Car show

megachad

Words of wisdom, you're showing your age. :icon_mrgreen:

Maybe you can learn something from my old bones . :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You also have to know and respect that guys have "shown off" their cars ever since cars have been around. It is something you should be able to do if you want and should be able to do it without someone damaging your property. They are not always about ego imo. Legally, what can you do? Erik maybe?

Maybe you can learn something from my old bones . :icon_mrgreen:

This is a case where putting the 's' on 'bones', really changed the meaning of the sentence.

Sorry if repost and not exactly a car show...but the "Aventador reaction videos" show similar disrespect from the general public for other people's property. This guy is kind of asking for it by leaving the door open and putting a go pro camera on the car...but look at the girl at 15:55..."hey camera I'm gonna sit in your fcuking car". Then their reaction at 16:50. WTF.

I am sorry to hear that your car was damaged. Nothing sucks more than going to an event to hang out with fellow enthusiasts and share your pride and joy only to have some inconsiderate, disrespectful individual (regardless of age) show absolute disregard for your property. I know that much of the general public has no idea whats involved with owning a exotic or collectable car and most could care less, but I have to agree that in recent years the utterly obnoxious, go out of my way to mess with you attitude has hit an all time high. I too am at a point where I don't even want to go to the local Cars and Coffee because it has become less about hanging out with like minded car enthusiast and more about hoards of people coming from all around to check out the cool exotics. There have even been recent comments from non-participants on the C&C Facebook page sharing their disappointment that the event was less interesting because not enough exotics showed up (I wonder why?). At two recent 'private' events I had uninvited guests attempt to open my cars to help themselves. The more recent occasion, I intentionally left the driver side door of the Aventador open so people could look in. I stood near the car to keep an eye out for people who are convinced that they need to look with their hands. A teenager walks up to my car after I saw him slamming the door on someone else's F360. Not knowing if he owned or knew the owner of the F360, I kept an eye on him as he approached my car. He walks around to driver side and looks in and doesn't touch the car, but then proceeds to walk around to the passenger side and starts forcefully pulling on the handle which was closed and locked. I walk up behind him and caused him to jump out of his skin when I told him in a very stern (i am about to knock your ass out) tone that I appreciate you not touching anyones car and there was nothing in my car that he couldn't see from the drivers side, which was open for that very reason. I think going forward I will keep my participation to get-togethers with small groups of friends and closed to the public events. Sad but it only takes one experience like this were something gets damaged to forever ruin your future experiences.

:iamwithstupid:

I don't do car shows period. I find them to be organized show off and I cannot think of anything more boring than to sit around your car talking nonsense to people I could not give 2 shits about.

I enjoy meeting up with a group of friends to go do a drive somewhere...I hate being in a lot for more than 10 minutes. I've met some cool people through car shows, but I do agree, more and more I'm less a fan of the shows and just prefer to do things on my own or with a small group.

I am sorry to hear that your car was damaged. Nothing sucks more than going to an event to hang out with fellow enthusiasts and share your pride and joy only to have some inconsiderate, disrespectful individual (regardless of age) show absolute disregard for your property. I know that much of the general public has no idea whats involved with owning a exotic or collectable car and most could care less, but I have to agree that in recent years the utterly obnoxious, go out of my way to mess with you attitude has hit an all time high. I too am at a point where I don't even want to go to the local Cars and Coffee because it has become less about hanging out with like minded car enthusiast and more about hoards of people coming from all around to check out the cool exotics. There have even been recent comments from non-participants on the C&C Facebook page sharing their disappointment that the event was less interesting because not enough exotics showed up (I wonder why?). At two recent 'private' events I had uninvited guests attempt to open my cars to help themselves. The more recent occasion, I intentionally left the driver side door of the Aventador open so people could look in. I stood near the car to keep an eye out for people who are convinced that they need to look with their hands. A teenager walks up to my car after I saw him slamming the door on someone else's F360. Not knowing if he owned or knew the owner of the F360, I kept an eye on him as he approached my car. He walks around to driver side and looks in and doesn't touch the car, but then proceeds to walk around to the passenger side and starts forcefully pulling on the handle which was closed and locked. I walk up behind him and caused him to jump out of his skin when I told him in a very stern (i am about to knock your ass out) tone that I appreciate you not touching anyones car and there was nothing in my car that he couldn't see from the drivers side, which was open for that very reason. I think going forward I will keep my participation to get-togethers with small groups of friends and closed to the public events. Sad but it only takes one experience like this were something gets damaged to forever ruin your future experiences.

Agreed. It is an absolute joke how people treat others property.. I was so afraid to get within 1 foot of anyones car when I was a kid. Even if it was a rust bucket. It wasn't mine so I had no right to even accidentally brush up on another's car.. Sad how no one seems to give a shit anymore. The parents are for sure to blame.. fcuking losers..

I was sitting at a stoplight in my Murcie and a random person opened my passenger door and sat in my car and just started talking to me. I was like who are you? As far as car shows go I have had people open my doors and sit inside without asking, but most people will find me and ask if it is ok and I have no problem if you just ask. In the end I want other people to enjoy the car as much as i do, and if it gets damaged that is why I have insurance. No need to get upset.

