So who ordered an SV?

FEVIPER

ok i figured it out, this might be the longest time its ever took me to figure out a car.

The issue is the Y shaped thing on the seat and stitching on the cars i've seen pics were the same color, which is reasonable i've had lots of cars where i've taken the exterior, brought it inside as a accent, great plan.

Now if I had a green accented interior and green car. Then I get a hair up my ass and decide to wrap the car in blue, having green accents would look pretty bad, i might have people asking me if i'm color blind(i got lots of problems but that ain't one of them)

So If I go all black, alcantara, CF, CF skin in the interior, I could use any exterior color. My Murci was like that IIRC, what ever the case the SV has a rad interior with the colors, piping , stitching the Y thing. So going all dark is losing a big piece of the visual appearance of the car that says "FU i'm a SV". I didnt want to loose that or look color blind with bad interior/exterior color mis matches.

this has been the issue since day one. well almost day one.

I slept on it last night again, I took a week and stepped back from it, to clear my mind. Didnt look at any pics last night. went to bed with a clean slate. when i woke up I had it figured out.

Yellow calipers, and a black/yellow interior, then I can wrap any gray I want, Blue, Black, and maybe purple(not sure about that one). And Of Course yellow. Orange is out the window-dont matter.

So with Yellow interior accents I'm giving myself the most options for different wraps-i'd appreciate any feed back on this thought.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not white or light gray "Y" accent & stitching on black Alcantara? The sharp contrast (and thus the visuals) will be guaranteed and white or light gray will match virtually anything within the entire colour spectrum. Not sure if they have bright silver available but that obvious would work too.

ok i figured it out, this might be the longest time its ever took me to figure out a car.

The issue is the Y shaped thing on the seat and stitching on the cars i've seen pics were the same color, which is reasonable i've had lots of cars where i've taken the exterior, brought it inside as a accent, great plan.

Now if I had a green accented interior and green car. Then I get a hair up my ass and decide to wrap the car in blue, having green accents would look pretty bad, i might have people asking me if i'm color blind(i got lots of problems but that ain't one of them)

So If I go all black, alcantara, CF, CF skin in the interior, I could use any exterior color. My Murci was like that IIRC, what ever the case the SV has a rad interior with the colors, piping , stitching the Y thing. So going all dark is losing a big piece of the visual appearance of the car that says "FU i'm a SV". I didnt want to loose that or look color blind with bad interior/exterior color mis matches.

this has been the issue since day one. well almost day one.

I slept on it last night again, I took a week and stepped back from it, to clear my mind. Didnt look at any pics last night. went to bed with a clean slate. when i woke up I had it figured out.

Yellow calipers, and a black/yellow interior, then I can wrap any gray I want, Blue, Black, and maybe purple(not sure about that one). And Of Course yellow. Orange is out the window-dont matter.

So with Yellow interior accents I'm giving myself the most options for different wraps-i'd appreciate any feed back on this thought.

Thats really funny how you came to terms with your decision as its basically the exact same way I came to my conclusion. Great idea with the yellow interior!

I am going with white on black with red piping/stitching with red callipers and centerlocks. White instead of Matte Black for resale value as well. The reason for the red is I love white, red and the wrap I have done 4 of my cars, Frozen Black. Its a matte black but with a shine to it... Has to be seen in person to be appreciated. So I wanted to do a interior color I can change the exterior on from white to red to frozen black that can work with all three. Red accents work very well with the Frozen Black especially

B_zps3ed66aa9.jpg

cx_zpsyh2ofyzj.jpgTTL_3093_zps1co7ij1x.jpg

image1_zps6n3gkd62.jpg

TTL_3151_zpsnpx5bqyn.jpgunnamed-2_zps3hfinsxu.jpg

11_zpsagxceftk.jpg1_zpsdw0hhtqi.jpg

^ I actually prefer the large SV decal now that I see it bare.

Seats were not comfortable huh?

Liquid I sat in seats when they showed the car in amilia island the seats are tight don't get me wrong I'm 6'3" and 250b and they were tight around the hips but i could deffinitly drive with them, my car arrives early august one of the 1st in the US. I ordered them with the carbon seats so i will let you know how they feel this was huge for me when ordering i kept going back and forth, I You can also order a second set of seats whih i might do its expensive i think around 15k i hope i fit haha.

I ordered them with the carbon seats so i will let you know how they feel this was huge for me when ordering i kept going back and forth, I You can also order a second set of seats whih i might do its expensive i think around 15k i hope i fit haha.

You can always create some amazing office chairs with the two carbon sport seats when you do replace them with the comfort seats ... that way you don't spend too much time behind the desk and prefer to be seated inside the Superveloce ... lol.

I remember seeing an office chair made from an actual Gallardo seat ... loved it.

Liquid I sat in seats when they showed the car in amilia island the seats are tight don't get me wrong I'm 6'3" and 250b and they were tight around the hips but i could deffinitly drive with them, my car arrives early august one of the 1st in the US. I ordered them with the carbon seats so i will let you know how they feel this was huge for me when ordering i kept going back and forth, I You can also order a second set of seats whih i might do its expensive i think around 15k i hope i fit haha.

