Murci sale prices

JanDaMan

Dear LP,

I've just picked up for the second time another rare 2009 LP640 6sp Manual this time a roadster in very rare Verde Draco (I'll post on a separate thread)

Regarding CCB's I'd so pay US$10K for the CCB's, my new roadster doesnt have them and rear pads are gone and the brake dust OMG!! Brake feel there is a difference but the stopping power can't beat the CCB's with its bigger rear calipers and rotors on top of the ceramics.

Verde Draco?!?!?!! That is one of my favorite colors. I don't think I've seen a car in the US with that paint code.

Switch over to Hawk HPS pads, they have good bite, low dust and are super cheap.

Dear LP,

I've just picked up for the second time another rare 2009 LP640 6sp Manual this time a roadster in very rare Verde Draco (I'll post on a separate thread)

In Australia the market is smaller and we drive RHD but the LP640 and 670 in 2015 has gone up significantly in value. I sold my 2006 coupe 6sp in March 2014 which was probably the bottom of the market as the car has since resold for more than 10% than what I sold with alot more mileage.

I'd be interested to hear how many manual roadsters were made based on the 900 production numbers around 45? based on the 5% methodology. And in verde draco I think my car maybe the only one, all other ones I've seen have been in coupes.

Regarding CCB's I'd so pay US$10K for the CCB's, my new roadster doesnt have them and rear pads are gone and the brake dust OMG!! Brake feel there is a difference but the stopping power can't beat the CCB's with its bigger rear calipers and rotors on top of the ceramics.

With my car being RHD my car's value is more influenced whats happening in UK and asia and at this stage manuals arent showing the strong premium that US cars are showing at this stage.

I think I saw few photos of your car, absolutely stunning, enjoy it in the best of health :icon_thumleft:

Thanks all!

Car is in workshop at the moment for some mods :) after 36 hours of stockness, go fast/loud crack pipe hit me hard.

I'll post over the weekend, car colour is very unique I had Grigio Telesto before and now this. Draco is much more classy. I dont know why they discontinued it.

Whiteout- thanks for offer I'll check with my mechanic. No Draco's in US ? I think they are in europe and Asia most of the pics I've seen.

Mr Ed- UK press car was the one on Top Gear with Jeremy Clarkson.

Glad I got my Murci soon after starting the post, if things are on the upswing. One thing I see on resale though is how much worse the higher mile cars suffer in price. Beyond 10K miles or so seems detrimental to price. I have a same year SL65 and although v12, etc you never see one with under 10K miles. My SL just passed 20k miles, and so that is pretty low and therefore is a premium. But for a Murci 20k miles may be considered a high mile car. No one drives their Murci in attempts to retain value? Kind of sad in a way, but it is what it is I guess.

Glad I got my Murci soon after starting the post, if things are on the upswing. One thing I see on resale though is how much worse the higher mile cars suffer in price. Beyond 10K miles or so seems detrimental to price. I have a same year SL65 and although v12, etc you never see one with under 10K miles. My SL just passed 20k miles, and so that is pretty low and therefore is a premium. But for a Murci 20k miles may be considered a high mile car. No one drives their Murci in attempts to retain value? Kind of sad in a way, but it is what it is I guess.

Glad I just picked up an 09 with 5500 miles (semi low miles). But this seems to be the trend amongst most exotics. The whole low miles, higher value is nonsense IMO. But it's so rampant amongst Ferrari and Lambo owners and values. It's a real shame when some of these become collector cars that are never driven.

I don't know if it's that big of a difference until you get up to around 25k - 30k with the Murci but they are rarely seen up for sale so it's hard to tell; Roy or Ed could probably answer that better than most. I think a lot of the Murci's have such low miles because most owners typically have a few exotics and the miles are spread between them.

I'm of the mindset that the "value" of the car is the enjoyment you get out of it. Being afraid to drive it because you don't want to lose value will dilute any exotic ownership experience.

With my car being RHD my car's value is more influenced whats happening in UK and asia and at this stage manuals arent showing the strong premium that US cars are showing at this stage.

I think they will. Give it a little more time.

This year I had 3 serious unsolicited offers on mine. Two from guys that own at least one other Lamborghini. All at a 10 -15% premium over egear values. All were told it's not for sale.

I reckon the market sentiment for RHD manual roadsters will more closely align with the USA by late 2016 or early 17. No science, just my gut feel on the market.

Great car BTW.

Personally, I'm more concerned with amount of owners/overall condition than miles.

Bang on...I can't stand all the shit exotics I run across with multiple owners and shitty service history.

Low owners and good amount of miles with service records makes an excellent car that has proven reliable and had any bugs worked out of it,

Bang on...I can't stand all the shit exotics I run across with multiple owners and shitty service history.

