. One thing for sure: can't bloody read it!

hublot_big_bang_unico_sapphire_1.jpg

How much do you love it ? I don't know the value but you should not buy if you don't get it for 30% off MSRP . I don't like Hublot's period and would never buy one but I have to admit some of them look nice

I don't generally like them either but this particular one looks good rather than an AP knockoff. I'll find out msrp. Thanks.