A new coast-to-coast record...

Destructo

I keep thinking that one of the 3 had to drop a deuce in a bedpan while driving 120 MPH, and the windows must have been rolled up.. LOL :repuke: :fart: :eek3dance: :lol:

Do a strict cheese infused diet for a day or so and you can make it 29 hours without dropping a stink pickle hahah

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do a strict cheese infused diet for a day or so and you can make it 29 hours without dropping a stink pickle hahah

:eek3dance: :fart:

Interesting! Huge congrats!

In this pic it says 158mph and in the article it says "That last point, about speed, is something Collins and others also brought up. Rawlings claims that, in his run with Collins, the duo exceeded 200 m.p.h. multiple times. Ed, meanwhile, admits his car is speed-limited to 156 – and that he was mostly driving slower than that."

ku-xlarge.png

Thanks for posting that! I saw that but still thought MAYBE there was a higher top speed - but then that was running the entire time. Makes you wonder if THAT record could be broken... :ph34r:

Wow, that is impressive avg speed!

Depends on how much traction the story gets and how much exposure in mainstream media. If it stays in automotive enthusiast media circles they'll likely get away with it.

It has hit Fox News. Hopefully LEO have better things to do with his or her time than go after them.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/10/31/...urs-50-minutes/

Congrats Ed!

Guest Dereiter

Ed, congratulations to you on the new world's record! It is amazing and means that you were extremely headstrong to reach the purpose.

It has hit Fox News. Hopefully LEO have better things to do with his or her time than go after them.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/10/31/...urs-50-minutes/

Congrats Ed!

Hopefully LE won't get involved, the way they posed for the picture won't help though. Probably pissed off some red ass cop in bfe.

Shitbox 550/575 can go 200 or even close??!!

I believe there was a confirmed run of 194 mph for a 550 years ago.

As far as the legal issues, I could only imagine that this is one of those things where you have to be caught in the act for anything to happen.

There was no video taken so should theoretically be ok.

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

Yes, but not in this case. :icon_mrgreen:

The comment section on that article is something to behold.

WOW! Comment section on most stories is something to behold. :lol2:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. It was a great trip. The help that we had in making it possible and the kind words since then have been amazing. The media and press interest has been a lot more than I had anticipated but fortunately most of it has been very positive. I appreciate the kind words.

IMG_2819-1024x726.jpg

Thanks everyone. It was a great trip. The help that we had in making it possible and the kind words since then have been amazing. The media and press interest has been a lot more than I had anticipated but fortunately most of it has been very positive. I appreciate the kind words.

IMG_2819-1024x726.jpg

Amazing accomplishment, congratulations. Sincerely Vic :bigemo_harabe_net-195:

• 5 months later...

Back in the news again!

"You could give me ten tries, and I don't think I'd be able to do it that fast again," says Ed.

So what's next for Ed? The previous recordholder, Alex Roy, wrote an excellent book on his own cross-country run entitled The Driver: My Dangerous Pursuit of Speed and Truth in the Outlaw Racing World. Ed says he's kicked around the idea for a book, and he tells me that he's in talks for a movie – an exciting proposition to bring the story to a wider audience. Still, I get the feeling that even if nothing else happens, Ed will be content with simply having achieved his cross-country dream.

http://dougdemuro.jalopnik.com/why-cross-c.../+matthardigree

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...