Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people

Steve K

Planes communication shut down separately. Mechanical failure not a factor. Shit just for real.

Bit of a translation of this post is that the Satellite was getting pinged for several more hours after losing communication, but no data was sent meaning there was no mechanical problems.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.tomnod.com/nod/

Interesting. Already found something weird while doing it:

jrzY7UmoCPM2r.JPG

I labeled it as other, but it looks like a raft...

Not the right shape for a raft... Do you know where this was?

http://www.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/malays...2014/map/106679

Yeah its way too big, 20m long. I think its a fishing boat and the white stuff behind it is a net.

That would be my guess... But it is interesting... Its a pretty good size boat. If thats what it is... I wish this fcuking thing had lat and long so I could see where the hell it is...

plane.jpg

Jesus Christ, that site is so damn buggy. I was scanning a night section and found a weird dark section and went to mark it and it randomly moved to a totally different area of the map.

Submarine must have heard the fdr ping....

That has been in the back of my mind. There must be a US sub in the Indian Ocean and so they surely would have something.

Even Chinese scientist say they heard something hit the sea floor.

Sorry but the daily mail can never be classed as a source unless it was on right wing based pointless bitchy stories in which case it is your go to source.

Is it possible the plane was hijacked and then landed somewhere?

Im beginning to think this was the plan at least.

Yeah, the landing part of that plan didn't go too well.

Did they find it?

Did they find it?

Maybe it did land, we just don't know where. I doubt that it didn't crash, but what a coup it would be if that thing popped up hijacked and in another country.

Maybe it did land, we just don't know where. I doubt that it didn't crash, but what a coup it would be if that thing popped up hijacked and in another country.

I was thinking the same thing. It wouldn't be impossible to touch down, refuel, and head off to who the fcuk knows where?

Not to point out the obvious, but if peoples cell phones are ringing, why can't the cell company track them to at least a reasonable distance?

I was thinking the same thing. It wouldn't be impossible to touch down, refuel, and head off to who the fcuk knows where?

Not to point out the obvious, but if peoples cell phones are ringing, why can't the cell company track them to at least a reasonable distance?

The "ring" you hear calling them isn't generated by the phone. It's generated by the carrier. It means nothing.

I would like to believe they are safe and sound somewhere but it's very unlikely, the phone theory is BS, if they were kidnapped with so many phones on hand you'd expect someone to squeeze in a text message, make a call etc.

I hope they will locate the plane soon, I can not imagine what the families involved must be going through, what a terrible nightmare!

I am hearing from people that it was an inside job...from the stolen passport, tracker switched off from allowing radar to see it,how much the Malaysians are doing to find the plane etc etc...it seems kinda true...lets be honest they have not really done anything much besides praying for miracle to happen...All the help they're getting from are from other countries..For something so serious, they sure aren't doing much about it.

I think this is just a freak tragic event. I also don't think they will ever find the plane. In a year some luggage will wash up on a beach somewhere or something, but that's about it. It's obvious they have NO idea where the plane went and that ocean is MASSIVE. Took them two years to find the Air France plane, and they knew exactly where it went down.

No terrorism. Tragic event that will remain a mystery for decades in my opinion.

I think this is just a freak tragic event. I also don't think they will ever find the plane. In a year some luggage will wash up on a beach somewhere or something, but that's about it. It's obvious they have NO idea where the plane went and that ocean is MASSIVE. Took them two years to find the Air France plane, and they knew exactly where it went down.

No terrorism. Tragic event that will remain a mystery for decades in my opinion.

2 different communications systems shut off several minutes apart and it turned into a completely different direction.

Too many coincidences.

2 different communications systems shut off several minutes apart and it turned into a completely different direction.

Too many coincidences.

And then flew for four hours. To multiple aeronatical waypoints. Involving heading changes at each point. Meaning SOMEONE who knew about aviation was flying it.