Porsche CGT 2004-2005

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats amazing! Yes, lets all get together soon!

David could come to the go-kart event, but then he'd kick our asses a little too much.

I wish I was able to have both!

but honestly if I could only pick one, I would still go with the mp4.

for me its the best of all worlds wrapped up in one car.

both great cars with a totally different experience.

Im sure the Mp4 is more useable, and easier to get the performance from.. But the CGT is a Supercar, and an investment, while the MP4 is a depreciating asset. But hey, we all buy cars for different reasons, your Mp4 is bad ass!

you guys are making me miss my old car :(

ill have another one soon!

Man you sold it SO fast, and now you love-slurp that coddled/electronic-nanny/turn-anyone-into-Senna MP4...where are your balls Bill, what happened to you! :icon_mrgreen:

Looking forward to seeing how this latest Allan obsession goes. Analog ftw.

you guys are making me miss my old car :(

ill have another one soon!

verde_cgt.jpg

That car is stunning, I still can not believe you've dumped it for a MP4.

Man you sold it SO fast, and now you love-slurp that coddled/electronic-nanny/turn-anyone-into-Senna MP4...where are your balls Bill, what happened to you! :icon_mrgreen:

Looking forward to seeing how this latest Allan obsession goes. Analog ftw.

you guys are funny... I was always the manual 6 speed guy with raw 2wd power and then I was introduced to the GTR which changed my life lol

I loved that car but it just wasn't exotic enough. I figured the mp4 was the answer for me (especially with the SP mods) and so far I think I was right!

down the road when I can have 5-6 exotics at ONE TIME, I will def have another CGT in my collection.

trust me if you have 2 nice DD cars and one CGT for weekends/special outings you will get a little annoyed. the CGT is very special and it should come out only on those very special days.

issues for me:

always watching miles

any little repair/service is big $$$$

zero luggage space with top off

radio sucks

forget about talking on cell or doing anything else while driving. you must be 100% focused at all times. (a little stressful)

CF yellowing

DO NOT get stuck in traffic

positives:

great resale

great looks

sound is awesome

a real drivers car/very rewarding

on the right roads=pure bliss

you will barely see another one on the road

trust me if you have 1 crappy DD car and 1 nice date car and one CGT for weekends/special outings you will be very happy.

FIXED!

LOL it depends what car is the "date night" car?!

for me it would have to be a mp4, 458, SL, or a hooked up SLR/SLS.

IT's fun to give you shit, but seriously you owned a CGT. Few can claim this.

Knowing you, you will have the fleet of exotics you speak of and will have one again.

Knowing you, you will have the fleet of exotics you speak of and will have one again.

thx bud! I think your right ;)

you are heading in the same direction!

:iamwithstupid: You also have one of the nicest MP4s around!

thx man, I seriously love that car (even without the rawness of a CGT) it makes up for that in other areas.

:iamwithstupid:

issues for me:

always watching miles

any little repair/service is big $$$$

You need to see whats involved with changing the windshield washer bottle.

You need to see whats involved with changing the windshield washer bottle.

:lol2:

Both the CGT and SLR are brutal for anything service or damage related, surprised Dad hasn't had that much $$$ outlay on his to date because everyone else I've ever talked to that owned one said it absolutely took them to the cleaners...

:lol2:

Both the CGT and SLR are brutal for anything service or damage related, surprised Dad hasn't had that much $$$ outlay on his to date because everyone else I've ever talked to that owned one said it absolutely took them to the cleaners...

Dad has had his share of issues , the latest being an alternator going bad. fcuking stupid and ridiculous. Needless to say, MB and McLaren are also having some issues with Dad.

Dad has had his share of issues , the latest being an alternator going bad. fcuking stupid and ridiculous. Needless to say, MB and McLaren are also having some issues with Dad.

How much? $8500?

How much? $8500?

For an alternator ? Not quite lol . They are on crack with their prices but even MB couldn't muster up the courage to charge that much for an alternator. $600 + 7 hours labour . I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ALTERNATOR GO BAD ON A CAR AT 40000KM SO HOW IN THE fcuk MB JUSTIFIES IT, I DON'T KNOW.

They haven't heard the last on this one.

Regardless of the car, alternators are made by pretty much two people and consist of nothing but an aluminum housing, some magnets, and a bit of copper wire.

Even $600 is harsh, but I guess its fair when compared to that $30k shock job.

But you're right, an alternator just shouldn't have any issues till well over 100k miles.

Regardless of the car, alternators are made by pretty much two people and consist of nothing but an aluminum housing, some magnets, and a bit of copper wire.

:iamwithstupid:

Product knowledge is king, made some good money knowing which parts were interchangeable :eusa_dance: