A new coast-to-coast record...

Destructo

Glad it was a Lambo guy, (albeit in a modded Benz) and one of our very own, member, MrEd.

I've often fantasized about doing this, but he destroyed Alex Roy's old record and by a huge margin.

Congrats Ed! And while we don't condone illegal activity, we're glad you and the team made it unharmed and without incident. :icon_super:

http://jalopnik.com/meet-the-guy-who-drove...28-h-1454092837

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was waiting for someone to post something in here... :icon_mrgreen:

Big congrats to MrEd on the amazing accomplishment! :icon_thumleft: I read the entire article earlier and was enthralled. I was a fan of Alex Roy's journey as well. I couldn't even imagine doing something that epic and not only succeeding, but shattering the previous time. :headbang:

Yeah Ed!!!!! I was talking with DoctaM3 about trying to do this but he didnt think the record could be broken. You guys CRUSHED IT!

Incredible...

We can't go on a quick drive around us without the cops getting on our ass. How do you go coast to coast without getting pulled over...

Congrats to him. Really hope they don't get in any trouble.

Is there a time limitation on prosecution for this? Say I popped over to the states, did this, how long before I can come back

Again, not encouraging reckless high speed driving...

Is there a time limitation on prosecution for this? Say I popped over to the states, did this, how long before I can come back

Again, not encouraging reckless high speed driving...

There are Statute of Limitations. The previous record holder waited until the time had passed before revealing it. They didn't wait this time, so in theory they could be persecuted for it. I'm honestly not sure what the likelyhood is that it will happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if some municipality from a larger city tried to make a example out of them.

There are Statute of Limitations. The previous record holder waited until the time had passed before revealing it. They didn't wait this time, so in theory they could be persecuted for it. I'm honestly not sure what the likelyhood is that it will happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if some municipality from a larger city tried to make a example out of them.

Agreed.

Depends on how much traction the story gets and how much exposure in mainstream media. If it stays in automotive enthusiast media circles they'll likely get away with it.

I guess I don't know why this record is such a big deal? I must be in the minority. I would hazard to ask why someone would climb Everest either--so I assume its along the same lines....

LOL, slip is slippery.

The car guy world is so small. A friend of mine, unbeknownst to me, has known Ed for a long time, and scouted a stretch of freeway for Ed just before he went through it.

Sounds like a blast, although I don't think I could handle the gasoline smell if it is was bad as the article makes it sound. I hope he doesn't get prosecuted for it, especially if the documentation is that solid. Regardless, congrats are in order! :eusa_clap:

Simply amazing! That's a groundbreaking time difference....

Any plane use? I always toss the idea around with friends once we have more time/resources, but it's just so fcuking risky. One bad speed trap and it can all be over.

Interested to hear more exact details on what went into this. I know Roy did a TON of planning.

Congrats to Ed, what an awesome adventure. So many people talk about doing stuff like and you actually went out and did it! I'd be guarding access to that GPS/telemetry data pretty closely though...

Wow congrats that is crazy fast, believe it or not the benz gets pretty good MPG which probably helped. All our talks back and forth MrEd never lead on or mentioned this, bastard! lol

Interesting! Huge congrats!

Also, really curious to know what was sustained top speed on this run...

In this pic it says 158mph and in the article it says "That last point, about speed, is something Collins and others also brought up. Rawlings claims that, in his run with Collins, the duo exceeded 200 m.p.h. multiple times. Ed, meanwhile, admits his car is speed-limited to 156 – and that he was mostly driving slower than that."

ku-xlarge.png

Pretty damn sick. A member of Team Supercars Personified & Pittsburgh Cars 'n Coffee played a tiny role through PA. Great to see the record fall by so much and to such a worthy contender! CONGRATS Ed!

Pretty damn sick. A member of Team Supercars Personified & Pittsburgh Cars 'n Coffee played a tiny role through PA. Great to see the record fall by so much and to such a worthy contender! CONGRATS Ed!

That's sweet, I would have loved to help in OH. I'm pretty much on the OH/PA border.

I keep thinking that one of the 3 had to drop a deuce in a bedpan while driving 120 MPH, and the windows must have been rolled up.. LOL :repuke: :fart: :eek3dance: :lol: