nuclear test in north korea?

emanon

I am so sick and tired of eating birds and having my roof fall down. I'm moving to North Korea

Shut up and pass me a cup of snow.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wYCKySR.png

I read that with the voice of Morgan Freeman. Epicness level x 10.

The fat boy needs to be taught a lesson, it takes a lot more than having a dead dictator as a father in order to play with the grown ups.

The fat boy needs to be taught a lesson, it takes a lot more than having a dead dictator as a father in order to play with the grown ups.

I wonder the things we would do to him if we were given the opportunity?

I don't take lightly to seeing photos of his smiling little fat face while his people greatly suffer. I would love to feed him to the dogs.

I would love to feed him to the dogs.

that would be a nice role reversal! Lol

He was educated in Bern Switzerland. He knows the capabilities of the first world. I have to imagine there is more to this game he is playing.

that would be a nice role reversal! Lol

He was educated in Bern Switzerland. He knows the capabilities of the first world. I have to imagine there is more to this game he is playing.

I think the biggest concern is, who is actually in charge. Fatboy could be just a figurehead, the transition from what I have read wasn't really managed that well. This posturing could be more for internal consumption. I always thought the next nuclear exchange would be in the middle east, now I am not so sure. At some point the Chinese have to step in and rein these idiots in. Sucks since my wife is SK. Seoul and Japan are the ones going to pay the bill if they light the fuse.

Do SK and Japan have any sort of defense system?

I hope they are just empty threats and the Fatboy will not go through with it.

No way Kim will strike first. Since he canot provide his people with food, the only thing that keeps his regime in charge is the protection of the people from the evil enemy USA. Sending F-22s and B2s his way nicely kept that image of the war-mongering threatening Yankees in place. He will never wage a war that will inevitably wipe him out entirely. It's only a lose-lose situation, since I'm sure when it effectively comes to war, he will be able to kill thousands if not millions before they take him out.

North Korea's first strike landed here apparently, happily it did not go off, and was quite small in size.

1365163267-8ad09ec-1.540x405.jpg

No way Kim will strike first. Since he canot provide his people with food, the only thing that keeps his regime in charge is the protection of the people from the evil enemy USA. Sending F-22s and B2s his way nicely kept that image of the war-mongering threatening Yankees in place. He will never wage a war that will inevitably wipe him out entirely. It's only a lose-lose situation, since I'm sure when it effectively comes to war, he will be able to kill thousands if not millions before they take him out.

The fear from what I understand is that he may back himself into a corner that leads to war, because if he tries to push his luck by thinking he strike South Korea in some fashion (as NK did not too long ago), if they strike back equally or even harder, than he will either look like a clown or have to strike back in retaliation, thus war. However, China would not want that regime to fall, because then they end up with a bunch of North Korean refugees possibly pouring across their border, and also with a strong U.S. ally (and U.S. military presence) directly across their border. So hopefully they can keep NK in line as they provide them with lots of support.

The fear from what I understand is that he may back himself into a corner that leads to war, because if he tries to push his luck by thinking he strike South Korea in some fashion (as NK did not too long ago), if they strike back equally or even harder, than he will either look like a clown or have to strike back in retaliation, thus war. However, China would not want that regime to fall, because then they end up with a bunch of North Korean refugees possibly pouring across their border, and also with a strong U.S. ally (and U.S. military presence) directly across their border. So hopefully they can keep NK in line as they provide them with lots of support.

While it is not quite the same, think back to Iraq, the US was making bogus claims about weapons of mass destruction and due to local neighborhood politics Sadaam would not come clean about how weak he truly was thus it lead to war because he miscalculated how stupid Cheney and Bush were.

It doesn't matter what we do or SK does, NK state run media is more than capable of filling in the gaps to craft whatever story the regime wants to project internally. They are completely cut off from the outside world.

While it is not quite the same, think back to Iraq, the US was making bogus claims about weapons of mass destruction and due to local neighborhood politics Sadaam would not come clean about how weak he truly was thus it lead to war because he miscalculated how stupid Cheney and Bush were.

Saddam certainly had manufactured weapons of mass destruction. He had used them on more than one occasion in the past. Why no stockpiles of those weapons were found (as opposed to programs in place related to those weapons, many of which were in fact found) is an interesting question with many possible answers. Some believe they were shipped to Syria or another destination prior to the invasion, others believe that Saddam was deceived by his top aides into believing they had WMD's they no longer had at that time, etc. But what is not debatable is that 1) Saddam did not "come clean" or cooperate with the U.N. on the issue to demonstrate his compliance with the agreements he made after the first Gulf War; and 2) every reputable intelligence agency in the world believed he still had WMD's. That's the primary reason Congress voted to authorize the use of force in Iraq, and why most of the Dems were tripping over each other to get to the TV cameras in early 2003 to explain why they voted for the use of force and why Saddam was a threat and had to go.

Someone can certainly have a good faith belief that going to war with Iraq was a bad idea, for any number of reasons, but if anyone believes the Democratic BS about Bush and Cheney "lying" to everyone they are horrendously ill-informed. It not only didn't happen, it isn't even possible (top Congressional leaders don't get their intelligence info from the White House, and damn sure wouldn't rely on the President's word to make a decision on whether to go to war). Once things began to drag along over there and the war became politically unpopular, the Dems latched onto the failure to find stockpiles of WMD's as a way to explain their votes and blame everything on Bush. Which is one of the most cynical, dishonorable and disgusting things I've seen happen in Washington in my lifetime. I have way more respect for Code Pink and the other members of the virulently anti-war crowd than I do for the Democrats who went along with that crock of crap (or the media who was complicit in it).