Awesome! Looking forward to it. What color combo did you end up with?

I am being told now I will have my roadster beginning of the summer, hopefully that happens. I think I am going to go with the regular seats as I never do well with bucket seats lol.

Liquid Assets, you rides are awesome: sinister looking and yet convey classiness at the same time. :icon_thumleft:

As for the SV, haven't driven one but based on the static seat time, there really isn't anything that is soft about the car at all which is a plus and a minus.

That's Rolls does look great!

might have to ship mine in for a upgrade, ive had it 4 years and change and drove it 2300 miles. lol i drive it often, just not far, i'm board with the "factory" look

You can always create some amazing office chairs with the two carbon sport seats when you do replace them with the comfort seats ... that way you don't spend too much time behind the desk and prefer to be seated inside the Superveloce ... lol.

I remember seeing an office chair made from an actual Gallardo seat ... loved it.

nothing a saw and a upholstery expert cant sort out with Carbon seats(maybe)

they used to make office chairs for $5,000 each back in the 80's with Recaro seats and sold them in catalogs. Sadly i was broke and never had such niceties in my life. Until I fixed that problem. I wonder if Recaro has a solution for the SV? I aint looked at their seats in years, hmmmm???

that "Frozen Black" I'm familiar with that color or something very close to it, my friend has a SL550 he paid WAY to much for, but it was his first car and he is happy, he just sold his company so he'll be showing up in something real very soon!!!

Back to the paint, his "Frozen Black" or what looked like it to me, was super soft, is yours like that? i suspect not-your very smart. but since i know fcuk-all about it, gotta ask the dumb questions too.

thx man

Eric

So big SV - sticker option from factory or painted ad personam at more than double the price, thoughts people?

Its getting to the level i'm almost tempted to just get the sticker made after delivery and save £2k

Also anyone know as its a bit unclear if 6H3 CF engine bay trim: is part of P41 engine area in cf (inc t cover and x frame): asked dealer he doesn't know but thinks it is.

So big SV - sticker option from factory or painted ad personam at more than double the price, thoughts people?

Its getting to the level i'm almost tempted to just get the sticker made after delivery and save £2k

Also anyone know as its a bit unclear if 6H3 CF engine bay trim: is part of P41 engine area in cf (inc t cover and x frame): asked dealer he doesn't know but thinks it is.

I paid to get the ad persona big SV painted. It was 8400 I believe it was 5400-5600 more than the sticker. I did it for resale value if I end up selling one day I believe people would want the paint. And in my order sheet the x frame was different.

I paid to get the ad persona big SV painted. It was 8400 I believe it was 5400-5600 more than the sticker. I did it for resale value if I end up selling one day I believe people would want the paint. And in my order sheet the x frame was different.

Interesting thought

X frame individually is listed as 5C6 and T cover is GT2 rather than the combined P41 is that what you meant by listed differently?

This is all getting too geeky!

it's been my experience that any "add-on's" mean zero come resale time. perhaps i'm wrong or just make bad deals, but i cant see $8000 for a painted logo, IMO thats the bean counters at Audi figuring how to put the wood to buyers. Porsche a few years back had the highest margin's in the biz, $500 for the same stitching, same thread-different color comes to mind.

I like the big SV but how hard would it be for a shop to get the pattern load in into the computer and cut it from what ever they use these days?

Can I afford $8000, sure. But If I had Saudi oil $$$$$$$$, the principal of getting raped just don't sit well with me.

I shit when I saw I paid $7500 for 3 pieces of glass over the motor in my car I have now, i didn't spec it out I took it as it came. Every time I look at that glass I feel like a idiot.

I aint cheap, in life, hell I have a $120,000 Lalique table in my entry of my house. I bought it right an if I needed to sell it I'd make $10,000 on it. It's about Value as you said, in life. but what it is and timing are relevant. Mods on cars are not ever value-IMO.

But in Cars unless i'm missing something Mod's, stickers, wheels, wing's, exhausts, systems(I spent $30,000 and put 4 15" woofers in a Bentley 13 yeas ago) all add up to $0 come the day you unload the car.

so when I put modsd on a car, i consider it $$$ GONE, and if I can live with it I do the mod, if I cant. I leave it alone. $8000 for a painted logo IMO is $0 in 2,3,4,5 years. If they were building 20 cars, might be different.

my 4 cents, used to be 2 but inflation and all....

best

eric

Thanks a lot for the positive feedback gents, means a lot as I spend an asinine amount of free capital on my cars along with a lot of time and energy, lol.

You will have to see it in person in a month or two Eric. Its not like the chalkboard black that you sometimes see, its a dark matte black with a shine to it, almost like a satin matte black. Everyone says it looks 100x better in person.

I definitely hear you on money lost on modifications... Look at my UGR Spyder I am selling, lmao.

As long as someone doesn't build a really weird/distasteful car, they really will have no problems selling the SV when there are ready to.

If anyone was interested factory clarified 6H3 is removed from the my16 options list and P41 is the most cf you can get, roadster is however now added with all the same options.