What made you fall in love with Lamborghini?

Luxeous

Was on a drive with my wife the other day and we were talking about why I love Lamborghini. I brought up that it's been an obsession since I was a child - the posters on the wall, the little yellow Diablo Hot Wheels stash I had, the pearl white Diablo Pinewood Dirby car my dad helped me make - I have always been a die hard Lamborghini fan.

I just finished reading this book by Simon Sinek called 'Start With Why' (There is a TED talk as well) and during our conversation I realized that Lamborghini matched the process that brands like Apple have - they are a 'Why' brand, not a 'What.' They're a brand that evokes emotion through design, rarity and exclusivity. They're a brand we aspire to be a part of as kids and appreciate as adults. Like Apple, they've challenged the status quo (when it comes to supercars) and I think a lot of us on the forum, as entrepreneurs, can relate to that.

So my question to you is this: What made you fall in love with Lamborghini? Bonus points if you post pictures of different ones you've had. :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome!

For me there were two very distinct memories of when I fell in love, one of them very silly.

1: When I was a kid and saw the gold Countach in the movie Rumble in the Bronx!

2: Seeing my first Diablo as a kid in Beverly Hills. Ever since it has been my favorite car and still is.

As you said... the model cars, the posters on the wall. The magazines with the Diablo and it's spaceship like horsepower numbers. I remember when the first need for speed was put out by the Road and Track group.... the Diablo was the king of all the cars. Highest HP, top speed... heck it made your hands tremble to drive it in the game...let alone a real one. I must admit tho the favorites were the F40, the EB110, and the Diablo....had a model of each on my dresser :)

1:countache poster

2: cannonball

3: The big one: seeing a baby blue Diablo SV @ Lamborghini London 1999 - holy sh*t, I was totally KNOCKED-OUT - stunned in every respect!

I will never forget I had just bought my first house for less than half the price the car was for sale - and owning such a machine was just inconceivable at that time...

I'm not sure if this is for non-owners as well, but I have been with Fabspeed longer than any other salesperson and now manage the retail sales guys. I had my pick of which forums to manage and which Marques to handle. I went with Lamborghini (along with other smaller brands) because the owners don't take themselves as serious as other brands, drive the cars more and generally seem to have more fun. I have made some great friends through this forum as well as through Lamborghini as a brand that I suspect will be friends for life regardless of whether I am still with Fabspeed.

Dad was driving me home and right in front of us there was a white Countach at the light. I had never seen anything that looked so insane. Been a fan ever since.

Countach Poster, always fantasized about it and talked about it my whole childhood. Every story was about that damn car! Then around 10ish, my uncle bought a 308 and stored it at my grandmas house, I would be there every week going over that car and thought you know what.... This Ferrari is total shit! So a lambo fan for life I am :)

Diablo 6.0. First time I saw one in Road and Track, I was hooked. I'll never forget the auto show in Boston in 2001 when I saw a silver 6.0 in the back of the convention center. Now if I could just find my perfect example.

Diablo convertible from Exit Wounds. I couldn't believe how outrageous that thing was.

For those looking - there is a yellow 6.0 in fort lauderdale. Looks amazing even though it's sitting next to bugatti and avent.

Saw a red Diablo in 1991 on Moorpark & Hazletine blvd in Sherman Oaks as a kid in '91 and had my mind f***ing blown. Been in love ever since.

Good topic Luxeous. Sorry I missed you at the Newport meet. Didn't have a sitter that day. But back to your question.

My first love was a yellow model countach. Was absolutely blown away by the design.

Then saw my very first countach, probably @ 10 yrs old, at a gas station. My brother and I just stared, along with everybody else, with a huge grin on our face. The sound that the engine made was quite memorable. Been a fan ever since.

When I was about 10 I was sitting in traffic with my dad on a friday afternoon. He pointed out a Diablo that had just merged in front of us and said "Look at how wide those rear tyres are". It was my first real look at a Lamborghini.

I had never really been a car guy before that, but absolutely fell in love with Lamborghinis at that moment.

It was extremely rare to see them on the road, so experiences were few and far between. I have fond memories of mum taking me to the local exotic dealership once (that I used to peer in to every single time we drove past) and asked the staff if it was okay if I had a look. I was quite shy, but they could clearly see I was in to the cars and had no issues letting us walk around the sales floor alone for as long as we wanted. That was very cool.

