What's up with Aventadors breaking lately. ..

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it just seems to me that reliability wise, the cars arent getting any better...

I agree 100% with that, i havent seen any improvement. there are still issues with my Aventador and I aint drove it 200 miles. My Murci was fairly reliable, no major problems, just piles of small issues.

Aventador will NOT have a DCT put in it. Not at the facelift, and def not for the SV.

I thought the updated software should've made the ISR shifts a bit more 'friendly'. I can't tell first hand, as I do not own an Aventador. Having driven one, and also numerous Ferraris, I am massively for the single-clutch ISR, rather than another double-clutch Merc style gearboxes. I love the kick in the back; just like the 430 Scuderia's gearbox. Apart from those two cars, I hate all other automated / dct gearboxes.

Manual all the way.

+1 and I do own an Aventador. The DCT (PDK) is precisely why I sold my Porsche Turbo S. Don't castrate the bull.

There are plenty of cars you can beat the shit out of and not have issues. 650s, 911 TurboS, 918, CGT, LP670, P1, 599 GTO, F12. There is no excuse for the transmission Lamborghini is using in the Aventador, it's awful. And it's awful because it's in a car that costs more than the homes 99.99999% of the world can afford. Anyone who thinks otherwise is out of touch with reality. The rest of the car is pretty spectacular, however.

:iamwithstupid:

Should have thrown a DSG in there to begin with.

I really like the Aventador gearbox. They aren't putting a dct in the Aventador or the SV. Maybe the replacement will have it, but that remains to be seen. If you want dct get the Huracan, its a fantastic car. Aventador sales are through the roof, and the amount of people who actually were really going to buy the Aventador, but didnt because of the gearbox are negligible.

The spice of life is variety, cars should have their individual character, the Aventador is perfect the way it is, the flavor of the day seems to be TT and DCT, they are all heading that way, I see no point in a bunch of copycat cars with a different hood ornament, where is the challenge in that?

I really like the Aventador gearbox. They aren't putting a dct in the Aventador or the SV. Maybe the replacement will have it, but that remains to be seen. If you want dct get the Huracan, its a fantastic car. Aventador sales are through the roof, and the amount of people who actually were really going to buy the Aventador, but didnt because of the gearbox are negligible.

Totally agree. I have yet to fall in love with anything I've driven that's DCT. I'm afraid the Huracan will be the same. The Aventador drives like it's pissed off and I love that!

im surprised the tranny didnt break the first time i did a 7k rpm shift in corsa, and now after 12k miles the car wouldn't shift a few times showing messages like transmission failure etc, but nothing a restart after 10 minutes parked on the side of the road didn't fix, or the occasional couldnt get in gear to climb up an incline, but if u blast it up its fine :icon_mrgreen:

or when its hot and creeping in traffic, i constantly feel and know the car might stall or just wont go by the heavy breathing of the v12, like its gonna have a heart failure or a stroke. audi took over lambo yes, but i dont know how it left the animal part intacted.

i said it many times before, if u treat the aventador as a car, its the worst car ever, but if u treat it like a f-16, its the smoothest easiest jet ever to pilot around town :eusa_dance:

the aventador is the worst acting car i ever drove and that may even include the early stick shifting CCRs, but i dont know why its the car i love the most ! :monkeyleft:

but i would never keep one out of warranty though :eusa_shhh:

6455.jpg

6458.jpg

6464.jpg

6467.jpg

6469.jpg

6471.jpg

6472.jpg

yes, and i know all about the upgrade they done to 2013 and later software tranny updates, but my dealer is still waiting on that from the factory, i heard its not a simple flash and it might take a couple days to a week, on top of that im still in line for the radiator campaign which the dealer is neck deep in aventadors to do now.

John is yours a 2012?

if u treat the aventador as a car, its the worst car ever, but if u treat it like a f-16, its the smoothest easiest jet ever to pilot around town :eusa_dance:

hahaha, great line :icon_thumleft:

• 2 weeks later...

Too many electronic nannies will always turn into electronic gremlins.

Let's not forget a growing trend in ALL new cars which is certainly disturbing --- TFT displays/glass cockpit. Sure they look cool and so many things can be done to them; even can upgrade all graphics entirely through new firmware. But these don't last and with display technology progressing at light speed, good luck getting replacement parts for them. They rot even when properly stored so new-old-stock isn't going to help. In 20years or less, most instrument panels on the majority of modern cars will be inoperable.

• 1 month later...