Low owners and good amount of miles with service records makes an excellent car that has proven reliable and had any bugs worked out of it,

Agreed with the above my car is a single owner sensible and mature. It had 18,000 miles which in Australia is 30,000km alot of people thing is extreme high use over here and alot of people dont even dare to touch it. But Im also a regular driver of my previous lambo's and not afraid of it if it has FSH. This car had not only full service he had folder over every receipt and photos at major intervals and I knew him from the club and know that he drove the same loop road nearly every weekend. Still original clutch and brakes but 4 sets of tyres. His answer made sense country/mountain driving not as many start stops and 6am in the morning no traffic. My previous LP640 went through a clutch in 7,000 miles but when I bought it dealer did major service and I did 10,000 miles myself and no issues. The roadster also had full clear wrap and the interior was like brand new.

Super low mileage cars you would be concerned whether car has been worn in and seals and everything havent ceased up from sitting in storage.

I plan to keep the car till at least 25,000 miles and possibly 30,000 miles. I wish we used miles for this purpose sounds better than 50,000km lol come selling time.

:icon_super:

Why did you post that pic? Lol kinda creeped me out cause I thought that person looks familiar, and turns out I have her on my fb...

Yeah it's funny what different things we prefer that drives price. MrEd and others helped guide me in the initial post regarding thoughts on sale prices. But when it came to me buying, color, condition, good PPI, CCB, leather stitching, and low miles (9K) mattered the most. I desired service records of course, but none available whatsoever. Car had been sold somewhat recent from Cats to the owner I bought it from; however by law Roy said he could not provide any opinion or any records, even if he had them. So, in my case anyway, despite no records, I heard Roy doesn't sell crap, and all the other stars lined up ok as mentioned above, so that was good enough for me. I also had Carfax too, but that is pretty basic. I am not sure how Mercedes operates, but I know when I bought my SL 65, my MBZ mechanic was able to pull all kinds of service info about the car from some database. Nice system I thought.

I'm actually fairly bullish on Murci prices (pun intended). With the pre LPs around 130-170 and LPs 170-230, I think they don't have much lower to go. For the LPs to fall to 140-150, means that the pre LPs have to go to 100. For that price you're in Gallardo and F430 territory. I think that the Murcis are currently undervalued if anything. It might take some time for the depreciation to set in, but if you think about it:

1. All the people that wanted the newer and better car have done so. The Aventador came out in 2012, so they had 3 years to switch.

2. The Murci is an iconic Lamborghini Design along with the Countach and Diablo.

3. The Diablos are creeping up in price, with some selling at premiums to the Murcis (not even mentioning the Countach). With some Countaches reaching 600-700k these days, one could expect the newer models to slowly follow. I don't think they'll get to that point, but nonetheless they have a long way to go.

4. The Murci is actualluy the last true Lamborghini. It has the last V12, which has been used since the 350gt. Refined and improved over decades, Lambo went with a completely new engine for the Aventador. It's a better car, but also a much easier car to drive, more refined, less brutal and raw.

5. Production numbers, around 4k ever made, without accounting for the numerous ones that have been totaled etc. The Aventador is already at that production number with only a couple of years into its run.

I think while appreciation might take some time, I have a very hard time thinking that they can drop much more in value. The Murci is just such an incredible piece of machine. It's looks, performance, sound and aesthetics are just out of this world. I know at least one guy who bought a Murci, sold it, got an Aventador, had it for 6 months and sold it and bought another Murci. :)

I'm actually fairly bullish on Murci prices (pun intended). With the pre LPs around 130-170 and LPs 170-230, I think they don't have much lower to go. For the LPs to fall to 140-150, means that the pre LPs have to go to 100. For that price you're in Gallardo and F430 territory. I think that the Murcis are currently undervalued if anything. It might take some time for the depreciation to set in, but if you think about it:

1. All the people that wanted the newer and better car have done so. The Aventador came out in 2012, so they had 3 years to switch.

2. The Murci is an iconic Lamborghini Design along with the Countach and Diablo.

3. The Diablos are creeping up in price, with some selling at premiums to the Murcis (not even mentioning the Countach). With some Countaches reaching 600-700k these days, one could expect the newer models to slowly follow. I don't think they'll get to that point, but nonetheless they have a long way to go.

4. The Murci is actualluy the last true Lamborghini. It has the last V12, which has been used since the 350gt. Refined and improved over decades, Lambo went with a completely new engine for the Aventador. It's a better car, but also a much easier car to drive, more refined, less brutal and raw.

5. Production numbers, around 4k ever made, without accounting for the numerous ones that have been totaled etc. The Aventador is already at that production number with only a couple of years into its run.

I think while appreciation might take some time, I have a very hard time thinking that they can drop much more in value. The Murci is just such an incredible piece of machine. It's looks, performance, sound and aesthetics are just out of this world. I know at least one guy who bought a Murci, sold it, got an Aventador, had it for 6 months and sold it and bought another Murci. :)

Great post!!!

Now I really can't wait for mine!

Agree 100%! Love my murci... The sound, the feel, the looks..... Only one downside.... If I ever had to sell it, no other car could compare to the drama. When a v12 lambo pulls into a car meet, that's where the crowd goes.. Be it diablo, Countach, murci, or aventador.... They're all amazing

Murci looks like the BIG lambo ALL the time. No offense to Aventador owners, but it is possible to mistake it for the smaller Huracan. Obviously only to amateurs. Anyone who knows cars/lambos knows the difference between Aventador and Huracan...

Well said my friend well said!