North Korea Crazy

capt_chaos

North Korea Defence chief executed by Anti Aircraft weapons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-32716749

Horrible

The US-based Committee for Human Rights in North Korea said the images showed large weaponry facing a very close target, a viewing area and several passenger vehicles.

It said the "most plausible explanation" for the image was a "gruesome public execution" by anti-aircraft fire.

Earlier, the South Korean agency said that senior officials were being executed at the rate of one a week. It all adds up to a picture of a leader in Pyongyang who feels very insecure and who is dangerous in his insecurity.

Nuts.... But I take it with a grain of salt, having knowledge of another supposedly fucked place under embargo and that's Cuba. Most of what you hear about Cuba is total bull shit. Knowing this I also tend not to believe everything I hear about North Korea. But I've been to Cuba and my younger brother lived there for a few years. So I have first hand knowledge about Cuba, never been to North Korea.

Thanks for your input :huh:

Just going by experience. The U.S. government and media are completely full of shit when it comes to Cuba. So I question anything they say about other dictatorships. Oh I also have first hand experience with Burma and know most of the info about them is also dissident bull shit.

I will say in my experience dictatorships are fucked up. Just not as fucked up as the U.S government and media suggest they are.

Lived in the US my whole life. Honestly dont know of any "horror" stories like the NK stuff to come out of Cuba. I do know the dictator ship obviously has its dissidents who dont come out unharmed, but ive never read stories of them feeding dissidents to dogs in front of crowds or blowing them away with large guns. Probably because the largest gun in Cuba is something like a mosin nagant they imported in 1912 second hand from the russians....

I had to go back and look through this thread for some laughs. Wonder if they've been feeding the pet killer whales dissident Generals to keep them from starving like the rest of the country. Anyone up for a trip?

I had to go back and look through this thread for some laughs. Wonder if they've been feeding the pet killer whales dissident Generals to keep them from starving like the rest of the country. Anyone up for a trip?

I do recommend going to dictatorships. Its an eye opening experience. Two directors of a company I'm involved in, are both ex-state department. One was stationed in Burma and we looked into doing some mining projects there when it opens up. He travels to Burma frequently, he lobbies for them and is trying to help them get sanctions lifted. My brother started going to Cuba as a tourist in the early 90's. Ended up getting a student visa and living there. He visits at least twice a year now. Our assessment, its like Mexico, without the visible poverty and crime.

Nuts.... But I take it with a grain of salt, having knowledge of another supposedly fucked place under embargo and that's Cuba. Most of what you hear about Cuba is total bull shit. Knowing this I also tend not to believe everything I hear about North Korea. But I've been to Cuba and my younger brother lived there for a few years. So I have first hand knowledge about Cuba, never been to North Korea.

Just going by experience. The U.S. government and media are completely full of shit when it comes to Cuba. So I question anything they say about other dictatorships. Oh I also have first hand experience with Burma and know most of the info about them is also dissident bull shit.

I could may buy what you are selling about Cuba because it has changed pretty drastically in the last 2 decades. Burma and NK on the other hand...especially NK. It's not the US Government that is making this up...the entire WORLD (minus Russia, Iran and China) is against NK.

I will say in my experience dictatorships are fucked up. Just not as fucked up as the U.S government and media suggest they are.

What we don't have a dictatorship here!!! We have a congress which has no interest in our problems and couldn't care how we feel about the job they are doing, a congress which cannot solve any of our problems , a congress which sells itself to the highest bidder, a congress which wastes our tax dollars when not giving it away to the friends.......not to mention a president whose primary focus seems to be everything else but what is critical to our economic security, freedom and our safety.

I do recommend going to dictatorships. Its an eye opening experience. Two directors of a company I'm involved in, are both ex-state department. One was stationed in Burma and we looked into doing some mining projects there when it opens up. He travels to Burma frequently, he lobbies for them and is trying to help them get sanctions lifted. My brother started going to Cuba as a tourist in the early 90's. Ended up getting a student visa and living there. He visits at least twice a year now. Our assessment, its like Mexico, without the visible poverty and crime.

Have heard things like this before about Cuba from some who have visited there. However, why then do people keep trying to escape from it? Also, while I cannot say positively that the people you knew were subjected to it, dictatorships have made it an art form of selectively showing Westerners areas of said dictatorship to give a completely warped view of what the dictatorship actually is like. The Soviets, Iranians, North Koreans, etc...all made an art form of this.

As for North Korea, you do not hear of people going there and talking about how they can just go anywhere with no limitations or anything as some say with regards to Cuba. For example, a train through the country travels either at night or there is a wall that blocks the view of the countryside. One thing to consider is how the people in the country view the leader. If you read from people who have visited there, everyone in NK talks about how great and wonderful Kim Jong Il was and now Kim Jong Un. Remember Dennis Rodman went there and talked about how everyone in the country absolutely loves their leader, how great and wonderful he is, etc...it often doesn't occur to such people just why it is that everyone "loves" the leader so much.

For example, how come nobody ever says, "Kim Jong Un is a bloody fvcking idiot who needs to have his head examined." :D

I will say in my experience dictatorships are fucked up.

I do recommend going to dictatorships.

The fuckwit posting alarm goes off everytime you post.

For example, how come nobody ever says, "Kim Jong Un is a bloody fvcking idiot who needs to have his head examined." :D

Wheels if they said what they really thought about the guy they would be fed to the dogs or blown to pieces with anti aircraft machine guns in front of a crowd of loyal scared to death Koreans.

Wheels if they said what they really thought about the guy they would be fed to the dogs or blown to pieces with anti aircraft machine guns in front of a crowd of loyal scared to death Koreans.

I'm giving Wheels the benefit of doubt here but, I think that's what he was trying to say?

I'm giving Wheels the benefit of doubt here but, I think that's what he was trying to say?

I believe he was genuinely curious to know the answer to that question, Wheels is a bag full of enigmas :icon_mrgreen:

IMO the answer is that most of them are brainwashed to the point where they are actually believing it, when the shithead's father died I watched some YouTube videos with people out on the streets genuinely bawling their eyes out, weird!

when the shithead's father died I watched some YouTube videos with people out on the streets genuinely bawling their eyes out, weird!

Those people bawling their eyes out got two bowls of rock soup that day.

I was being sarcastic, in other words the reason why everyone "loves" the leader so much is precisely for this reason. Thus a sign that a country is oppressive is if no one is critical of the government.