I was sitting at a stoplight in my Murcie and a random person opened my passenger door and sat in my car and just started talking to me. I was like who are you? As far as car shows go I have had people open my doors and sit inside without asking, but most people will find me and ask if it is ok and I have no problem if you just ask. In the end I want other people to enjoy the car as much as i do, and if it gets damaged that is why I have insurance. No need to get upset.

I disagree. Accidents and malicious damage are why you have insurance...neither of which should occur in a controlled environment like a car show. People that go to shows to see cars should have respect for the cars...in the same way visitors to an art exhibit aren't going to poke at the painting or pick up the artifact to see how heavy it is.

You have a better appreciation and understanding for your car than most. You've done a ton of work yourself and know what it's like to be on the other side. It makes a difference.

Sadly, people like this is why Crystal Cove turned into such a clusterfuck and ended up moving to another property. It went from a bunch of guys hanging out to a god damn public spectacle. Hell I remember some kids getting busted for stealing peoples valve caps there years ago.

I still can't believe people have the balls to walk up to someone elses (6 figure $$ none the less) car, open the door and sit down. I mean seriously, the parents need a kick in the head more so than the kids for raising them this way.

We should really just reverse the roles one day. Half a dozen of us go to one of these events, stake out the gross offenders, and turn the tide on them. When they go to leave, find a couple of us sitting on the roof of their POS playing go-fish. Oh, i'm sorry, is it not ok to sit on YOUR car too? :lol2:

fcuking assholes

I just remembered at the GIRO when I was driving in the car park for he first day gathering, some weirdo jumped the barricade opened the passenger door and jumped in, he refused to get out until I got to the spot I had to park :eusa_wall:

So Gumball was driving through Poland this year. No surprise.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I would of kicked that fat nasty bitch right in her pussy!

What is it with people? This is crazy shit. I remember seeing some dudes in Beverly Hills just dragging their hands down the sides of Dijon's (yes pun intended) ugly-ass yellow Drophead. I called the dude out and couldn't believe NO one batted an eye at it.

I didn't even mention my 8yo boy was with me and he was fending people off like crazy. He was more protective of the car than me. He worried himself into a stomach ache. Looking back it was a joke. Too many people that assumed the cars were there for their amusement. I was on the passenger side and kid about 10yo with a buddy were trying to open my driver door. I had to scream at him 5 times before he even looked up.. The door was locked and he couldn't get in (i locked the car after the first incident) but that didn't stop him.. I am just so glad I wasn't close enough to wack him one.

Really sucks reading all these bad stories

I've just had people follow me home and ask if they could see my cars.. hope I never have fat bitches sit on the car

Worked at a Lambo dealer for many years. There could be 20 cars in the showroom and if you left one of them unlocked and were in your office for several minutes...there would be a good chance someone would be sitting in the car. They would pull on every door handle until they found one open. People with key chains dangling from their belts not even paying attention. Don't even get me started on picture taking and leaning and sitting on cars.

There were many respectful people also.

So disappointing to read these (negative) stories. I've not had the experience (yet).

We only do a couple shows with the Lambo and the occasional cars & coffee. So far everyone has been respectful, and we've not had any negative incidents.

For me - it's not about "showing off". It's about connecting with people and seeing their positive reactions. I've only met a few jerks. The overwhelming majority smile, think it's great that it gets driven, and ask a few questions. Never had anyone attempt to sit in it without asking.

The downside - I never walk away from the car, and can't enjoy the rest of the show because I'm afraid of what COULD happen (based on all the stories I've read).

Sharing it with people makes me smile. It's the only reason I'd do it. I supposed if I have a negative experience it'll be my last show.

I didn't even mention my 8yo boy was with me and he was fending people off like crazy. He was more protective of the car than me. He worried himself into a stomach ache. Looking back it was a joke. Too many people that assumed the cars were there for their amusement. I was on the passenger side and kid about 10yo with a buddy were trying to open my driver door. I had to scream at him 5 times before he even looked up.. The door was locked and he couldn't get in (i locked the car after the first incident) but that didn't stop him.. I am just so glad I wasn't close enough to wack him one.

You should've just jumped in the car and leave.

You should've just jumped in the car and leave.

From what I could see of the show,they had the cars parked on the grass at the park and there were several rows deep that would have to move to let you get to thr street. People everywhere.

It looked like once you were in,you were in until it was over.

People are crazy! Even if someone hires me to take photos of their car 99% of the time I will ask to make sure they are ok with me sitting in it (passenger or drivers seat). I was at an event a year go and while everyone was inside eating breakfast I forgot my phone in the car. I walk out to see an Hispanic family walk from the sonic next door to the restaurant the cars were at. Pull on 3 Lambo doors before opening up a Gallardo. Sit in it and take a photo. Then walk away. I honestly couldn't believe my eyes.

I typed it wrong. It's a diablo SV he has not a murci sv and a prowler and you know him.

Yeah, I know him - but the question remains. What was the outcome? What did he do? Any recourse?

This is why I don't take my exotics out for car shows. One of my other automotive hobbies is lowriders, particularly x-frame Impalas. My car club participates in several shows throughout the year and we always set up a display to help put people away. However, when I think about it, I've yet to have an issue with people messing with my Chevys.

However, I have had several incidents with my Lambos where people got too close and touchy feely. So strange that folks respect what they perceive to be attainable (although few will ever own such a caliber of classic) and shit on what they know they'll never afford.