Looks like GoldRush Rallly will be flying missing man formation tomorrow

Rouleur

Boom...

1000425_10151969836838626_518828705_n.jpg

Ronnie Renaldi took the picture. Wanted to make sure he was tagged.

Boom...

1000425_10151969836838626_518828705_n.jpg

Ronnie Renaldi took the picture. Wanted to make sure he was tagged.

Looks survivable. Did just the car get killed?

An out-of-state couple walked away from a wreck Thursday afternoon that left a black McLaren sports car destroyed.

According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, Hsinho Chen, of Massachusetts, was driving at a high rate of speed east on Interstate 30 near Mt. Vernon when he lost control of his car. Chen said that a large truck pulled in front of him in the left passing lane so he went into the center median. He then veered from the left lane to the right lane, into a ditch and under a fence. The sports car then became airborne and crashed into Discount Storage. The crash occurred just before exit 146 near Highway 37. Chen was ticketed for reckless driving.

Chen and his passenger, Olivia Guley, of California, were participating in the goldRush Rally. The cars in the rally left Dallas this morning and were headed to their next stop, Memphis, TN.

http://www.kltv.com/story/22586909/high-pr...er-crash-in-etx

Small joke for those who read the POS Agera thread:

Nobody fvcks with BC!!!!!!11 Except some truck driver and a storage building ;)

Small joke for those who read the POS Agera thread:

Nobody fvcks with BC!!!!!!11 Except some truck driver and a storage building ;)

:lol2: :lol2: :icon_thumleft:

And yes, i immediately searched for pics of her....

I'm interested in the "He is ok, that is really all the matter part". I am with you on that, don't get me wrong, but this guy almost killed me and my buddy on this rally last year in his Bugatti. I mean that, 100%, he passed us on a two lane road with an oncoming semi truck and when he cut back in, he could not have fit a pubic hair between his left rear quarter and that truck. We had a line of 20 cars behind us moving at a good clip. If he had taken out the left front of that semi, it would have taken out every single car behind it with absolute certainty.

When is enough actually enough. I have no problem with the drag race videos when no one is around, no qualms with the top speed runs when the roads are empty or clear, but this stuff happens way too often and with zero regard for anyone else's safety. The FB comments from the rally were completely dismissive. The coordinator said that everyone was a drama starter or a hater and that he was simply "cut off" by a truck. Well, last I checked, motor vehicles changing lanes in traffic didn't have to anticipate other road users busting high triple digit speeds in the passing lane before they made their lane change.

I am sure, without doubt, that Ben is a "good guy". I am not saying he is not. I am just pointing out that there is a time and a place, he seems to be pretty adept at picking all the wrong ones. When does it end, when he takes out half a rally or a mini van full of kids on the way home from 6 flags? I don't want to discourage vigorous road use, just to have at least some modicum of responsibility and foresight when doing so. Oh, and when you fcuk up big time, don't have your PR person call the people that call your ass to the carpet "drama starters" or "haters".

is this the same ben that had the verde heffy GTT that lived in vegas?

that was a brand new spider :(

I believe the Vegas guy is someone else.

This is the Veyron, SLR, Koenigsegg, etc. etc. B.C.

I did the Tampa, Naples, Miami section of Gold Rush last year, met Ben, super nice guy. When you have that kind of money, you can afford to be a little nuts. He is a true player.

I did the Tampa, Naples, Miami section of Gold Rush last year, met Ben, super nice guy. When you have that kind of money, you can afford to be a little nuts. He is a true player.

Like I said, no doubt in my mind he is a nice and generous and affluent guy. I didn't hang out with him, but he seemed like a good dude from the very limited interaction I had with him. I have never heard anything bad about him. I have to ask though, does his wealth, in your opinion, give him carte blanche to act in a manner that seriously endagers the lives of others? I am not trying to be confrontational, but the comment about him being able to afford to be a little nuts, well, I don't know what price you can put on the lives of another, but I don't think he has that kind of bank roll (if it even exists, really). Not trying to jump on a soapbox, but it seems because someone is a nice guy, has amassed a seriously large amount of wealth and hangs out on a forum a lot, he is given a free pass. I don't think I would be afforded that pass, not here, nor would anyone else.

He does, also, seem to be a large contributor to the exotic community. He buys everything that is super substantial on the new car end. His experience with these cars is enviable and extremely impressive. Picking his brain on this stuff would be amazing, I just hate to see something horrible happen that didn't have to.

Which car were you in on the GoldRush last year?

I've spoken to BC on the internet a lot, seems like a good guy. This is the reason I don't do any of these rallies, everyone drives like a maniac, and over such a long distance its only a matter of time till something happens.

Like I said, no doubt in my mind he is a nice and generous and affluent guy. I didn't hang out with him, but he seemed like a good dude from the very limited interaction I had with him. I have never heard anything bad about him. I have to ask though, does his wealth, in your opinion, give him carte blanche to act in a manner that seriously endagers the lives of others? I am not trying to be confrontational, but the comment about him being able to afford to be a little nuts, well, I don't know what price you can put on the lives of another, but I don't think he has that kind of bank roll (if it even exists, really). Not trying to jump on a soapbox, but it seems because someone is a nice guy, has amassed a seriously large amount of wealth and hangs out on a forum a lot, he is given a free pass. I don't think I would be afforded that pass, not here, nor would anyone else.

He does, also, seem to be a large contributor to the exotic community. He buys everything that is super substantial on the new car end. His experience with these cars is enviable and extremely impressive. Picking his brain on this stuff would be amazing, I just hate to see something horrible happen that didn't have to.

Which car were you in on the GoldRush last year?

I was in my Performante as I hosted one of the camera dudes and the top off helped a lot. The GTR was also a buddy of mine. As for BC, I am not condoning the reckless driving and putting us all in danger. I too try to avoid these events as everyone drives like a maniac. Fun to be there but reality sets in and it is dangerous. However the decadence in the clubs is super crazy with these guys. Not dangerous for observers like the driving........lol.