35 members have voted

1. 1. SUV Choice

• G63
    • Cayenne Turbo
    • 2014 Range Rover HSE or SC
    • Other
    • Im fcuking nuts
    • None

Drove a ML63 last night and fcuk me Aaron was right.... so sick!!! Wasnt even on the radar but now is. Made the G wagon seem like my H1.

Yep, they're nice. If you are looking for something big why not go GL63? More room, and they look better in my opinion.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drove a ML63 last night and fcuk me Aaron was right.... so sick!!! Wasnt even on the radar but now is. Made the G wagon seem like my H1.

:icon_thumleft: :eusa_dance: :icon_super:

Glad you liked it. Mine has the Renntech tune which is good for 670hp.

Yep, they're nice. If you are looking for something big why not go GL63? More room, and they look better in my opinion.

I texted him a picture of one i saw in Hyde Park by the square last week and he told me it was too much of a mommy car...

After looking at them side by side I can see that. The rear of the GL is essentially the ML stretched, which gives it a caravan look. The front end of the ML looks sportier also.

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised at how good the ML looked stance wise and overall. Had the optional 21" wheels and really made the car! Still undecided in the grand scheme of things though.

I saw a new GL450 (I think) last week and thought it looked pretty good. Any large SUV is going to have at least a little bit of a mommy vibe to it.

I've ordered the new RRS SC for Feb and went with my wife to check out the landed ones in the metal. They are nice but not anything to scream about. The contrasting roof panel with big pano windows is probably the nicest new feature about them. Everything else is okay. I am on the fence about taking delivery as this will be our 5th. Good power and smooth ride, almost too smooth, btw.

Full size Range Rover - these look great in person. From behind they have a sophisticated stance. Fully optioned Autobiography with look-at-me Asanti wheels gets very close to $200,000 CND. I like the look more than the Sport however the price is goofy.

Jeep SRT8 - great vehicle, lots of nice features, problem it is still "just a Jeep." Great power, sounds good, fit and finish seemed reasonable.

Lexus - nothing here for me.

BMW - nothing here for me.

Porsche - the new Cayenne Turbos are very nice. Did not test drive, ran out of time. There are sooo many on the road here, maybe more than X5s and MLs. My wife had difficulty telling the various models apart and frankly I did too.

Mercedes - the MLs and GLs did nothing for me but the G63 fully optioned out was drop dead gorgeous. The interior with diamond stitch was a work of art. Sitting beside a 550 our eyes automatically returned to the 63. The one we saw was dark grey with matte black wheels and red calipers. I loved it and requested some lease options. 0 down 24 months was $4,200/month and 36 was $3,400 lol. Shyeah. Residuals were 52% and 45% respectively. Good job MB!

Audi - never got to the dealership.

As of now I am undecided too...

Huge G wagon fan, but those lease numbers are insane. Could be wrong but seems 2010-2011 g55 hold value pretty well. Wonder if the g63 will do the same...

0 down 24 months was $4,200/month and 36 was $3,400 lol. Shyeah. Residuals were 52% and 45% respectively. Good job MB!

$100k to borrow it for two years? :shock: :lol2: :lol2:

Someone is off their fcuking rocker over there.

might not be right for you, but I am dying to get a Q7 Diesel with the S-Line package and the Prestige package. It is awesome driving, seats 7 and looks really cool with the big rims and the upgraded bumpers.

Mercedes - the MLs and GLs did nothing for me but the G63 fully optioned out was drop dead gorgeous. The interior with diamond stitch was a work of art. Sitting beside a 550 our eyes automatically returned to the 63. The one we saw was dark grey with matte black wheels and red calipers. I loved it and requested some lease options. 0 down 24 months was $4,200/month and 36 was $3,400 lol. Shyeah. Residuals were 52% and 45% respectively. Good job MB!

Audi - never got to the dealership.

As of now I am undecided too...

Wow thats not a ripoff or anything!! I havent gotten any lease quotes but did suspect the G wagon would not lease well. Shit it may lease better through Putnam or something in that case! I am still in the holding pattern on what car i want!!! Hate car buying time.... but love it too much

Cant say I am crazy about the styling. Where do you have yours serviced etc Cbus?

Not fantastic styling , but uber easy to get stuff in and out. This is a daily driver, nothing else. and inexpensive to operate.

Service center is in Dublin Ohio, not much to service on these cars.......tires and blades.

Rob, I agree, but it is the fastest Mini Van you have ever been in.....

Put a set of 21" 325's on the back and she looks like a BMW M series X5

We had an Escalade before as well. And for a family with 2 kids it was perfect. Plenty of space to haul cargo around. Someone mentioned you or your wife will be moving within the car because of the kids...this is a given and the extra space in such a big SUV is welcomed for this feat. Downside of the Escalade is that it is a high target for thieves. Ours was broken into 3 weeks after driving off the lot. You won't believe how easy it is to pry open the door/locks without so much as making a sound or triggering the alarm. The second time the thieves broke into the car, ripped out the NAV and other parts of the car as well as the 22" wheels. Had we left the 3 row seats in there they would have taken those as well. Damn truck was sitting on egg crates that morning. At that point security became an issue so we got rid of it. I'm excited to see the new one however. I believe they are doing a launch in early Oct? I think Oct 5th?

We then got the new RR. Great truck but somehow you still find it lacking space for all the stuff you will ultimately find yourself carrying for the kids. I don't know how old your kids are or if you plan on having more than 1 but you will at some point carry other kids (friends of your kids) for carpool or playdates and shit. Which could make the need of a third row a priority. If space isn't a concern the RR ticks all the boxes. G wagons don't ride so well in my opinion. The Cayenne is just too small for our needs so it wasn't even on the radar.

With all that said we just bought a '14 Dodge Durango R/T. V-8 with 8 speed so it drives relatively like the RR we have. On the other hand it's large with third row without being overly large like a Tahoe. More importantly though is that the kids will be the ones beating up the car. If you have such a nice car, you will start losing your mind when your kids come in with muddy or sandy shoes, crumbs everywhere, chocolate milk stains on the leather/carpet. It's inevitable. Personally I'd hate to have something so nice such as a Cayenne or G Wagon to have to go through that.

Just my $0.02

Big Tesla fan here, probably reserve the X. Easy888 is right on the Escalade ours was broken into as well, they stole our Nav and probably the 3rd row if they were in the suv at the time.