Something horrible has happened at the boston marathon

Roman

Bomb in a mailbox?

LYLAOac.jpg

That doesn't look like exactly the same location to me (based on the position of the trees, etc.), but the large trashcan (I'm assuming that's what that is) beside the mailbox seems like a more likely possibility if that's in fact where a bomb was.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't look like exactly the same location to me (based on the position of the trees, etc.), but the large trashcan (I'm assuming that's what that is) beside the mailbox seems like a more likely possibility if that's in fact where a bomb was.

I agree. The mailbox was at the lightpost, the red circle pic has the circle several feet away. They stated this morning that it was a shrapnel bomb. Wouldn't a metal box like the mailbox hinder the desired result for the psycho?

A garbage can, especially plastic would have been much better.

Bomb in a mailbox?

LYLAOac.jpg

? Is the first picture from the first explosion or the second? The area of the first blast was set up with K rails and metal and wooden scaffolding and the flags.... And that blast came from about ten feet away from curb...

Jpegs - those two images you posted are of two the different locations - not the same location.

These bombs cant fit in a mailbox slot... You cant get anything bigger than an envelope in them any more....

It's being reported they were pressure cooker IEDs located in duffel bags.

Pressure cookers are big... Thats not a very big bang for that much volume.... Has to be gunpowder.

Been following LP, Boston, and other news outlets. Horrible attack, I couldn't believe it when I heard. It brings back those eerie feelings from 2001. Video seems surreal watching it unfold. Pictures are horrific.

RIP to the victims and I hope those hurt can recover and move on as an example of the resolve of humanity.

*The lady in the blue shirt at the bottom of the photograph posted earlier (page 6 of the thread) looks a lot like the newest victim the media has been able to ID. Looks very much like Krystle Campbell, 29 years old. The hair and eye color are quite the match. RIP.

1st if the guy they are questioning is involved then isn't it about fu..ing time to put an

end to the "student visas" ? These fuc..rs are always here on student visas!

2nd why so little damage? Not to sound cold, i feel for the victims and this is a horrible event,

but with crowds like that wouldn't it be easy to really to do a lot more damage? As bad as this is, i was expecting more casualties.

3rd God bless the families.

1st if the guy they are questioning is involved then isn't it about fu..ing time to put an

end to the "student visas" ? These fuc..rs are always here on student visas!

He was determined to be a witness/victim, no longer a person of interest.

Been following LP, Boston, and other news outlets. Horrible attack, I couldn't believe it when I heard. It brings back those eerie feelings from 2001. Video seems surreal watching it unfold. Pictures are horrific.

RIP to the victims and I hope those hurt can recover and move on as an example of the resolve of humanity.

*The lady in the blue shirt at the bottom of the photograph posted earlier (page 6 of the thread) looks a lot like the newest victim the media has been able to ID. Looks very much like Krystle Campbell, 29 years old. The hair and eye color are quite the match. RIP.

Yep... Looks like her... Damn.

Yep... Looks like her... Damn.

And to beat it all, people at the hospital told her parents that she had survived but that her friend she was with had been killed, and then when the parents were taken to the hospital room they realized that the patient in the bed was the friend, not their daughter, and started asking where their daughter was. That is beyond words.

And to beat it all, people at the hospital told her parents that she had survived but that her friend she was with had been killed, and then when the parents were taken to the hospital room they realized that the patient in the bed was the friend, not their daughter, and started asking where their daughter was. That is beyond words.

In such volatile and horrible circumstances mistakes happen. It's awful regardless. I wouldn't want to be those parents or the hospital staff. Such a terrible situation all around.

In such volatile and horrible circumstances mistakes happen. It's awful regardless. I wouldn't want to be those parents or the hospital staff. Such a terrible situation all around.

Agreed. Not blaming the hospital, just feel so bad for the parents.

How the fcuk does something like that get on the other side of that Krail and nobody realizes it....

How does it not take out the trash can next to it? This is the 2nd bomb, correct? The one farthest away from the finish line? Which one injured the most people?

Aren't postal bins bolted down? I'm sure it has some dings, scratches and possibly holes. But that kind of blast isn't going to move that. I'm betting I really don't want to see the unblurred version of that pic

Something is very fcuking wrong with this photo.... Im not sure if the bag past the barricade is a bomb.... In fact, based on how the barricade is bent, it cant be... The bomb is in the patio area...

But look at the focus of those two photos.... It isnt on the race.... Its on the fcuking spot that is about to be the target of a terrorist attack....

The camera does not appear to move at all in the second photo... Which means its locked fcuking down... Focused on that fcuking spot.... Magnification doesnt change... The frame doesnt change at all.... I want to know who took these photos.

How does it not take out the trash can next to it? This is the 2nd bomb, correct? The one farthest away from the finish line? Which one injured the most people?

Yes- 2nd bomb.

Something is very fcuking wrong with this photo.... Im not sure if the bag past the barricade is a bomb.... In fact, based on how the barricade is bent, it cant be... The bomb is in the patio area...

But look at the focus of those two photos.... It isnt on the race.... Its on the fcuking spot that is about to be the target of a terrorist attack....

The camera does not appear to move at all in the second photo... Which means its locked fcuking down... Focused on that fcuking spot.... Magnification doesnt change... The frame doesnt change at all.... I want to know who took these photos.

It isn't, if you look at that steel barricade it's folded around the mailbox in the opposite direction. It looks like the blast came from somewhere between the guard rail and the patio barrier. From the looks of that bent black table thing in the patio, it was probably closer to that side.

Oh and don't underestimate those mailboxes or commercial trash cans, they are built better than they look.

It isn't, if you look at that steel barricade it's folded around the mailbox in the opposite direction. It looks like the blast came from somewhere between the guard rail and the patio barrier. From the looks of that bent black table thing in the patio, it was probably closer to that side.

Oh and don't underestimate those mailboxes or commercial trash cans, they are built better than they look.

That doesnt explain why somebody is taking photos of a fcuking restaurant where a bomb is about to go off while a marathon is going on....

Sometimes the hired event photographers have cameras at weird angles like that. I know the photos from Tough Mudder were not at angles I would always expect. Hopefully it isn't something like you're thinking though. Whoever it was had to be snapping at just the right time.