Also remember the exact night I found LP :) I had just got in to some other forums and remember thinking "I wonder if there are any Lamborgini forums?".... Little did I know how much time that would cost me over the years!!!!!!! Love this place though, fantastic resource for someone who doesn't often get to see them on the road

Yeah the model cars and the ass kicking Lambo cars in computer games that always seems hard to handle.

But it was when some out of this world engine sound roared up Pitt St in the centre of Sydney early on evening, it didn't sound like a car and it scared the fcuk out of me. I turned around to see a silver Diablo roadster flash past. I think he maxed out 1st gear with the engine shaking everything on the way past. :wub:

Orange Diablo 6.0 in 2002 when I was 12 years old. Was at the corner of Chicago Ave. and Michigan Ave. (near Water Tower place) in downtown Chicago. I stopped in the middle of the street and stared then watched it drive all the way down Michigan Ave.

What a show stopper!

I have no idea how young I was, but probably around 5 or 6. My grandparents had this subscription where they get this little cards that fit into a binder. Each card was about either a car, a plane, or a ship of some sort. I remember finding the card about the Countach LP5000s. It was a white one with the wing, in front of a huge mansion with cobble stone driveway. I was completely blown away!

I remember later after learning to read, I found out the car wasn't made anymore. I was devastated as it was my dream to buy one (at 16, lol)

My love for Lamborghini's has always remained though. I had hotwheels, never had the posters though. I remember when I first got access to internet at my grandfathers house. One of the first things i searched for was Lamborghini pictures. I stumbled upon the Canto development mule shots, and the prototype that would have replaced the Diablo going around the track.

Later i found automotiveforums.com and found myself always in the lamborghini section. That was my first experience of talking to people who actually owned these things. I'm pretty sure that's where I first found AlanLambo, and followed him to this place.

I couldn't even count how much time I've spent on this forum. It's been a fantastic place to waist time. There are only a handful of Lamborghini's in my city, so I live vicariously through the experiences of those who share here.

For me it has to be the aggressive styling. Ever since I was a kid I always loved how in your face the car looked. It's a car that demands attention and never goes unnoticed on the road. Something about the looks just never gets old. I always find myself staring at my 570 in the garage when I come home, even when I haven't driven it for days. It's the only car I've owned that I look at that way.

For me it has to be the aggressive styling. Ever since I was a kid I always loved how in your face the car looked. It's a car that demands attention and never goes unnoticed on the road. Something about the looks just never gets old. I always find myself staring at my 570 in the garage when I come home, even when I haven't driven it for days. It's the only car I've owned that I look at that way.

I can understand that feeling, even though I don't have one.

I always find myself staring at my diecast models and imagining them being the real deal.

Diablo.

It should be able to say Countach but I can't. I never fall in love with something I can't realistically envisage having. When the CT came out in 74 I was in my late teens. Sure, like almost any petrolhead it blew me away. But it just seemed so out of reach. By the time the Diablo came out in 90 I knew my life was going in a direction that certainly made it a possibility. It took quite a few years to get there but I did it. Now I am more than happy with what I have and sometimes have to remind myself just how fortunate I am.

1362114274.jpg

I still remember the magazine review; I would just stare and dream at the pictures of it, in that purple with the blue alcantara interior.

Nothing else compared, nothing else was even compared to it in my mind.

I think its just the looks that always did it for me. Lamborghini designs the cars of dreams.

I never thought I would own one; my dreams have become reality.

I remember getting Need For Speed III for Christmas and seeing the Diablo SV on the cover made my heart skip

Tbh the posters, magazines and Need for Speed hahaha. I remember always choosing the lambos specially the incredible Diablo, what a beast!

Need for Speed got it started. Seeing a yellow Diablo SV on the streets of NYC in '01 sealed the deal. I've told the story before but I was 15 and had my first real girlfriend. I had a sign I was carrying around that said "Amber Wish You Were Here!". Anyway I ran 2 blocks to catch up to the diablo at a light...whipped out the sign and my old man took a picture of me standing right next to the car in traffic with the sign.

Haven't been able to find the picture yet (pre digital).