C7 Zee06 to be unveiled next month

RyanRo24

I have a confirmed #1 spot for a ZO7--I can't believe I'm going to buy an American sports car new, but I'm jacked about this car.

Congrats!

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:iamwithstupid:

It's very "busy" - a lot going on in the design.

For that reason I'd probably go with black even though I'm not one for black cars (too much upkeep).

Can't wait to see one and drive one

Usually I don't care for the "contrast" look anymore. It absolutely screams 1999, no question about it. Very dated. But on this car it works really well in the pics.

Some guys on the POS boards have painted their C7 Stingray's rear-end black lower end to match the car's color and it looks like shit each time.

Would have to see this in person to decide whether or not the black bits look too plasticky or "cheap", in which case it's a mistake. But if they do it right and they look like the contrast bits on say the LP670-4 SV, then it will look sharp.

Right now in the pictures only it looks really great though.

I have a confirmed #1 spot for a ZO7--I can't believe I'm going to buy an American sports car new, but I'm jacked about this car.

Getting the auto or manual?

can your car collection get any better. loving the variety! great taste!

it better be the manual version!!

what colour are you going for?

loving it in yellow ... their racing colour.

I'm not sure which transmission or color. I'm going to see what the rev-matching 7 sp is like in the Stingray, and then try to decide. Color will be my only other decision because otherwise every option box is getting checked. This will be a track car for me--so whatever will turn a better time will most likely be the transmission I pick. My problem is I have a 991 GT3 coming in March, so the ZO7 will have to be good enough to replace that--which from what I've been reading, will be a tall order. But, on paper, it seems the ZO7 may have the chops to do it!

Guest Dereiter

Congratulations!

Congrats. I think your gunna wanna keep the new gt3

You should post some pictures of your cars in the Lambo owners thread and get verified and have an owners title put under your avatar.

Just added a couple picks had to do it in separate posts let me know if I need to post more pics to get double owner title. Thanks.

From Car and Driver:

Key point: All of this C7.R-for-the-street business won’t cost you any more than the old Plastic mess-06.

How good is the Plastic mess-06 shaping up to be? We’re told it shattered the course record at GM’s Milford Road Course on its first time on the track. Let us remind you that almost no development or tuning work had been done to the car at that point—Chevy simply bolted the pieces together and went for a lap time. Think what it could do after a year of fine-tuning. Now for the best part: All of this C7.R-for-the-street business won’t cost you any more than the old Plastic mess-06. As Tadge Juechter himself put it—in between explaining the aerodynamic value added by the tiny spats ahead of each front wheel and detailing how the C7.R’s three-percent fuel-efficiency bump (thanks to direct injection) will save one pit stop over a 24-hour race—“if you could afford the old Plastic mess-06, you’ll be able to afford the new Plastic mess-06.”

The car is sick. If I can ever talk myself out of the stigma of driving a redneck mobile, I might buy one to trash around the track. :icon_mrgreen:

The car is sick. If I can ever talk myself out of the stigma of driving a redneck mobile, I might buy one to trash around the track. :icon_mrgreen:

This I want to see :icon_mrgreen:

This I want to see :icon_mrgreen:

You would be one the reasons why I wouldn't buy one lol, or hide it from you.

You would be one the reasons why I wouldn't buy one lol, or hide it from you.

:icon_thumleft:

Whatever makes you happy but remember it was Four Seasons or nothing :icon_mrgreen:

:icon_thumleft:

Whatever makes you happy but remember it was Four Seasons or nothing :icon_mrgreen:

On a serious note, this would be a car that one can have fun with at the track and also be streetable, sort of a gt3rs, but with more oomph. Very tempting, and it looks damm good . GM has a home run with this car.

On a serious note, this would be a car that one can have fun with at the track and also be streetable, sort of a gt3rs, but with more oomph. Very tempting, and it looks damm good . GM has a home run with this car.

I agree with you, price wise, it's ridiculously cheap, because of that alone you'd be mad not to get a trash about one, price of a mid range 3 series BMW here.

They've done well, I hope they will sell a tone of them, I hate seeing businesses struggling and when one comes up with a winner I am very happy for them, I am even happier to support local manufacturers and in turn local economy, as for the car itself I can only comment on its looks, I have zero experience with Vett.s we don't get them here officially, grey imports only but I have no desire to own one, for me the design is ok, a bit too busy in certain sections, doesn't flow as well as it should with few contradictory lines but a hell of a lot better than the outgoing model but it's the price that's making it a winner.

• 3 weeks later...