What the fcuk, Jeep? (Avert your eyes. New Cherokee content)

Robster Craws

Buy American my ass. What the fcuk were the designers at Jeep thinking when they came up with this Pontiac Aztec/Izuzu vehicross reminiscent design for the 2015 (14') Cherokee?

For the 2014 year they made what I consider the be the best looking,sharpest designed Grand Cherokee to ever hit the roads and then they bring out this squinty eyed, downs syndome looking mini van inspired piece of shit to put along side it. How do they get it so right on one side and so wrong on the other?

I love how Jeeps CEO just sticks his fingers in his ears and says "They'll love it"

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticke...-130544793.html

I saw spy photos and first review pictures on the web and thought how terrible it looked,but I thought id reserve judgment until I saw one with my own eyes.

Ive seen two this week and they are even more god awful in person.

I know this is all a matter of personal taste, but I cant be the only one who feels this way.

Good god..

:s-minigun:

post-60315-1385343577_thumb.jpg

post-60315-1385343597_thumb.jpg

post-60315-1385343633_thumb.jpg

Rob I just saw one in person for the first time this week as well, and I had the exact same reaction. What was Chrysler thinking is right! :icon_oak:

It's the all new Cherokee. Not a replacement for the Grand Cherokee. And yes it's ass ugly.

Fit and finish doesn't look that good. The original Cherokee's were total shit bombs. Coke can protection. It's now a RAV4 competitor. Can we close this thread.

That thing is an abomination. They should have never put the name Cherokee anywhere near it. A four cylinder front wheel drive "Jeep" just shouldn't exist. The Grand Cherokee still looks pretty good.

2014-jeep-grand-cherokee-review.jpg

And just to rescue some Jeep integrity.

If I'm not mistaken, the original Cherokee had the same look for a long time, like 1985-2000 or something.

Don't know how you screw this one up so much.

The Cherokee replaces the outgoing Liberty and clearly Jeep has tried to leverage off the Grand Cherokee's success by stealing half its name and none of its style. Unfortunately initial reports indicate the Cherokee has been poorly received. Guess nobody wants a vehicle that looks like me after eating Indian food...

Aztek rebirth. Some things never change.

Crazy thing, the guy who designed the C7 POS also did the Aztek... I'm one of those guys who thinks any coolness that the POS has (and there is always one with NEW Vettes) will wear off quickly when the next model is introduced - aging the C7 quite rapidly. I think back to the Mustang - and only a handful (actually just 1968) look great after time passes over them. The latest Stang or Camaro look cool for a bit when they first come out - then look like dogshit that belongs in a trailer park not long after their model generation passes.